The Lizard in Spider-Man 2

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the character of Curt Connors/The Lizard was grafted onto the Doctor Octopus character. All the stuff about Ock being a good man underneath but being posessed by evil impulses are Connors. Look at the finale - in the climactic moment, Spidey electrocutes Ock. But then Ock comes at him again and Spidey has to convince Ock he's a good man. Why this double climax? This would work far better, and make more sense, if Spidey electrocuted Ock, he was out of the game, and then the Lizard grabbed Spidey by the throat, and Spidey had to convince him to do the right thing. The line, "I will not die a monster" makes far more sense coming from the Lizard/Connors.

Yes, it was very obvious they used some of Connor's characteristics with Octavius. Especially with Otto being a mentor to Peter, and being a happily married scientist.

Makes you wonder do they intend to even use the Lizard in these movies. Alot of his scenario/theme was used by Ock.

I loved movie Ock. But I feel they made him too much like Curt Connors pre accident. That scene where Peter has dinner with Otto and Rosie was far more suited to Connors and his wife and kid. Had a whole Connors vibe to it. Not Octavius.

Doc Ock should of been in the first movie with the Green Goblin like they planned on.They should of made the train scene with Doc Ock for the first movie.

And where Doc Ock says to spidey"You have a train to catch",and you see Doc Ock jump onto the side of a building should of been the last time you see Doc Ock in the movie.

Then after spidey saves the people on the train,instead of spidey is about to fall off the train from being tired,you have the Green Goblin throw a cable around the unmasked spidey and flies him away through the city where everyone is trying to take pictures of the unmasked spidey.

Then you see the Green Goblin/Spidey fight where the Green Goblin dies.

Then the Lizard should of been the villain for part 2,because that movie was a better fit for his character.And since you can't have Harry bribing the Lizard to bring spidey to him,you have to have a hired thug type villain,like Kraven to do it.

GoldGoblin said:
Doc Ock should of been in the first movie with the Green Goblin like they planned on.

God no :down

Ock and Goblin deserved their own movie each. They'd only cramp eachother's style being in the same movie, with two seperate villain origins to tell, as well as Spidey's.

They made the right decision giving each of them a movie to themselves. They're Spidey's A-list enemies.

Doc Ock said:
God no :down

Ock and Goblin deserved their own movie each. They'd only cramp eachother's style being in the same movie, with two seperate villain origins to tell, as well as Spidey's.

They made the right decision giving each of them a movie to themselves. They're Spidey's A-list enemies.

Ultra-agreeance. Doc Ock felt pasted in when I read the original working script for the first film. Outside of writhing when Norman wasn't killed (another change I'm grateful for) and basically utilizing CGI in every sequence just to say a few paltry lines, he was needless in the first film. Spider-Man 2, while introducing the "not dying a monster" aspect, did him justice in an infinitely better manner.

why r u posting that in like every thread, ppl found that error back when the poster first came out, dont think your a genius or something

GoldGoblin said:
Doc Ock should of been in the first movie with the Green Goblin like they planned on.They should of made the train scene with Doc Ock for the first movie.

And where Doc Ock says to spidey"You have a train to catch",and you see Doc Ock jump onto the side of a building should of been the last time you see Doc Ock in the movie.

Then after spidey saves the people on the train,instead of spidey is about to fall off the train from being tired,you have the Green Goblin throw a cable around the unmasked spidey and flies him away through the city where everyone is trying to take pictures of the unmasked spidey.

Then you see the Green Goblin/Spidey fight where the Green Goblin dies.

Then the Lizard should of been the villain for part 2,because that movie was a better fit for his character.And since you can't have Harry bribing the Lizard to bring spidey to him,you have to have a hired thug type villain,like Kraven to do it.

It would have been cool to see Doc Ok and GG in the same movie, but it would have been crammed. To much backstory for each character.

NewYorkSpider said:
It would have been cool to see Doc Ok and GG in the same movie, but it would have been crammed. To much backstory for each character.
Agreed. And with Spidey's origin to be told, the focus would have been taken off of him.

Kevin Roegele said:
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the character of Curt Connors/The Lizard was grafted onto the Doctor Octopus character. All the stuff about Ock being a good man underneath but being posessed by evil impulses are Connors. Look at the finale - in the climactic moment, Spidey electrocutes Ock. But then Ock comes at him again and Spidey has to convince Ock he's a good man. Why this double climax? This would work far better, and make more sense, if Spidey electrocuted Ock, he was out of the game, and then the Lizard grabbed Spidey by the throat, and Spidey had to convince him to do the right thing. The line, "I will not die a monster" makes far more sense coming from the Lizard/Connors.
Hmmm. Interesting. A bit extreme in the details, but interesting. But it's not the first time 2 characters have been amalgamated like that; Elektra's story in Daredevil smacks of one of DD's more recent interests, Echo.

I have a theory.

I believe that Doctor Connors (Lizard) will play a small role in the upcoming Spiderman 3 movie.

Remember in the trailer, Peter rips the symbolite off of his body in the church bell tower.

I think he went to Doctor Connors for advice, and helped Peter stop the symbolite from taking over his mind. Maybe (possibly) he tore off the symbolite in the church in the tower hoping that the "evil" within it would be weakened.

If you watch back at the previous 2 movies, you'll see that Connors is in both of them, and he will more than likely make a cameo in this one as well. Peter going to him for advice to get rid of the symbolite would make sense. It would also open new ground for "The Lizard" if he should ever be part of the movies.

krazykop said:
I have a theory.

I believe that Doctor Connors (Lizard) will play a small role in the upcoming Spiderman 3 movie.

Remember in the trailer, Peter rips the symbolite off of his body in the church bell tower.

I think he went to Doctor Connors for advice, and helped Peter stop the symbolite from taking over his mind. Maybe (possibly) he tore off the symbolite in the church in the tower hoping that the "evil" within it would be weakened.

If you watch back at the previous 2 movies, you'll see that Connors is in both of them, and he will more than likely make a cameo in this one as well. Peter going to him for advice to get rid of the symbolite would make sense. It would also open new ground for "The Lizard" if he should ever be part of the movies.
Connors wasn't in the first movie. He was mentioned, but never seen. as for the rest of your theory, that's more or less how they did it in the animated series, but who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"