The Legend of Zelda + Uwe Boll as Director= OH ****!!!

5 films is just pushing i doubt the franchise is as big as people are making out to be. and the games don't carry out much of a storyline anymore nor are the characters given any depth. this franchise is'nt like harry potter nor do i thinkits as big as harry potter.

yea it is definately pushing it....im just stating how i would want Zelda movie(s) done...a single movie would turn into another 'Eragon', and i dont want to see that happen to Zelda.

yea it is definately pushing it....im just stating how i would want Zelda movie(s) done...a single movie would turn into another 'Eragon', and i dont want to see that happen to Zelda.

how would making it a single stand alone movie make the story necessarily bad?

and forcing it into a trilogy doesn't immediately make it good either. just look at the prequels.

It's time for a Zelda movie. It's been time.

how would making it a single stand alone movie make the story necessarily bad?

and forcing it into a trilogy doesn't immediately make it good either. just look at the prequels.

well yea your right...i just dont want another eragon movie on our hands. Eragon is a great book that woulda made a great movie...but sadly it was crap...and if i was to see a zelda movie, i would want it done like LOTR. Eragon should have also been done like LOTR, 3 books 3 movies...even though Book 3 of Inheritance hasnt been released yet.

well yea your right...i just dont want another eragon movie on our hands. Eragon is a great book that woulda made a great movie...but sadly it was crap...and if i was to see a zelda movie, i would want it done like LOTR. Eragon should have also been done like LOTR, 3 books 3 movies...even though Book 3 of Inheritance hasnt been released yet.

yeah but Legend of Zelda doesn't really have THAT much material to span three whole movies. awesome as they are, the games have some very different elements, but at the end of the day it all boils down to Link vs. Ganon fighting for the Tri-Force.

you could easily get an awesome three hour movie out of the plot, but more than that it'd just get repetitive and drawn out. I can definitely see them milking the s#!t out of this franchise by trying to make a trilogy with each movie having the characters find a single piece of the Tri-Force. but that'd be pretty stupid if you ask me.

in this day and age of franchise/trilogy minded studios, I think it'd make the Zelda name all the more "pure" (for lack of a better word) and original by having a stand alone movie and escaping the business mentality of the movie studios.

then again, I know I'm being naive. they'd definitely pimp the s#!t out of this like it's the new Harry Potter. all I can do is hope that if this does see the light of day, it doesn't go through Fox's dirty little fingers.

i see what your saying...but the only reason im so against a single movie, again, Eragon...i dont need to say much more... but i dont feel that they would have to follow the games...the basic story could make for 3-5 movies that people would see. just the OOT fans alone would make this a decent franchise. i think it all depends on Gannondorf...if there is a good actor who does a fantastic job of portraying him, it would work IMO. then again, theres been many videogame to movie failures...see Mario, and MK:annihilation.

i see what your saying...but the only reason im so against a single movie, again, Eragon...i dont need to say much more... but i dont feel that they would have to follow the games...the basic story could make for 3-5 movies that people would see. just the OOT fans alone would make this a decent franchise. i think it all depends on Gannondorf...if there is a good actor who does a fantastic job of portraying him, it would work IMO. then again, theres been many videogame to movie failures...see Mario, and MK:annihilation.

hell, if anything, Eragon is the defining reason for NOT making it a trilogy. they tried to make it the set up for a trilogy, with an open ending to give way and everything, and it didn't do well enough to warrant a sequel (ie it tanked). now you're just stuck with a derivative and awful movie that won't ever get a true ending.

now, imagine if the same thing happens to Zelda. they plan a trilogy. they write the first movie open endedly. contrary to Eragon, it turns out awesome, but since some audiences are just too dumb to notice a good movie, it tanks at the box office. so we get stuck with a movie we DO want to see the ending to, but will never have the chance. me, I'd be f***in pissed.

now, the actor playing Ganondorf is a pretty important part, but if Eragon showed you anything is that just getting good actors isn't enough. it wasted the talents of Jeremy Irons (though he's been pretty terrible everywhere), John Malkovich and Robert Carlysle with an inane script and unexisting direction.

and I don't think it's the OOT fans they should try to grab. if they start Link as a child, I think they'll have a MUCH bigger chance of grabbing the Harry Potter crowds, specially now that they're just ACHING for some new franchise.

EDIT: oops, just now I realised OOT meant Ocarina of Time. I was thinking of old school Star Wars fans of the Original Original Trilogy. yeah, doesn't make much sense, I know. :p

Can't and wont argue with JackBauer...great points. i was simply saying how i think it should be done...and wouldnt go and see it any other way...rent it..yea...spend 9$ to see on the big screen...not a chance.

They should just do OOT, and MM into one film.

Majoras Mask was a joke. there was 4 temples. the game was only made to keep Zelda fans busy, and because they saw OOT's success and figured they would try and make more money off it.

I like Majora. Zoras are the best and I hope they are in the movie.

I don't see how Uwe Boll could even be allowed anywhere near this. For one, he's only directed movie adaptations of one-hit wonder games, nothing like Zelda. He'd never be an option anyway. It makes sense that Nintendo would be handling the Zelda movie themselves. With such a precious franchise (unlike House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, BloodRayne), this would be a smart idea.

The closest I could see Uwe Boll to MISdirect some kind of exclusive Nintendo game adaptation might be something like Eternal Darkness...

-TNC

This will not be relesed before 2010. Hopefully we get an epic movie.

WOW will play a makor role if indeed we get a Zelda movie.

A Zelda movie may not be able to be done right. It's just something about a young elf boy in that short suit and playing his ocarina that simply screams unintentionally hilarious if adapted to the screen. That, and the gameplay is too open ended to really work in a movie. Sure, all of the dungeons and areas are varied and are a blast to play, but a movie about Link going to different dungeons wouldn't really work. Now, an animated mini-series done seriously, thats a totally different story.

A Zelda movie may not be able to be done right. It's just something about a young elf boy in that short suit and playing his ocarina that simply screams unintentionally hilarious if adapted to the screen. That, and the gameplay is too open ended to really work in a movie. Sure, all of the dungeons and areas are varied and are a blast to play, but a movie about Link going to different dungeons wouldn't really work. Now, an animated mini-series done seriously, thats a totally different story.

Well tell the LOTR story to someone who has never known anything about LOTR and they very well might think that way too...

i wouldnt have the movie follow link through temples and teleport with his ocarina....im talking about the basic storyline...he will travel to different areas and diff things will happen...LOTR is just like that. it would also have to be a littlemore mature than some of the games as well...like blood, bigger battles...maybe have an Army of Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"