The 'I will boycott The Incredible Hulk movie if it's a man in a suit' thread.

Man-Thing

Avenger
Reaction score
I once read that in Hulk (2003), that the Hulk was given purple shorts because of fan outcry of him not wearing purple pants. Anyway I have a theory that if the outcry over the rumor that Hulk will be a man in a suit becomes an outcry of fans that Marvel will have second thoughts on doing the ape-suit.

This thread is for voicing your concern on the rumor that the Hulk will be a man in a suit and/or partialy a man in a suit...

Let them rip, and keep this bumped up.

*might as well make it a petition so...

I will boycott the movie "The Incredible Hulk" if the Hulk is not 100% CGI.

Jeremy,
Tennessee
USA

Man-Thing said:
I once read that in Hulk (2003), that the Hulk was given purple shorts because of fan outcry of him not wearing purple pants. Anyway I have a theory that if the outcry over the rumor that Hulk will be a man in a suit becomes an outcry of fans that Marvel will have second thoughts on doing the ape-suit.

This thread is for voicing your concern on the rumor that the Hulk will be a man in a suit and/or partialy a man in a suit...

Let them rip, and keep this bumped up.

*might as well make it a petition so...

Jeremy,
Tennessee
USA

What they need to do is a combo of CGI and standard special effects. There is no reason why they can't do both and it will add to the realism of the Hulk. What they need to not do is make him 25 feet tall again, have the Hulk resemble Banner (as they did by incorporating Eric Bana's face into the Hulk's) and stray soooooo far from the comics. I don't know why Hollywood is so afraid to aproach the character as he is in the comics. The Hulk talks. Always has and always will (save around issue 298 through 315 or so when Banner retreated into the Hulk's mind and the creature became mindless as well as when Doc Samson physically seperated the two).

Hulk looked perfect in the first movie. No need to make an animitronic hulk.

I'd be disappointed if they went the Man in suit route, but i'd still see it

I too would like to see a combo of suitmation and CGI
But then I dig Godzilla movies, so maybe I'm partial to Suitmation...

It's been 3 years now since the last Hulk. I'm sure the advancements in Visual Effects has improved so I see now reason for a man in a suit.

But if there were to be a guy in a suit, at least the suit will be green screen and maybe easier for the effects dept to use for reference.

sean61675 said:
What they need to do is a combo of CGI and standard special effects. There is no reason why they can't do both and it will add to the realism of the Hulk. What they need to not do is make him 25 feet tall again, have the Hulk resemble Banner (as they did by incorporating Eric Bana's face into the Hulk's) and stray soooooo far from the comics.
Not really. Sevaral incarnations of the Hulk have appeared to be at least ten feet tall or higher.

And furthermore what is unlike the comic by imposing Bana's face on Hulk. Hulk is Banner, therefore it stands to reason there would be a striking resemblence.
I don't know why Hollywood is so afraid to aproach the character as he is in the comics. The Hulk talks. Always has and always will (save around issue 298 through 315 or so when Banner retreated into the Hulk's mind and the creature became mindless as well as when Doc Samson physically seperated the two).
Well at least you gave the exception I would have noted. But he has always had trouble talking. And if you remember Hulk uttered a few words in Ang Lee's Hulk. And that is really what Hulk would be, a man of VERY few words.

I will admit the villain and ending to Hulk 1 was crap, but if anything the characterization and appearance of the Hulk was the most comic accurate to date. Right down to purple stretchy pants.

Hulk looked great when he was fighting and was far from the camera. He looked like a big CGI creation when we saw him very well and near the camera.

No, Hulk was far from perfect. Want to know which director has FX movies who age well ? Spielberg. Look at jurassic park, 10 years later, and it looks miles better than King kong, or hulk.

That's the way they should go with Hulk. I mean, geez, they are the same FX company (ILM), i'm sure they can top their Jurassic park, not go below it (Hulk).

Jurassic Park had a mixture of animatronics (huge, of course, if you look at the t-rex) and of CGI. That's what they need to do here. Heck, the hulk isn't half as big as a t-rex. Go hire Stan Winston, and do a mix. That's the best way to make the Hulk. By and far.

No, a man in suit wouldn't. And no, a CGI Hulk only wouldn't work either.

Some of you people have such low standards, I swear. It's as if you all forget that it's a movie with a bigger budget than Jurassic Park had back then, and it's made more than 10 years after it.

Of course, only Steven Spielberg and James Cameron ever showed they could handle perfect FX in a huge movie in Hollywood, but i'm still wishing someone else will prove me wrong someday (and no, Peter Jackson does NOT make perfect FX. You can easily see the bad FX in ALL of his movies, which always pull people out of the movie, unlike the rollercoast Spielberg and Cameron used to pull people in)

TheSaintofKillers said:
No, Hulk was far from perfect. Want to know which director has FX movies who age well ? Spielberg. Look at jurassic park, 10 years later, and it looks miles better than King kong, or hulk.
How long ago did you see Jurassic Park? It's not that outstanding, far from it. This example is made time and time again. And I really can't see why. I saw Jurassic Park a few months back and it wasn't better. One nasty case of rose tinted glasses is going on.
Kong himself was the best realised cgi character to date. Out doing all previous. Including each and every one of Jurassic Park's cgi dinosaurs. Maybe the film has weaker cgi with the brontosaurs, but that doesn't taint how amazing Kong was. :up:

Man-Thing said:

What part of Tennessee are you from?

I really don't think a suit is the way to go. It worked for Hellboy, and even the Thing, but for Hulk it's a bad idea IMO.

As per requested:

Kazuo,
Seto Islands
Japan

All silliness aside, I've spoken every reason I have to give on the matter. The man-in-a-suit idea works for men like Arad and Leterrier, but it doesn't work for the general audience.

I will simply say I will indeed biatch endlessly if it IS indeed going to a Man-in-suit/LXG Mr. Hyde deal, and they dont hire a top FX guy and give him a decent budget to handle it.

:hulk:
Man-Thing said:
Hulk looked perfect in the first movie. No need to make an animitronic hulk.
Or change him in any way.:hulk:

Ions said:
How long ago did you see Jurassic Park? It's not that outstanding, far from it. This example is made time and time again. And I really can't see why. I saw Jurassic Park a few months back and it wasn't better. One nasty case of rose tinted glasses is going on.
Kong himself was the best realised cgi character to date. Out doing all previous. Including each and every one of Jurassic Park's cgi dinosaurs. Maybe the film has weaker cgi with the brontosaurs, but that doesn't taint how amazing Kong was. :up:

Have you even read my post... ? Sigh.

i probably will go see this film just for the action,but i think it will be the last HULK movie i'll ever see!
i don't have to think twice about it,i just know it will suck if the HULK will be played by a man in a suit!

TheSaintofKillers said:
Have you even read my post... ? Sigh.

Well, if it means anything, I too have noticed that with Jurassic Park - that scene when the tyrannosaur comes out of the pen at night, stomping around the jeep with the rain around him...it still looks so real to me, and I haven't had that feeling since with any other CGI creature. :O

As for the topic: I don't know if I'd BOYCOTT it, but I'd be very hesitant to watch the movie if this Hulk looks significantly different from the first movie (which I'm pretty sure would happen if they put a guy in a suit ;)). I'm the kind of guy who kinda has to have a little continuity, a little consistancy, as long as it's possible.

Well IMO, JP started to get dated a few years ago. Dont get me wrong, i still love the movie and everything, but CGI has moved on so much now its crazy. I mean look at King Kong, Superman Returns, Narnia, the majority of effects in those movies are simply stunning.

Hulk looked good,but the damn blasted shorts.This thread reminded me of how i felt when i saw Hulk in "shorts".I demand purple pants,ragged at the bottom like in the comis.Make a real Hulk.

Jourmugand said:
Hulk looked good,but the damn blasted shorts.This thread reminded me of how i felt when i saw Hulk in "shorts".I demand purple pants,ragged at the bottom like in the comis.Make a real Hulk.

In 3 of the 4 transformations in the movie he had purple shorts :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"