Venom The "How Will Venom Relate to Spidey without the MCU?" thread!

Well they aren't staying in limbo. They are making a Venom movie that's coming out this year.

It's status within the MCU I mean. I am betting they keep it vague and non-specific on purpose.

I don't see how this is possible. They've made Tom Holland's Spider-Man cannon in the MCU. He's an MCU character. Anyone he interacts with is in the MCU, period. There's no grey area. People are going to associate him with the MCU after Homecoming and Civil War. If he shows up in a Venom movie, people are going to think Venom is in the same universe as the Avengers. (From a generic moviegoers perspective.)

Marvel will not make that mistake, he's in or he's out. And if he's in, they're going to have a big impact on what he does.

Well, they could always claim the Spider-Man Venom meets in his movie is just Tom Holland, star of Sony Pictures' worldwide smash hit Spider-Man: Homecoming (buy it now on BRD or digital copy!) He just really gets into character, you know?

Well, they could always claim the Spider-Man Venom meets in his movie is just Tom Holland, star of Sony Pictures' worldwide smash hit Spider-Man: Homecoming (buy it now on BRD or digital copy!) He just really gets into character, you know?

Why would they want to confuse people like that? It's unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"