Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
No different than [BLACKOUT]Extremis soldiers breathing fire.[/BLACKOUT]

There's a pretty detailed bio explanation for that..lol or movie science as i like to call it. Its just the idea of rings from dragon alien ships that seems overtly silly, even for a movie like this. But thats just me.

T"Challa;25676895 said:
There's a pretty detailed bio explanation for that..lol or movie science as i like to call it. Its just the idea of rings from dragon alien ships that seems overtly silly, even for a movie like this. But thats just me.

I understand. They don't have to be alien, though. A scientific explanation could be given to why the rings can create fire and ice. As well as the other things they can do. Not like it matters now, but yeah. :csad:

T"Challa;25676895 said:

Like Alien whales flying around NYC along side the Chitauri?

I see no problem of using an alien source since the MCU has already established the reality of alien worlds.

Yeah, I don't get the alien hate. It's true that they're used too often to introduce tech, but it's also true that there's better than even odds we have other life in the universe. Might as well write about it.

Not that it matters, but I think MCU Stark's age is 44. Anyone know for sure?

One thing I wanted some to think about, is I keep seeing this "Mandarin fan club" comment over and over again, as if you need to be a super mandarin fan to not want his character changed. I would say that some people who are Iron Man fans in general would not want the Mandarin's character changed, not because they are necessarily fans of the Mandarin, but because they are fans of Iron Man, and they realize how much of an effect he has had on Iron man's life and development in the comic world. I'm a moderate Ironman fan, I dropped off when they made him a drunk. I am a huge Cap fan though, and I think if they changed the entire character of Skull, or Zemo, or Strucker, or Cross Bones, or any other villian, to a [BLACKOUT]non powered character and just a facade[/BLACKOUT], then I probably will not be happy with that change, even if it fits well with the story. Even as a moderate fan, I'm not happy with the change. From what I've read from comic fan's who seen it already, is that [BLACKOUT]the Mandarin being a silly drunk appears to be just a trick, because the real mandarin is just that good. [/BLACKOUT]

I like everything I've seen about him so far, but I do agree that a Mandarin with the rings would be cooler as long as they executed it well. It would just be a lot harder to execute well. Do we know if all the extremis soldiers have the same powers? If not, they could be a cool twist on his rings. Each soldier having one of the powers and basically being his tool.

can't people wait to watch the actual movie to judge the whole Mandarin situation? You may not like the idea right now but once you see the film maybe it's executed so flawlessly and works so well that you turn out loving what they did with the Mandarin persona. And if you still feel bitter after watching then please be my guest about voicing your opinion of disdain here.

can't people wait to watch the actual movie to judge the whole Mandarin situation? You may not like the idea right now but once you see the film maybe it's executed so flawlessly and works so well that you turn out loving what they did with the Mandarin persona. And if you still feel bitter after watching then please be my guest about voicing your opinion of disdain here.

sir-ben-kingsley-george-melies-hugo-trailer.jpg

I know I'm jumping into this quite late, but I think you're not quite understanding the disappointment. I'm sure I'm going to love the Mandarin, and I'm sure he'll work on in the context in the movie. However, this is the only interpretation of him we're going to get on film for a LONG time. No matter how much I love this version, I'll always wish I could see Iron Man fight Mandarin + rings on film.

Just because it works in the movie doesn't mean I wouldn't rather see a take closer to the comics.

Don't expect any good to come out of what you're asking. :o

tumblr_m0qkphhbrT1qili3vo1_r1_500.gif

Listen buddy, this is an internet forum. Our only purpose is to discuss our feelings, thoughts and opinions on everything. That includes, yes, judging something based on the information we've heard.

If it turns out to be good? Hooray then!

Until then? Why can't we express how we think it's a crap idea or not? IMO, the twist is absolutely lame.

Listen buddy, this is an internet forum. Our only purpose is to discuss our feelings, thoughts and opinions on everything. That includes, yes, judging something based on the information we've heard.

Until then? Why can't we express how we think it's a crap idea or not? IMO, the twist is absolutely lame.

Welcome to the Hype. I couldn't agree more.

Would someone like to PM me a description of the post credit scene from IM3? It's been taken down everywhere. Please.

One thing I wanted some to think about, is I keep seeing this "Mandarin fan club" comment over and over again, as if you need to be a super mandarin fan to not want his character changed. I would say that some people who are Iron Man fans in general would not want the Mandarin's character changed, not because they are necessarily fans of the Mandarin, but because they are fans of Iron Man, and they realize how much of an effect he has had on Iron man's life and development in the comic world. I'm a moderate Ironman fan, I dropped off when they made him a drunk. I am a huge Cap fan though, and I think if they changed the entire character of Skull, or Zemo, or Strucker, or Cross Bones, or any other villian, to a [BLACKOUT]non powered character and just a facade[/BLACKOUT],

neither zemo or cross bones have powers.

I know I'm jumping into this quite late, but I think you're not quite understanding the disappointment. I'm sure I'm going to love the Mandarin, and I'm sure he'll work on in the context in the movie. However, this is the only interpretation of him we're going to get on film for a LONG time. No matter how much I love this version, I'll always wish I could see Iron Man fight Mandarin + rings on film.

Just because it works in the movie doesn't mean I wouldn't rather see a take closer to the comics.

Thank you for being very professional in your response and not snotty and rude like Katara. I also would have loved to see Mandy w/ his rings in full glory vs Tony in an epic showdown in the finale of what looks to be Iron Man's final arc of movie for now, but since that doesn't look like it is going to happen yet so I'm just accepting the facts and looking forward to what's being given to me.

Don't expect any good to come out of what you're asking. :o

eh, some people are too stuck in their ways. Like I said I wouldn't have pushed for this route of Mandy from the get go, but since it's what we're getting and the entire use of him seems to be almost unanimously well received I'm not worried. Plus I find it hard to believe we won't see a Mandarin in all his glory eventually.

Yeah, I understand it sucks you aren't getting what in your mind you think should be portrayed, but from the beginning on the Iron Man franchise they did not want to use Mandarin. I'm personally looking forward to this new spin on Mandarin, because even if he is essentially a [BLACKOUT]decoy[/BLACKOUT] in this film I'm not ruling out his return with powered rings and all his other bells and whistles in the future.

You've got to remember that at least 80% of the entire audience isn't going to know who Mandarin is within the context of Iron Man's legacy these films aren't just solely about pleasing the fans of the comics over the past 50-60 years, they're about reaching out to new audiences. using the Mandarin in any of his comic persona's wouldn't have related well into the film world and Marvel made the changes they seemed fitting to appeal this character to everyone world wide.

So yeah, many here might not like what they've done to the 'best' villain in Iron Man's lame rouge gallery and you and anyone else is entitled to voice your disdain. But to discount the movie itself, the plot, the characters, or even the twist, without seeing the film itself first is insane.

I find it strange that more people are upset by the twist, but I rarely hear anything about [blackout] Tony essentially giving up Iron Man and having the ARC reactor removed[/blackout] because that could directly effect future Marvel films.

I find it strange that more people are upset by the twist, but I rarely hear anything about [blackout] Tony essentially giving up Iron Man and having the ARC reactor removed[/blackout] because that could directly effect future Marvel films.

Honestly, [BLACKOUT]I fully expect Stark back for TA2. But I didn't know that he gave up being Iron Man by the end of this movie. Could you elaborate on that, please?[/BLACKOUT]

I haven't seen the film, so maybe others can confirm, but what I've heard described is
Tony has the ARC reactor and the shrapnel removed from his heart by the mysterious Dr Wu. I believe the scene in the trailer of the suits exploding is not the Mandarin blowing up Tony's house but Tony self destructing all the suits in the hall of armor. He does this to rid himself of his obsession to try and improve his suits, and to spend more time with Pepper. He throws his ARC reactor into the sea. The ending credits say "Tony Stark will return" not Iron Man

If it serves Tony's development, I'm fine. Besides, it would give
another Avenger the chance to step into the lead spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"