The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

1) Easy to say when it's somebody else.

2) The marches don't do anything by themselves.
1) No bro, easy to say when it me. I'd rather die than kill innocent women and children of any race. I would hope most people feel the same.

2) I dunno. Once public support for a war reaches a certain low point you need too much political capital to continue. That's assuming the warring aggressor is a democracy.

1) No bro, easy to say when it me. I'd rather die than kill innocent women and children of any race. I would hope most people feel the same.

2) I dunno. Once public support for a war reaches a certain low point you need too much political capital to continue. That's assuming the warring aggressor is a democracy.
1) You have not been in a situation.

2) Israel's not a democracy.

Welp, it would seem things have escalated.

Frankly, the advanced warning Iran itself was giving is a good sign. They sort of had to respond to Israel attacking one of their embassies. That they announced the attack coming from Iran, having to go through a few different country's airspaces before they hit is not exactly a full out attack.

Sadly, it does put into the spotlight why US is never going to stop military support of Israel.

Biden is smart enough not to drag us back into the Middle East during an election year. If it was Trump, well, I'm sure some of his puppet masters would love that. Not sure what Bibi is going to do. He has wanted us to go to war with Iran for a long time.

Netanyahu basically bull****ted the U.S. into war with Iraq. Guy is just a historic ghoul.

Video of Mr. Netanyahu’s 2002 remarks — in which he said “I think the choice of Iraq is a good choice, it’s the right choice” — reveals that he linked his strong support for a United States invasion of Iraq to topple Saddam Hussein with the possibility of inspiring the implosion of the ruling theocracy in neighboring Iran.

Trump would let Iran annihilate Isreal if his promise not to involve ourselves in others' war is true. Either that or he would outright bomb Iran and kickoff World War III.

Iran didn't have a choice but to re-establish deterrence, but it's not clear if they hit anything meaningful. Perhaps that's deliberate to try and avoid a larger war.

Netanyahu is the only protagonist here that wants a wider war.

Iran didn't have a choice but to re-establish deterrence, but it's not clear if they hit anything meaningful. Perhaps that's deliberate to try and avoid a larger war.

Netanyahu is the only protagonist here that wants a wider war.
CNN is reporting any real damage so maybe you're right.

WWIII has been going on for years through unconventional means if you ask me.
History is continuous and our labels are arbitrary. For example the statement that WW2 started on September 1st, 1939 is arbitrary.

But pedantry aside, I take your point. I hope I'm wrong, but I do think we're in the lead up to a large war.

Frankly, the advanced warning Iran itself was giving is a good sign. They sort of had to respond to Israel attacking one of their embassies. That they announced the attack coming from Iran, having to go through a few different country's airspaces before they hit is not exactly a full out attack.

Sadly, it does put into the spotlight why US is never going to stop military support of Israel.

Biden is smart enough not to drag us back into the Middle East during an election year. If it was Trump, well, I'm sure some of his puppet masters would love that. Not sure what Bibi is going to do. He has wanted us to go to war with Iran for a long time.
I think that's exactly right. They had to do something, but don't want to get dragged into a regional conflict. Israel seems like the one who's trying to escalate. This one is squarely on Netanyahu and his fellow war mongers.

Can we please go back to talking about superheroes?
I'd sure like to.......I freaking despise Netanyahu and if I'm the US, I promise Israel a LOT to get rid of that murderous crook and put him in jail where he belongs.

U.S. officials claimed they had no advance knowledge or involvement in Israel’s strike against Iran’s embassy. (April 2)

AJABreaking (Al Jazeera): “Today, according to sources: US President Joe Biden urged Israel not to respond to the Iranian attack”

President Joe Biden has privately expressed concern that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to drag the U.S. more deeply into a broader conflict, according to three people familiar with his comments.
U.S. officials have privately expressed frustration with Israel’s decision to strike the Iranian consular building in Syria on April 1, saying Israeli leaders did not think through the timing and implications of the attack, including how it might affect negotiations over the release of hostages held by Hamas.

“I don’t think they had a strategy,” the senior administration official said. “The Israelis don’t always make the best strategic decisions.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"