The 'I will boycott The Incredible Hulk movie if it's a man in a suit' thread.

Sava said:
awesome, loved Hellboy, Del Toro is a great director IMO

Yeah i loved HB too, cant wait for the second one it does truly sound like it will improve on the first, which is no easy feat IMO. And yes Del Toro is an awesome director.

Originally posted: Cracker Jack

Yep. One of those little annoying inconsistencies. However, the look is dead on.

Apparently they had no time to put too much attention on the pants thing. They wanted a great story of a Greek tragedy-like caliber and quite frankly Ang's HULK was the best story depicted of gods vs. titans synonymous theme,so if we'll just get over how his pants should look like and focus with the problem at hand which is the man in a suit issue,the color change from green to more greyish tone ****,and bad i mean really bad script that i'd gladly wipe my ass with it!:ghost:

Just wanted to say, "cool avy, Sava". Amy lee is definately HOT.

I don't see why the Hulk can't be totally CG now. He was done great in the first film, now ILM can do a far better version in the second. Davey Jones in Pirates was entirely CG from head to toe, He fooled alot of people. People think it's a guy with CG enhancements on him, like the tentacles on his face, he's totally CG, even his eyes are!! Check it out here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=379460&highlight=davey+jones
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/community/ilm-pirates/ilm-pirates.html
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/community/ilm-pirates/images//large3.jpg

Let's not get carried away here. A guy in a suit is perfect for close up scenes and personal interaction, whereas cgi will obviously be used for action scenes.:whatever:

zanos said:
Let's not get carried away here. A guy in a suit is perfect for close up scenes and personal interaction, whereas cgi will obviously be used for action scenes.:whatever:
Carried away? buhahahah!!! :oldrazz:

I am very interested and anxious to when we get our first looks at the Hulk for this movie.

RedIsNotBlue said:
I am very interested and anxious to when we get our first looks at the Hulk for this movie.
same here... this is still my most anticipated movie of 08

Sava said:
this is still my most anticipated movie of 08
That's why us doubters are still posting here, we want it to be kickass. If I lost interest(and actually given up) i'd be ignoring this forum like the plague(ala X-men 3 forum).
I wanna get to go see another Hulk movie and get the same sense of "wow" I got when I saw the first one. :hulk:

Ions said:
That's why us doubters are still posting here, we want it to be kickass. If I lost interest(and actually given up) i'd be ignoring this forum like the plague(ala X-men 3 forum).
I wanna get to go see another Hulk movie and get the same sense of "wow" I got when I saw the first one. :hulk:
thank you, thats exactly how i feel... i'm sure Jamon feels the same way too. i was grinning like crazy when i first saw Hulk go up against the tanks... i want that same feeling dammit!!

Ions said:

I wanna get that feel you had as well. As of today, I haven't. Well I take that back. When he picked up the gamma sphere and chucked it out the window/wall, that was pretty close to WOW. :hulk: :D

Sava said:
thank you, thats exactly how i feel... i'm sure Jamon feels the same way too. i was grinning like crazy when i first saw Hulk go up against the tanks... i want that same feeling dammit!!

Oh yes i do feel the same way believe me, thats why i ***** and moan a lot (maybe TOO much sometimes i'll admit :O) at the choices made so far. But that is only because i want this movie to be awesome.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Oh yes i do feel the same way believe me, thats why i ***** and moan a lot (maybe TOO much sometimes i'll admit :O) at the choices made so far. But that is only because i want this movie to be awesome.

So does everyone else my brother. So does eveyone else..................

Cracker Jack said:
So does everyone else my brother. So does eveyone else..................

Yeah i know that, at least we can agree on something!;)

They better keep him CGI, truthfully i don't even think the original Hulk is bad. I think the more controlled he becomes the more unrealistic it becomes. I still think this should be a sequel eventhough I do think the last 15 minutes of the first movie is the worst final fight and end of any superhero movie I've ever seen.

^I LOVED the final fight in Hulk, its one of the better one's IMO. And yes they should keep him CGI.

WeaponXProject said:
They better keep him CGI, truthfully i don't even think the original Hulk is bad. I think the more controlled he becomes the more unrealistic it becomes. I still think this should be a sequel eventhough I do think the last 15 minutes of the first movie is the worst final fight and end of any superhero movie I've ever seen.
The finale felt unwanted; like Ang was forced to do it. It really didn't fit the rest of the story.

Chris Wallace said:
The finale felt unwanted; like Ang was forced to do it. It really didn't fit the rest of the story.

I feel it did. The entire film we saw how the older Banner's legacy had destroyed his life through his raging ambition and how Bruce was born with no say in the matter with signs of the Hulk already within. We then see his father come years later for the most part devoid of the remnants of his soul that made him remotely remorseful and manipulatively activating the Hulk with the catalyst being Bruce's repressed memories of him. Then we see the motive: without Bruce's successfully stabalized abilities David would just be a highly-evolved sponge, letting abilites in through the pores and out again with the next contact with source material.

I found the father to be an excellent foil. Emotionally, he's the bogeyman from his early years who is both the caring father and power-hungry scientist. Physically, he is a raging beast as unstable in his powers as he is amongst others- we repeatedly see how the powers fit the man, how he sees himself as capable of the highest amount of growth any human can tap into in the earthly realm through his mimicry of other substances just from the moments before the epilogue. The father's role was also a good move. It allowed Ang to make a foe for his Hulk that had been seen in the comics only in flashbacks and explore the abusive and caring duality while culminating the film with his destruction as the final goal.

^Yeah totally agree with this, Bruce's rage and repressed memories are a culmination of all that his father did to ruin his life, it only fits that they have a confrontation.

Chris Wallace said:
I gotta disagree. It felt perfectly in tune with the film, it showed Bruce was in hiding. He was trying to do good. And that after 2 years he had gotten over what happened. Even if those soldiers cared to differ.
But the real clue it wasn't forced was the zoom out to reveal a distance shot of the forest. And what do you know, it looks alot like the lichen seen previously in the film(a recurring theme). Which mean's he put thought into it. It also helped show any future films weren't gonna be as moody or dark. A good way to point to sequels. And the brooding/sadness was gone with the fathers death. :hulk: :)

Ions said:
I gotta disagree. It felt perfectly in tune with the film, it showed Bruce was in hiding. He was trying to do good. And that after 2 years he had gotten over what happened. Even if those soldiers cared to differ.
But the real clue it wasn't forced was the zoom out to reveal a distance shot of the forest. And what do you know, it looks alot like the lichen seen previously in the film(a recurring theme). Which mean's he put thought into it. It also helped show any future films weren't gonna be as moody or dark. A good way to point to sequels. And the brooding/sadness was gone with the fathers death. :hulk: :)
i think Wallace is taking about the last fight

O.K i haven't been around here in a while (Been hanging on the Blade and Transformers boards mainly); so is it confirmed that we are actually getting a man in a suit for TIH?

I hated the first one, with a passion but i do agree that the cgi itself was awesome. A man in a suit would be a big, big mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"