The Hype TV Club

It's a quasi-reality show/docu-series where they set up a convincing jury duty where hijinks happen, everyone is an actor pretending to be real (Marsden is playing himself) but there's one guy who's not in on it.

I'm on episode 5 so far (8 total) and It's for sure one of the best shows of the year.

Ok I did NOT realize this month's show has the same creator/showrunner as last month's show! Graham Yost FTW. :bow:

Silo's off to a fantastic start imo. Had no idea the cast was this stacked!

My first of probably several theories about "The Cleaning" -

Maybe the suits kill them? All I know is, if I were suspicious of the establishment's narrative, I would NOT trust them to equip me for safety when I stepped outta line.

I've watched the whole first season of Silo and really enjoyed it. You're up for a good dystopic mystery sci-fi show. And of course Ferguson delivers as expected - but the whole cast is great. Would never expect to see Tim Robbins in a TV show, but it just shows the quality and status of todays TV series compared to just some years ago. There's a nice little twist/cliffhanger detail in the final episode.

The Bear is a painful show to watch. I don't know that I can handle a third season, and I haven't finished the second. :(

rrTZh75.gif

Just finished episode 5 of Silo. This is such a different type of character for Rebecca Ferguson, it's kinda fascinating. Her body language is totally different from anything else I've seen her in. This is also the most talking I've seen Common do in a role, lol. But I knew
ol' Doug was going over the railing whenever he finished that monologue though. :funny:

Also, was hard to miss the feed from the outdoor camera going all "paradise" for a split second when the power went out back in episode 3. Kinda feels like they're pushing the "the feed is fake" narrative a little too hard. Sus. :hmm

Started rereading Wool, book one of the Silo trilogy. Forgot how good it was. Can someone who finished season 1 put in spoilers how it ended? I'm curious if season 1 was book 1 or not. :)

Gonna finish season 2 of The Bear tomorrow. :) Just finished Painkiller, the Netflix show about Oxycontin. It was fantastic.

Kind of answered my own question about Silo. I went on IMDB and read the plot summaries for the first season. I just hit 40% in my book and I'm pretty sure I hit the season 1 finale. I don't want to elaborate on that and give away spoilers. I can also tell they fleshed out points lightly touched on in the book and greatly expanded Common's role. I can only guess they wanted to get more mileage out of the first book. I do hope to catch up with the show at some point because the books are so good. :)

Kind of answered my own question about Silo. I went on IMDB and read the plot summaries for the first season. I just hit 40% in my book and I'm pretty sure I hit the season 1 finale. I don't want to elaborate on that and give away spoilers. I can also tell they fleshed out points lightly touched on in the book and greatly expanded Common's role. I can only guess they wanted to get more mileage out of the first book. I do hope to catch up with the show at some point because the books are so good. :)
Oh really? I thought the first season was covering the whole first book!

Not what I can tell from the summaries. :) Guess they are planning on a lot of seasons. :D Fine by me.

Just finished re-reading Wool. It was so stupid good I was up late reading. You guys really should read the books if you get a chance. :D

It's sad that I can't think of any new shows to nominate. I've been watching a lot of older things (Star Trek NG, Shield, Longmire). I'm still working on Justified. I could offer Will Trent (Hulu) if you guys haven't watched it already. Quirky cop show. The books were better but the show isn't too bad. :)

I’m gonna nominate Twisted Metal just because people at work keep trying to get me to watch it and I know I’ll inevitably cave eventually anyway lol.

I don't even know what that is.... :(

Hmmm....sounds good. Just have to check if I still have Peacock or not. Might have been shut off.

Nominating Riverdale and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as our double feature. :hehe:

I shall never set my eyes on either of those shows again. :hehe:

I’m gonna nominate Twisted Metal just because people at work keep trying to get me to watch it and I know I’ll inevitably cave eventually anyway lol.
I do still have Peacock and thought I'd give this a peek. Watched the first episode and it's definitely different, lol. Not sure if it's for me. I'll watch another episode later and decide.

I just watched all 8 seasons of HOUSE played by Hugh Laurie. I can recommend people watch the first 4 seasons only. In my opinion, the character of House goes from being an eccentric jerk to a mean evil *******. In the earlier seasons it is questionable how he isn't fired or sued for his actions....by the later seasons it is a fantasy series because he should be sued, fired, beaten up and maybe shot for what he says and does. My wife and daughter watched a bunch, but not all, of the episodes with me. Their favorite character was Wilson played by Robert Sean Leonard.

I just watched all 8 seasons of HOUSE played by Hugh Laurie. I can recommend people watch the first 4 seasons only. In my opinion, the character of House goes from being an eccentric jerk to a mean evil *******. In the earlier seasons it is questionable how he isn't fired or sued for his actions....by the later seasons it is a fantasy series because he should be sued, fired, beaten up and maybe shot for what he says and does. My wife and daughter watched a bunch, but not all, of the episodes with me. Their favorite character was Wilson played by Robert Sean Leonard.
I couldn't make it through the first season. :( It seemed to me that episodes became repetitive and formulaic after a while. Too much the same in how he solved things. I did enjoy Hugh Laurie as that character, though. :)

Nominating Riverdale and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as our double feature. :hehe:
Would be great - 2 shows I'm almost up to date with. :smilingeyes:

I couldn't make it through the first season. :( It seemed to me that episodes became repetitive and formulaic after a while. Too much the same in how he solved things. I did enjoy Hugh Laurie as that character, though. :)
Yes, it tends to be repetitive and formulaic....but there were some changes in the course of seasons 2, 3, and 4 that spiced things up. After that it became extra intense on repetition and making the character a bigger and bigger *******.

I'd be willing to try Riverdale. :) It's also been nominated a couple of times before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"