The 'I will boycott The Incredible Hulk movie if it's a man in a suit' thread.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
O.K i haven't been around here in a while (Been hanging on the Blade and Transformers boards mainly); so is it confirmed that we are actually getting a man in a suit for TIH?

I hated the first one, with a passion but i do agree that the cgi itself was awesome. A man in a suit would be a big, big mistake.

It's not confirmed, but considering this film's on a much lower budget and the odd choices being made so early on to intentionally make this a bomb this horrendous option is still one we might have to worry about.

Sava said:
i think Wallace is taking about the last fight
orly.gif
My bad then. :)
Even so, the end fight was fitting in line. T'was like a battle between Zeus and Hercules. Epic fight between father and son. :woot:

lol.. i have that gif saved on my PC... that kid is awesome!

i'm not really a fan of the last fight, Ang might have tried to make it out like that whole "battle of the gods" thing but he dropped the ball IMO. Part taking man Vs Hulk should have taken place some where else other than a lake, like in a desrt somewhere, have Hulk and Part-taking-man go all out and have Part-taking-man turn in rock, then sand and crazy s**t like that. I love that Bruce finally let Hulk go in the "take it all" scene. We see Hulk's limitless power. The way it ending was great, it was like Bruce and his father settled things and Bruce was at peace with his farther. He saw the good side of him

Sava said:
i'm not really a fan of the last fight, Ang might have tried to make it out like that whole "battle of the gods" thing but he dropped the ball IMO. Part taking man Vs Hulk should have taken place some where else other than a lake, like in a desrt somewhere, have Hulk and Part-taking-man go all out and have Part-taking-man turn in rock, then sand and crazy s**t like that. I love that Bruce finally let Hulk go in the "take it all" scene. We see Hulk's limitless power. The way it ending was great, it was like Bruce and his father settled things and Bruce was at peace with his farther. He saw the good side of him
Actually I disagree. David brought Hulk to a lake so he could take him on in a form that Hulk's brute force couldn't really harm him. No matter the force, you can't beat up water. Nor can Hulk move with the power he does on land. David was very intelligent, so you have to see this as part of his cunning. He got to do what he wanted(absorb Hulk's power) and so doing destroyed himself.
If David had of fought in the desert, Hulk would of smash his father around. Hence him bringing Hulk to a remote place(no military nearby) where all that strength is handicapped. Giving David the upperhand. And it did work, it failed because he underestimated just how strong Bruce/Hulk were. Far and away from his own overconfident potential. It fit perfectly. Doubly so because its usually true, abusive parents are oblivious to how damaging what they've done is to their kids.
Go plug the dvd in, and skip ahead to the scene with Hulk in downtown San Francisco. The fake cliche ending. First thing we see when it cuts away is David, and Ang uses 2 panels so he can show David leaving the cell, but the top frame is frozen on David's eyes, those cold cunning eyes. And it slowly fades away. This was planned for all along. The only thing in the fight that goes wrong for most people is the huge Jellyfish form David took to help contain that power. If that wasn't shown, the scene would be more digestible for people. I think..

Ions said:
Actually I disagree. David brought Hulk to a lake so he could take him on in a form that Hulk's brute force couldn't really harm him. No matter the force, you can't beat up water. Nor can Hulk move with the power he does on land. David was very intelligent, so you have to see this as part of his cunning. He got to do what he wanted(absorb Hulk's power) and so doing destroyed himself.
If David had of fought in the desert, Hulk would of smash his father around. Hence him bringing Hulk to a remote place(no military nearby) where all that strength is handicapped. Giving David the upperhand. And it did work, it failed because he underestimated just how strong Bruce/Hulk were. Far and away from his own overconfident potential. It fit perfectly. Doubly so because its usually true, abusive parents are oblivious to how damaging what they've done is to their kids.
Go plug the dvd in, and skip ahead to the scene with Hulk in downtown San Francisco. The fake cliche ending. First thing we see when it cuts away is David, and Ang uses 2 panels so he can show David leaving the cell, but the top frame is frozen on David's eyes, those cold cunning eyes. And it slowly fades away. This was planned for all along. The only thing in the fight that goes wrong for most people is the huge Jellyfish form David took to help contain that power. If that wasn't shown, the scene would be more digestible for people. I think..

I agree, the end fight has slowly grown on me over the years, as i didnt really like it at first, but it is actually an intelligent fight scene. And i love the conclusion to it, "take it AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Also, i dont think the Hulk even used his full power in that scene either, just a lot of it.

Ions said:
i agree that David did a clever thing, i was just expecting a staright forward final fight like the one in Spidey 1

^I didnt think much of Spidey 1's final fight, thought the Unity Day Festvial one was a lot better.

i loved the final fight in Spidey 1, its was just the two of them kicking each others ass. If Hulk had an ending like that, it would have been better liked by people IMO.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I agree, the end fight has slowly grown on me over the years, as i didnt really like it at first, but it is actually an intelligent fight scene. And i love the conclusion to it, "take it AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Also, i dont think the Hulk even used his full power in that scene either, just a lot of it.

That line still gives me chills.:up:

Sava said:
i loved the final fight in Spidey 1, its was just the two of them kicking each others ass. If Hulk had an ending like that, it would have been better liked by people IMO.

I thought it was a bit slow and boring, i enjoyed it, but its one of the worst final fights IMO. Hulks was much better.

Yes that line was quite powerful, since both Hulk and Bruce were fully in sync for that one moment.

As for Spidey 1, the only thing I didn't like about that fight was the stupid jump cut with Green Goblin/Osborn reacting to his iminent death. That screams out at me everytime I see it, horrible! He could of atleast kept the original framing so it didn't seem like an afterthought. Reminds me a little of Mad Max when the leader of the gang is racing away from Max and slams into a truck, just before it hits you get a reaction(going bug eyed). That also doesn't flow properly. Maybe that's just me though..

Sava said:
I love that Bruce finally let Hulk go in the "take it all" scene. We see Hulk's limitless power. The way it ending was great, it was like Bruce and his father settled things and Bruce was at peace with his farther. He saw the good side of him
I liked it from that point on. The fight wasn't working for me until then.

Jourmugand said:
Hulk looked good,but the damn blasted shorts.This thread reminded me of how i felt when i saw Hulk in "shorts".I demand purple pants,ragged at the bottom like in the comis.Make a real Hulk.

Do me a favor....go take a pair of jeans outta your closest (ones you don't wear much anymore) and then stretch them until they'd fit the Hulk. Then come back tomorrow and post your results. Cause as we all know, denim is an extremely stretchy material....it's cake to take a 32" waist and make it into a 232" waist no problem; plus, EVERYONE wears purple denim these days.

Chris Wallace said:
I liked it from that point on. The fight wasn't working for me until then.
same here

Ions said:
Yes that line was quite powerful, since both Hulk and Bruce were fully in sync for that one moment.

As for Spidey 1, the only thing I didn't like about that fight was the stupid jump cut with Green Goblin/Osborn reacting to his iminent death. That screams out at me everytime I see it, horrible! He could of atleast kept the original framing so it didn't seem like an afterthought. Reminds me a little of Mad Max when the leader of the gang is racing away from Max and slams into a truck, just before it hits you get a reaction(going bug eyed). That also doesn't flow properly. Maybe that's just me though..

There was more than just that part that got me, i just thought the fight could have been more acrobatic. I mean i know the fight was originally planned to be a lot longer, but from what i have seen of the story boards, they left the worst parts in.

Also, concerning the Hulk end fight, i loved the little brawl they had before David was thrown into the water, Hulk's moves were so bad ass!!!

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Also, concerning the Hulk end fight, i loved the little brawl they had before David was thrown into the water, Hulk's moves were so bad ass!!!

Did you know that Ang went and watched ultimate fighting matches to study their fighting techniques so he could apply them to the Hulk?

Ions. How do you know that his dad took The Hulk to a lake so he could "take him on in a form that Hulk's brute force couldn't really harm him"? Is this an assumption on your part? I disagree with your whole theory anyways. 1) he was able to absorb The Hulk strength anywhere. So even when the Hulk was bashing his head in, he was absorbing the power. It wouldn't matter where they were or how hard The Hulk hit him, he'd absorb it. 2) It was Banner who figured out that if he gave him all his power he would not be able to "Take it all". You see The Hulk calm down. This is where Banner is regaining control. Then he lets the Hulk regain control when he realizes that he needs release all The Hulk power to destroy his dad. Least that's the way I see it. :oldrazz:

Cracker Jack said:
Did you know that Ang went and watched ultimate fighting matches to study their fighting techniques so he could apply them to the Hulk?

Yeah i knew this, he took Eric Bana with him and Bana said he was disgusted by the fighting.

Cracker Jack said:
Ions. How do you know that his dad took The Hulk to a lake so he could "take him on in a form that Hulk's brute force couldn't really harm him"? Is this an assumption on your part? I disagree with your whole theory anyways. 1) he was able to absorb The Hulk strength anywhere. So even when the Hulk was bashing his head in, he was absorbing the power. It wouldn't matter where they were or how hard The Hulk hit him, he'd absorb it. 2) It was Banner who figured out that if he gave him all his power he would not be able to "Take it all". You see The Hulk calm down. This is where Banner is regaining control. Then he lets the Hulk regain control when he realizes that he needs release all The Hulk power to destroy his dad. Least that's the way I see it. :oldrazz:

Another good theory CJ, but i do think Ions' does hold water, in rock form, Hulk would have eventually pummelled David continuously, but when he was able to become water, Hulk couldnt hurt him with physical attacks.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Another good theory CJ, but i do think Ions' does hold water, in rock form, Hulk would have eventually pummelled David continuously, but when he was able to become water, Hulk couldnt hurt him with physical attacks.

True. However, it was The Hulk that chucked him into the water. His dad didn't go in the water one his own. Either way as water or rock, his dad was absorbing The Hulk power.

^True, but Hulk stopped him absorbing in rock form by pummelling him. With water he couldnt do that, so Hulk did the only thing he could to win.

God i love that scene!

Cracker Jack said:
True. However, it was The Hulk that chucked him into the water. His dad didn't go in the water one his own. Either way as water or rock, his dad was absorbing The Hulk power.
David chose where to land, and he picked to land right on the edge of the lake. In such a remote area, he had all sorts of places to choose from. Which is why I think his goal was to goad him into the lake. That's just my surmising from what the movie showed, I don't actually know factually from interviewing Lee or Schamus. So to summarise why I think that:
  1. David moves himself and Hulk to a remote area on the edge of a lake, grounding himself to the rocks on the edge of the lake
  2. Hulk is too strong for David to control by using physical matter that Hulk will just smash to bits, remember he watched Hulk jump his way through the roof of the lab. And tested Hulk by having him fight his dogs.
  3. If he was intent on fighting him, why not move to a location that better supplied him with materials that could give him a chance against Hulk? Which is what i'm saying he did.
  4. David was atleast as intelligent as Bruce, notice he went straight to those power lines and bit in, he needed to turn into electricity so he could grab Bruce and quickly travel to a safer location. For me this shows premeditation.
  5. David gave himself up after achieving his super powers, and sat in jail knowing he'd fooled Betty/General Ross into letting him see his son again. An action showing he was planning something
  6. Also note how he was able to get all that stuff to perform his experiments in his house even though he was out of jail for a few months
This tells me David was cunning. And by extension his actions were to. Unlikely it was just random he placed himself between rocks and water. The natural flow of a fight would lead there wouldn't it?
And why I thought the water thing was intentional,
scroll down to the 1st principle of Jeet Kune Do(Bruce's Lee's martial art style): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeet_Kune_Do
Would be nice to ask Lee on this point. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"