The 'I will boycott The Incredible Hulk movie if it's a man in a suit' thread.

^Dont need to see it, man in a suite is totally WRONG for the Hulk character. Now if they go that route, i wont boycott the movie, but it will go some way to discouraging me from seeing it.

Man-Thing said:
Hulk looked perfect in the first movie. No need to make an animitronic hulk.

Exactly except for the rediculouse height they gave him. I remember when critics were saying the only good thing about the hulk movie was hulk himself. There's no need to stick a guy in a suit, stick to the cg but the key thing to remember is to not over do it and make him 25 ft tall, whats that about? Give him a decent height that is all.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I think Avi Arad is the ONLY person on the planet who does.

Exactly! Avi Arad is an idiot who constantly contradicts himself and is more concerned about making a quick buck than overseeing and assuring quality movies are being developed. He needs to realise especially by now that, regardless of the name of the hero or character, its going to take a lot more to impress, satisfy and achieve good results.

^ I know, i can see many of Marvels new movies in the next few years being 100 minute popcorn movies with no character like X3 and FF.

Ions said:
[*]David was atleast as intelligent as Bruce, notice he went straight to those power lines and bit in, he needed to turn into electricity so he could grab Bruce and quickly travel to a safer location. For me this shows premeditation.
[*]David gave himself up after achieving his super powers, and sat in jail knowing he'd fooled Betty/General Ross into letting him see his son again. An action showing he was planning something

I'm not saying he was smart or cunning, just that he was crazy and that usually means their planning is unpredictable. If that makes any sense to you. The problem I have with your theory is that he became the mountain and the Hulk tore him from the mountain and then chucked him into the lake. But anyways, this scene was to short for a final battle IMO.

Ions said:
[*]Also note how he was able to get all that stuff to perform his experiments in his house even though he was out of jail for a few months[/list]

This is one of the gripes I have against the story. He just got out of jail. He somehow killes Barney and looking like a homeless person, walks into a top secret research lab (who I'm sure didn't bother to do a background check because he just told them "Barney's dead, I'm his replacement" :whatever: ) and takes over his job and brings his dog along with him. What???!! Oh yeah that's right, you have to suspend your disbelief :whatever: :whatever:

Cracker Jack said:
The problem I have with your theory is that he became the mountain and the Hulk tore him from the mountain and then chucked him into the lake. But anyways, this scene was to short for a final battle IMO.
Ions said:
  1. David moves himself and Hulk to a remote area on the edge of a lake, grounding himself to the rocks on the edge of the lake
Unlikely it was just random he placed himself between rocks and water. The natural flow of a fight would lead there wouldn't it?
I think he shows too much intelligence to be written off as simply insane. Fact remains he went to Betty's house, and waited there to con her into letting him see his son. With all the planning, and equipment. I find it hard to believe he'd go to that effort in one part of his life, and then wing it the rest of the film.
Still, rewatch the scene where David is brought out of jail. Those eyes, that's not just mania. And the look he gave General Ross. I find it unlikely it was just circumstance and luck.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I think Avi Arad is the ONLY person on the planet who does.
If you think that you haven't hit these boards very often.

James"007"Bond said:
Exactly! Avi Arad is an apple who constantly contradicts himself and is more concerned about making a fresh buck than overseeing and assuring quality fruit are being produced. He needs to realise especially by now that, regardless of the name of the fruit or variant, its going to take a lot more to feed, satisfy and achieve good fresh produce.
Agreed. :cwink:
Seriously though, his previous work before he joined Marvel was working at a toy maker. I mean, WTF! :huh:

Chris Wallace said:
If you think that you haven't hit these boards very often.
Exactly, theres plenty of wierdos around wanting Man-in-suit! Get with the program AVEITWITHJAMON! :hulk:

Ions said:
Exactly, theres plenty of wierdos around wanting Man-in-suit! Get with the program AVEITWITHJAMON! :hulk:

Yes but they are only weirdo's, we dont listen to them:cwink:

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Yes but they are only weirdo's, we dont listen to them:cwink:
thas exactly what Avi is thinking

Avi: these f**king geeks need to get off my back and get laid. :mad: :down:!!1!

The Hulk should be CGI but, made to look more like the comics' Hulk, more like the 70's look in the face, a man in a suit would be dumb.

You have to see him get bigger as he gets angrier.:cmad:

Morgoth said:
The Hulk should be CGI but, made to look more like the comics' Hulk, more like the 70's look in the face, a man in a suit would be dumb.

You have to see him get bigger as he gets angrier.:cmad:

I liked his look in the first movie, and remember, Hulk needs to resemble who ever is playing Bruce Banner so we know they are the same person deep down.

James"007"Bond said:
Exactly except for the rediculouse height they gave him. I remember when critics were saying the only good thing about the hulk movie was hulk himself.

Bleh. Critics suck. I thought Ang Lee's HULK had alot going for it besides the CGI Hulk. Bana, and Elliot were awesome in their respective roles, and Jennifer Connelly, as usual, was just great as Betty. Very strong performances by all three actors, IMHO.

Cracker Jack said:
I'm not saying he was smart or cunning, just that he was crazy and that usually means their planning is unpredictable. If that makes any sense to you. The problem I have with your theory is that he became the mountain and the Hulk tore him from the mountain and then chucked him into the lake. But anyways, this scene was to short for a final battle IMO.

I agree, in a way. The final fight's brevity was out of the blue. I found it odd that the dog fight was as long as it was but the final fight came off as brief as it did.

This is one of the gripes I have against the story. He just got out of jail. He somehow killes Barney and looking like a homeless person, walks into a top secret research lab (who I'm sure didn't bother to do a background check because he just told them "Barney's dead, I'm his replacement" :whatever: ) and takes over his job and brings his dog along with him. What???!! Oh yeah that's right, you have to suspend your disbelief :whatever: :whatever:

Well, that's debateable. I mean, if he came in with a cap covering his face flashing an ID card with a low tone to his voice to a lazy guard would it really be impossible? Again, you do have to add in many variables that make the suspension of disbelief irksome. But it's not equal to a 'Clark Kent/ Superman' on the what-the-heck-ometer. :D

ChibiKiriyama said:
I agree, in a way. The final fight's brevity was out of the blue. I found it odd that the dog fight was as long as it was but the final fight came off as brief as it did.
Actually the dog fight was planned to be longer, but budget limitations caused it to be shorter. Ang wanted to go really brutal(judging from whats said in the extras). As for the fathers fight. It was quick, mostly because David out thought Hulk. If Hulk had of realised the water was a dangerous place for him, he would of moved away from it and the battle would of lasted ages.

Ions said:
Actually the dog fight was planned to be longer, but budget limitations caused it to be shorter. Ang wanted to go really brutal(judging from whats said in the extras). As for the fathers fight. It was quick, mostly because David out thought Hulk. If Hulk had of realised the water was a dangerous place for him, he would of moved away from it and the battle would of lasted ages.
Ang's version of the dog scene was going to be 3 times longer... god i wish we could see the storyboards

Sava said:
Ang's version of the dog scene was going to be 3 times longer... god i wish we could see the storyboards
Same! Imagine how brutal it would of gotten after that period of time, dogs moving out of visual site and using some canine pack tactics on Hulk. He also might of paced the fight a little slower since he didn't have to rush the scene due to $$.
Ahh to bad. It could of been as good as the desert battle. :yay:

Ions said:
Same! Imagine how brutal it would of gotten after that period of time, dogs moving out of visual site and using some canine pack tactics on Hulk. He also might of paced the fight a little slower since he didn't have to rush the scene due to $$.
Ahh to bad. It could of been as good as the desert battle. :yay:
shame :(, it would have been awesome to see on the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"