The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

U.S. officials claimed they had no advance knowledge or involvement in Israel’s strike against Iran’s embassy. (April 2)

AJABreaking (Al Jazeera): “Today, according to sources: US President Joe Biden urged Israel not to respond to the Iranian attack”

Scoop: Biden told Bibi U.S. won't support an Israeli counterattack on Iran

Israel mulls response to unprecedented Iranian attack as West urges Netanyahu to avert all-out war​

Israel has had elections in 2019, 2019 (again), 2020, 2021, and 2022. Totally dysfunctional, which can be argued to be an inevitable outcome of it's dysfunctional status as a settler colonial garrison state backed by decaying powers (US, UK) and with significant internal problems.

Netanyahu lost power, and then regained it by aligning with idiot nationalists like the Jewish Power Party (Otzama Yehudit). If he gives up power he probably goes to jail. But to maintain power he has to appeal the far, far right elements in his coalition, who are stupid as well as evil.

People like Itamar Ben Gvir and Amichai Eliyahu should never be allowed in any government, but they hold the balance of power on Israel.

I think it's more that their support for the endeavor is not unconditional.

Palestinian statehood isn't being agreed to before and without security guarantees to Israel (i.e. Palestinians agree hunt down Palestinian terrorists, stop the rocket attackers, etc.)

I think it's more that their support for the endeavor is not unconditional.

Palestinian statehood isn't being agreed to before and without security guarantees to Israel (i.e. Palestinians agree hunt down Palestinian terrorists, stop the rocket attackers, etc.)
This sounds more reasonable.

Realities like this are why people like myself have abandoned mass corporate Western media. They're effectively misinformation machines promoting the interests of our oligarchy (Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Larry Fink, etc), and their "journalists" are just stenographers.

If you want to know what to signal for social climbing purposes, read CNN / Washington Post / BBC / Fox News / etc.

If you want to actually understand anything, read smaller / independent Western media, or news sources from the global majority.

Israel's finance minister, Bezalel Smotrich, is both stupid and evil, and should not be allowed in any position of authority.

Israel's finance minister, Bezalel Smotrich, is both stupid and evil, and should not be allowed in any position of authority.

Yeah, Greater Isreal isn't going to happen anytime soon......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"