Rebels The Inquisitor

I have watched every episode of TCW. The idea that Filoni is a good storyteller is pushing it at best imo. He is also the king of the flawed premise.

If you're serious, I'd love to know what you think 'good' story telling is. You must have incredibly high standards to think calling Filoni a good story teller is "pushing it."

I personally wish he wasn't a force-wielder.

The character and his motivation seem great. But this was my big issue with Starkiller. The rule of goddamn two! There are already two sith. A master and an apprentice. One of the great things about post-clone wars lore is that the force is such a rare and mystical thing. To our knowledge in IV, V and VI, there are literally (arguably) as few as 4 force wielders in the entire galaxy!

Anyway, the character could be dangerous as a non force-wielding commander/assassin/soldier. But he should be cool nonetheless.

I hope this means we might see Ahsoka... as an adult grey jedi and perhaps a conclusion to her story.

I personally wish he wasn't a force-wielder.

The character and his motivation seem great. But this was my big issue with Starkiller. The rule of goddamn two! There are already two sith. A master and an apprentice. One of the great things about post-clone wars lore is that the force is such a rare and mystical thing. To our knowledge in IV, V and VI, there are literally (arguably) as few as 4 force wielders in the entire galaxy!

Anyway, the character could be dangerous as a non force-wielding commander/assassin/soldier. But he should be cool nonetheless.

I hope this means we might see Ahsoka... as an adult grey jedi and perhaps a conclusion to her story.

Just a comment on the rule of two; the Sith are always trying to double-cross one each other, for example the apprentice getting his very own apprentice in order to take down the master, thus making the first apprentice the new master.
That was the deal with Starkiller, Vader denies it tough once the Emperor finds out about it.

Just a comment on the rule of two; the Sith are always trying to double-cross one each other, for example the apprentice getting his very own apprentice in order to take down the master, thus making the first apprentice the new master.
That was the deal with Starkiller, Vader denies it tough once the Emperor finds out about it.

Right. Similarly, Maul and Savage. I agree. And I'm on board with the idea of The Inquisitor. I just thought it wasn't necessary for him to be Sith.

Yes I agree with him not having to be a sith, it has been shown that you can still kill jedi/sith even if you are not one yourself.

Looking good! But I really don't like his name, what are we in the Spanish Inquisition?! ;)

The rule of two is "flexible." Not all Sith adhere to it, in fact a lot don't.

Besides, I won't be too surprised if Palpatine is grooming Inq to replace Vader. Or if Vader is grooming Inq to help him overthrow Palps.

I think that the latter is more likely.

I just realized that Inq is a composite of Sam Witwer's three Star Wars characters, between the visual design (Son), double-bladed lightsaber (Maul), and being sent by Vader to kill Jedi (Starkiller).

The Inquisitor is just the latest addition to a corps of dark Jedi Imperial Inquisitors that have been present since the 80s rpg. The Corscant Nights novels had an Inquisitor as the main antagonist.

The design feels really uninspired, like its been done a number of times in Star Wars video games. It would have been nice to have a villain who felt as fresh as Darth Maul was compared to Darth Vader, or Cad Bane was to Boba Fett.

I'm also not a fan of having too many force users in a time where most of them should be extinct.

The Inquisitor saves Darth Vader from becoming the 2. TV General Grievous.

The Inquisitor saves Darth Vader from becoming the 2. TV General Grievous.

:doh:

God they screwed that up! HE WAS SO COOL IN THE ORIGINAL SERIES! If they do Vader like that, where he's just a total bad ass that serves as an automatic trump card for the Empire, cold, calculating, and highly successful then everyone will be more than happy.

I think that the latter is more likely.

I'd be satisfied if the Inquisitor was the replacement for Starkiller. Also I really hope they forego the stupid Rebellion origin story from the video game as well. You have to stop and think about how many rebellions and coues happen in our world of several billion individuals, imagine an entire galaxy with well over hundreds of trillions. To say that the only reason the Rebelion got started was because of the Emperor's miss calculation instead of because of natural resentment to oppression it just makes the Star Wars universe far too small.

On a side note if the Inquisitor is Vaders secret apprentice, I'd love to see an arc that humanizes him when he sees Vader try to replace him with Asoka.

A few days old but hey ho...

STAR WARS REBELS INQUISITOR ACTION FIGURE REVEAL - EXCLUSIVE!

The Inquisitor, the Empire's Jedi hunter and a major new villain in the highly anticipated Star Wars Rebels animated series, was unveiled by Lucasfilm at this year's New York Comic Con. Today, StarWars.com is excited to present the official reveal for the character's first ever 3.75-inch action figure from Hasbro

yyfsc44.jpg

ynSbGFG.jpg

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-rebels-inquisitor-action-figure-reveal.html

I look forward to seeing him in action :cwink: :woot:

Badass. :up:

Do we know who's doing the voice yet?

Looking at that pic I'm more excited to see the Stormtroopers back in action over some generic new darksider.

Looking at that pic I'm more excited to see the Stormtroopers back in action over some generic new darksider.
There is something about their helmets that is throwing me off, but yeah excited to see their return.

The big question is if they will now be able to shoot straight. If we will get Stormtroopers more akin to Clone Troopers, or at least ESB levels.

Badass. :up:

Do we know who's doing the voice yet?

Nothing confirmed yet but IMDB has quite a few impressive (rumoured) names listed like Tim Curry, Billy Dee Williams, David Oyelowo and then there's... Freddie Prinze Jr.!

One thing that excites me the most about Rebels is how (at least what I've been hearing) this will be more of a continuous story, following the main's all the time. And not being as episodic as TCW. Though it worked for TCW mainly because it was a galaxy wide war and we saw all sides of it, I'm excited to see kinda more one continuous story of a series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"