The Invisible Man!

$20 / 1 = $20
$20 / 2 = $10
$20 / 3 = $6.67
$20 / 4 = $5
$20 / 5 = $4

$9.37 NATO national ticket price average (4th quarter 2019)
$5.00 ticket Tuesday at some theater chains

The more people you got watching the better the value is. Acceptable for family get togethers but a harder ask for an individual. I think they should price non-family movies differently (lower).

I was just about to rent this until I saw the $20 price tag to rent it. Not sure if I can justify spending $20 on a movie "ticket" that doesnt include popcorn and a drink.

The thing is, this movie already made a killing at the box office. They could at least adjust the price for this unique virus situation given that people will be watching their wallets since they have to stay at home and not work...

The thing is, this movie already made a killing at the box office. They could at least adjust the price for this unique virus situation given that people will be watching their wallets since they have to stay at home and not work...

Why should they? The movie is still within its theatrical window. Just wait a couple of months and it'll be down to its normal home video price. I'm sure people have plenty of other movies and series to watch in the meantime.

Why should they? The movie is still within its theatrical window. Just wait a couple of months and it'll be down to its normal home video price. I'm sure people have plenty of other movies and series to watch in the meantime.

Well I’m just trying to understand the pricing logic from a business perspective.

It's an emergency substitute for the theater run, for whoever is impatient, doesn't want to wait for the home release and is willing to spend the money.

Everyone else, just wait for the home video release and window. It's that easy. Let's not be entitled.

By May/June it'll be available as regular home release, with standard prices.

Last edited:
Yeah having already seen this in the cinema don't blame them for putting it full price to rent, the movie has made a great profit already but plenty won't have gotten to the cinema to see it.

Last edited:
Was going to see this a day before they closed the cinemas down, and regretting I didn’t take the chance when I had it. Don’t really want to pay a $20 rental price.

Not really sure what to make of this to be honest. Kind of split as to what I liked and what I didn't.

:confused:

Saw it last night, I love a film that succesfully puts a fresh twist on an old concept, and I felt for the most part they nailed the execution of this new take on H. G. Wells classic story.

The slow burn build was filled with atmosphere and I loved the part where she went into his evil Tony Stark lab and found the suit, I also think the entire sequence at the mental wing of the prison was some of the best stuff I've seen in any film for a while, from the shot selection to the editing, it was gripping.

The ending was a bit anticlimactic and felt rushed, especially given the time needed to do what Cecilia did, but for the most part this was a really well crafted thriller that got new tricks out of an old dog.

8/10

It was OK but The Invisible Man's Wife would have been a more accurate title as it focuses entirely on her.

I liked this, and Leigh Wannell directs the hell out of certain sequences, but at the same time I thought it didn't work as much as they (and I) would have liked it to. The script could have needed a little more character work. That includes the protagonist,
who was really well played by Elisabeth Moss, but somehow lacking from a writing standpoint (which in my opinion became most evident in the finale, but maybe I took the last shot way too literally).
Still a good movie, but not as good as Upgrade.

7/10

Not really sure what to make of this to be honest. Kind of split as to what I liked and what I didn't.

:confused:

I think what I liked about it was Elizabeth Moss' performance, and some sequences, setups were really creepy or inspired. I mean the idea that your abuser, tormentor is alive and you can't see him at all and he could be spying on you or surprise you and hurt you at any moment. I think those are really primal fears that Leigh Whannell tapped into.

IMHO like that scene where you see the knife suddenly disappear and then the stove gets set on fire. That was well done IMO.

The rest of the script wasn't very well thought out or written IMO. I mean she found his phone at some point. His phone was evidence.

The rest of the script wasn't very well thought out or written IMO. I mean she found his phone at some point. His phone was evidence.

I liked the movie, but I thought it would've worked better if it wasn't called "The Invisible Man." You already know it's not all in her mind, or maybe there's a ghost or something... you know what's really happening

I have no problem with it being called The Invisible Man, and actually think it is a smart and effective reinvention. What I thought was lacking would have required small touch ups of the characters and dialogue. Just to reinforce what's already there, without changing anything. It's still a very good movie, just not as satisfying and "polished" (for lack of a better term, even though it's not precisely what I mean) than Upgrade.

Glad to say this stands up to a repeat viewing. Whannell is certainly going places and Elizabeth Moss would deserve an Oscar nomination in any year let alone this one.

Wonder where they would take this but I absolutely loved the first one. I can see them getting creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"