Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing this will be the New suit for the money and they will save Extremis for Avengers 2

it is confirmed that there are multiple armors and the footage shown at comic con is an early version of extremis....
like in the motion comic tony is just attaching electrical signals in this forearm to suit up and then later using this tech and extremis together to form the final armor

Is there any word on when we can expect that trailer to hit the net?

But I just doubt they'd have the military blow-up Stark's house like it was nothing. That just seems really heavy-handed to deal with Stark, who seems to be fairly well-liked by the public. Imagine the s***-storm the government would be in if they blew up a private citizen's house into the ocean. I'd think after the incidents from The Avengers, the government would actually ease up a bit on Stark, except for maybe that Senator who wanted a hero registration.

Ever hear of Waco, or Ruby Ridge.....?

If the US government chooses to make Tony Stark an enemy of the state (regardless of the actual truth of such a description), they wouldn't hesitate to call down artillery on his ass...ets.

"Posse comitatus" in U.S. law is usually translated as "toilet paper."

Is there any word on when we can expect that trailer to hit the net?

at first i thought it would be around December 2012 (considering that IM2 trailer came out December 2009) but learning that the comic con footage had a trailer format, i am thinking late october to early november...

Ever hear of Waco, or Ruby Ridge.....?

If the US government chooses to make Tony Stark an enemy of the state (regardless of the actual truth of such a description), they wouldn't hesitate to call down artillery on his ass...ets.

"Posse comitatus" in U.S. law is usually translated as "toilet paper."
While it could very well be military helicopters, I just feel it's more likely the Mandarin and his forces doing it, based mainly on the description of the scene making it seem like the Mandarin would do everything he could to silence Stark:
The final big set piece was when a bunch of helicopters with rocket launchers come and destroy Tony's giant house, causing it to tumble into the sea. Tony gets into the Iron Man armor in time, but Pepper Potts is also caught in the disaster. And Tony watches all his spare Iron Man suits blowing up one by one. Tony is flung out into the water and carried down by the undertow. Over this, the voice of the Mandarin says, "Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: Heroes. There is no such thing. As you cry out for mercy, you will be silenced."

I would think The Hobbit would be a good target for theatrical release. If the trailer is ready, Skyfall might be a nice option too.

I would think The Hobbit would be a good target for theatrical release. If the trailer is ready, Skyfall might be a nice option too.
With that movie coming out in mid-December, that's probably about where I'd expect the first IM trailer to come out. I seem to remember trailers for the previous IM movies coming out around that time.

Can't wait to see the comic-con footage, I hope Marvel release it ASAP :D

While it could very well be military helicopters, I just feel it's more likely the Mandarin and his forces doing it, based mainly on the description of the scene making it seem like the Mandarin would do everything he could to silence Stark:

Could be, but I'm going with the premise that Tony will be alone for a good portion of this movie. Based on Black's comments about getting Tony back to the cave, back to where he has to rely on himself instead of others. If it was simply a matter of Mandarin hurling a mercenary army at Avenger Iron Man, The World's Most Favoritest Supahh-Hero and all that jazz, I don't see how Tony would wind up being alone in his battle; he'd have lots of buddies to help him out against that mean ol' Mandarin. I'm more inclined to believe Tony becomes an outcast and outlaw, and has to win back his reputation and standing.

Could be, but I'm going with the premise that Tony will be alone for a good portion of this movie. Based on Black's comments about getting Tony back to the cave, back to where he has to rely on himself instead of others. If it was simply a matter of Mandarin hurling a mercenary army at Avenger Iron Man, The World's Most Favoritest Supahh-Hero and all that jazz, I don't see how Tony would wind up being alone in his battle; he'd have lots of buddies to help him out against that mean ol' Mandarin. I'm more inclined to believe Tony becomes an outcast and outlaw, and has to win back his reputation and standing.
I'm more into the thought that maybe the Mandarin starts to sabotage Stark and Stark Industries to make him have a falling out with all those close to him, leaving him and his reputation in tatters.

I just wish marvel releases a official pic of Kingsley as mandarin

How come no-one was suspended directly over that woman with the short skirt who has her legs in the air? :woot:

I really hope Gweneth doesn't suit up in this movie....

side note, I know it can't be posted on here.... but did the footage from comic con make it onto the webs? Also, what about ant man footage?

http://latino-review.com/2012/07/17/set-pics-iron-man-3-ariel-stunt-means/http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/...=ENTERTAINMENT09&Lopenr=716009995&Ref=PH&pl=1

I think this movie is going to be rated R, because if those people Iron Man is holding are supposed to be holding the other ones up, they are going to get their arms ripped off. :whatever: :woot:

According to latinoreview, these people are being saved from Air Force One chrashing.

I am so curious as to what the heck is going on in this scene.

I'm more into the thought that maybe the Mandarin starts to sabotage Stark and Stark Industries to make him have a falling out with all those close to him, leaving him and his reputation in tatters.

Agreed; but what better way to do that than to turn his own country against him?

Agreed; but what better way to do that than to turn his own country against him?
That's what Vanko was trying to do in Iron Man 2, and it did cause people to start doubting him. If that escalates to fully outlawing Iron Man in IM3 and they tie Vanko's efforts in with The Mandarin, that would be hot.

That's what Vanko was trying to do in Iron Man 2, and it did cause people to start doubting him. If that escalates to fully outlawing Iron Man in IM3 and they tie Vanko's efforts in with The Mandarin, that would be hot.

i think it would be quite difficult to destroy tony's reputation since he was the one who send the nuke to end the war in the avengers and gained widespread recognition..
But i was thinkin like Mandarin makes everyone believe Tony is dead and break the hopes of the people or something like that...

I expect we'll get a teaser around October or so, with a real one close to the end of December/early January. Just a guess, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"