• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Illuminati thread [spoilers]

I love Patrick Stewart as Professor X but they definitely need to move on, especially since 616 versions will all have to be the "prime" versions.

616 Earth already seems to have some kind of Illuminati council. When Widow had that scene in Endgame it was her or Cap, Danvers, Okoye, Rocket

In the Shang Chi credit scene
Danvers, Wong, Hulk

616 Strange is not the Sorcerer Supreme so he may not be allowed as a main member, but they have a council of supers it seems.
838 probably did have Stark around since he didn't need to kill himself to beat Thanos. They also some how beat Thanos while he had the gauntlet with all the stones in them. Regardless of Wanda being powerful I doubt the Illuminati had that capability. I wonder just how many heroes were around and just left after Thanos died looked like he was stabbed by his sword.

I love Patrick Stewart as Professor X but they definitely need to move on, especially since 616 versions will all have to be the "prime" versions.
I'm happy Stewart was 838 Xavier. Love him. But yes, I have zero doubt that 616 Xavier will be someone else. Same goes for 616 Black Bolt.

I'd be shocked if 616 Reed isn't Krasinski. The IMAX theater I went to on Thursday EXPLODED when Krasinski showed up. He stole the movie for me.

They will I think it was just to have him appear in an MCU movie. They can't bank on an 81yr old lasting another 10-15 years and performing.

I'm take it or leave it with Krasinski, he has the acting chops for it so its good casting as far as that goes.

They will I think it was just to have him appear in an MCU movie. They can't bank on an 81yr old lasting another 10-15 years and performing.

Dont get me wrong, I loved seeing him, but I'm excited about seeing what 616 Prof X will be like.

I'm take it or leave it with Krasinski, he has the acting chops for it so its good casting as far as that goes.
I would prefer the F4 to be a bit younger, but this movie traveled to realities but not years so I assume Reed and Sue are married with kids this whole time. Kind of weird they never got involved with Avengers which is why they should be somewhat younger.

Peter Parker and Johnny Storm were in college together so Sue and Johnny shouldn't have a huge age gap.Parker is entering college now.

Reed always seemed somewhat older than Sue but even if Sue is around 30 and Reed is older, having a slight age gap with Johhny is plausible.

Just because Peter and Johnny were in college together in the comics doesn't mean that will be the approach here. Nor really does it matter Reed's age in 838 vs 616. What created the FF may just have happened at different points in time. I don't think the FF necessarily have to be younger

What did Strange say when Reed was introduced? Something about the 60s? Couldn’t hear over the audience reaction.

What did Strange say when Reed was introduced? Something about the 60s? Couldn’t hear over the audience reaction.

I cannot remember the exact line, but I think Strange asked if the FF were a group that charted on the 60s. In other words, I think he was making fun of their name

I think
Just because Peter and Johnny were in college together in the comics doesn't mean that will be the approach here. Nor really does it matter Reed's age in 838 vs 616. What created the FF may just have happened at different points in time. I don't think the FF necessarily have to be younger

Krasinski is the perfect age for Reed in that I expect 616 Johnny to be Peter's age in No Way Home. So they can be the superhero young bucks who become good friends with Reed mentoring Johnny.

Just wanted to say I loved Black Bolt’s comic accurate costume too. Don’t really care about the Inhumans but his look was well done.

I agree. This multiverse stuff is a double edged sword at times, they have to know when to put a cap on it, and I’m hoping after this film they do that.

Just focus on the Earth 616 mainline characters now.

Just wanted to say I loved Black Bolt’s comic accurate costume too. Don’t really care about the Inhumans but his look was well done.

I agree. This multiverse stuff is a double edged sword at times, they have to know when to put a cap on it, and I’m hoping after this film they do that.

multiverse idea is fun, especially as a comic book, but in film for "saga" films just seems too much, just focus on your main timeline characters and if you wanna bring back a character you killed off then, like the comics, come up with a cool way to do it instead of plucking people from different universes.

I struggle to see how they can stretch the multiverse for like 3 phases if we use the Infinity Saga as the model. Feels like it will have worn out the welcome well before then. But we also haven't met Doom yet, and we sort of have to if Secret Wars is the end goal. So we shall see how long they wait for it

So far it’s been confusing. Did the metaverse always exist? Or did it happen when Loki and Sylvie killed He who remains?

The Infinity Saga was pretty cut and dry. Stop Thanos. This is too sprawled out.

I cannot remember the exact line, but I think Strange asked if the FF were a group that charted on the 60s. In other words, I think he was making fun of their name
I thought so. At first I thought he meant they were a superhero group from the 60s

So far it’s been confusing. Did the metaverse always exist? Or did it happen when Loki and Sylvie killed He who remains?

The Infinity Saga was pretty cut and dry. Stop Thanos. This is too sprawled out.
What came first Strange finding the one solution that would work or Loki's show adventure. Loki technically died before IWs even started and time happens way different there.

I think it will go through 2 phases at least. We don't know the main goal of these next few phases but it has still been about recovering from Thanos. Kang the Conquer was in Loki, Ant-Man 3 is suppose to deal with time along with him appearing. Dr.Strange 3 set up to deal with the incursion and events from this so that means the next phase will still have multiverse stuff. Assuming Strange 3 is early in the next phase that could end multiverse things and then the focus can be on Dr.Doom, X-Men, maybe Skrulls with Fury being up there with them.

I struggle to see how they can stretch the multiverse for like 3 phases if we use the Infinity Saga as the model. Feels like it will have worn out the welcome well before then. But we also haven't met Doom yet, and we sort of have to if Secret Wars is the end goal. So we shall see how long they wait for it
Most announced films don’t look like they are using the multiverse so hopefully those breaks from it will stop it becoming overdone. Like the Infinity Stones and Thanos, the multiverse can just be there and be occasionally used/referenced until they do a big crossover event for it.

I thought so. At first I thought he meant they were a superhero group from the 60s
It was didn't you chart in the 60s so yeah a joke on their name. It was kind of the theme of their intros because he joked about Mordo's first name then Black Bolt's name.

By charted I assume he meant like a band having a hit song in the charts (“charted” is used that way in the UK at least), as in mocking them.

Multiverses are occurring at the same time as the MCU 616 universe regardless of any direct actions of MCU characters. The Metaverse was a silly dream Mark Zuckerberg had.

I think

Krasinski is the perfect age for Reed in that I expect 616 Johnny to be Peter's age in No Way Home. So they can be the superhero young bucks who become good friends with Reed mentoring Johnny.
Reed always seemed somewhat older than Sue but even if Sue is around 30 and Reed is older, having a slight age gap with Johhny is plausible.
Yeah from what I found it seems like Reed is around 10 years possibly a few extra years more than Sue. He can be 40s with Grimm near his age, Sue 30, and Johnny 20s since I don't think Parker will be a college freshman next time we see him.

or Reed can be mid late 30s, Sue 25-28, and Johnny 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"