The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

Despite my criticisms of Biden, and my own belief that since I live in a solid blue state my vote ultimately is pointless, I recognize that the Biden vote is the harm reduction vote. If Biden lets Israel drag us into a war with Iran, I will go out of my way to convince people not to vote at all in November.

Despite my criticisms of Biden, and my own belief that since I live in a solid blue state my vote ultimately is pointless, I recognize that the Biden vote is the harm reduction vote. If Biden lets Israel drag us into a war with Iran, I will go out of my way to convince people not to vote at all in November.

Well, crap. Isreal wants to start WW3.

How will that help anything. If the conflict does spread surely it would be better to have Biden running things rather than Trump?

How will that help anything. If the conflict does spread surely it would be better to have Biden running things rather than Trump?
I think so. Trump will send nukes and make it ten times worse.

If Biden does let Israel drag us into another war in the Middle-East, and put even more fire on a powder keg that could plummet the world into a third global war, what kind of meaningful escalation would be left?

Also sounds like they attacked Syria and Iraq as well. This could very likely get bad.

I do think that there is no way Biden is sending troops. So that concern is not a big one.

Also sounds like they attacked Syria and Iraq as well. This could very likely get bad.

I do think that there is no way Biden is sending troops. So that concern is not a big one.
Not sure what these missile exchanges are supposed to accomplish. Neither side is going to back down. :(

It shows how little our votes mean in certain circumstances. If Trump is elected, then what.....

To me, this S*** is on Israel and I would cut them loose. I hope the people of Israel drag Netanyahu out of office, like, tomorrow. This man is doing his best to blow up the powder keg that is the Middle East to save his own ass.

It shows how little our votes mean in certain circumstances. If Trump is elected, then what.....

To me, this S*** is on Israel and I would cut them loose. I hope the people of Israel drag Netanyahu out of office, like, tomorrow. This man is doing his best to blow up the powder keg that is the Middle East to save his own ass.
I feel the same way,but I doubt it will happen. Or not anytime soon anyhow. :(

“An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.”

Even more so when we’re talking about state-ordered military revenge by both sides.

On rare occasions, my frustration just boils over and I make rash statements. If we don't continue with diplomacy, it's likely to get worse. I still hope Netanyahu gets 86ed asap, but that's gonna have to be an internal Israeli thing. That guy is a menace and a cancer on the world.

Well, the good news is Iran is downplaying the attack, even calling into question whether it was actually Israel.

Well, the good news is Iran is downplaying the attack, even calling into question whether it was actually Israel.

It's annoying, but probably for the best that we the public don't know what happened.

A summary:

The US immediately said Israel was responsible, Israel denied, Iran questioned it.

Israeli ballistic rocket remnants, likely of the booster stage, were found in Iraq.

Iran says they shot down a few quadcopters.

Israel's crazy security monster Ben Gvir called the counterattack feeble.

So no idea, really. Perhaps Israel fired ballistic missiles but they were all shot down by Iranian air defense, or perhaps Israel made a weak attack just to prove Iranian air defense. Or something else.

MSNBC said it was a weapons depo so it's possible it was a legit accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"