The Amazing Spider-Man The Lizard - How does he compare with Spidey's other onscreen adversaries?

Lizmas

Thankslizard

Leazter

New Lizzy Years Eve

Saint Lizard's Day

I still never played USM. I hope it goes on sale at the PS store.

I've always wished for a good Spider-Man game with multiple characters playable like Black Cat, Doc Ock, The Lizard, etc. Like Harry as the Goblin in the first movie game but more than that.

Would've been a great campaign for Web of Shadows. That's why I love the idea of you playing as Joker in AA, but sadly it was only for PlayStation, which I don't have.

I have it on PS3. :D But haven't played it much due to the evils of college.

One day we shall get the definitive Spider-Man game. One day...

I've always wished for a good Spider-Man game with multiple characters playable like Black Cat, Doc Ock, The Lizard, etc. Like Harry as the Goblin in the first movie game but more than that.
Well, there's Friend of Foe. It's nice to play with a friend or a relative.

I remember they did something like that in Star Wars: Episode III the game, where Anakin defeats Obi-Won and kills the Emperor.
Yep. They also did a 'what if' for the King Kong game, where Kong tears down all the planes and goes back to Skull Island. A 'what if' with Lizard's plan would've been interesting. If it had, people who transformed for long periods of time would've been messed up mentally with these new ways of thinking. Productivity in NYC would've ground to a halt. It'd be a no go zone.

Well, there's Friend of Foe. It's nice to play with a friend or a relative.

Yeah its fun, I figured this would be mentioned hence the "good" hehe. Like the quality of some of the best Spidey games.

But that game isn't very good unfortunately.

I would say its kinda like the Lego games but without the Legos. Mindless fun.

Friend or Foe had a lot of potential, since it took all of the villains from the Raimi films and put them in one game. What was the premise of the game though?

Don't remember, me and my cousin skipped all the cutscenes lol. An alien/symbiote invasion I think. Nick Fury and SHIELD were involved. You'd be on the Helicarrier when choosing missions.

Friend or Foe had a lot of potential, since it took all of the villains from the Raimi films and put them in one game. What was the premise of the game though?
Basically what was said above. The villains were kidnapped and put under mind control through a device using the symbiote. Mysterio was behind this. I don't remember his intentions, though.

Was the game only loosely based on the movies? After all, 3 out of 5 villains were killed off.

Was the game only loosely based on the movies? After all, 3 out of 5 villains were killed off.

4 ,if you are tlking the movies, Green Goblin,Doc Ock,Venom, New Goblin

4 ,if you are tlking the movies, Green Goblin,Doc Ock,Venom, New Goblin
Right. 4 out of 5.

Both goblins were impaled by their own gliders, Doc Ock drowned, and Venom was hit with a "pumpkin" bomb. Sandman just flew away...

It just took the characters from the movies - Spidey and the 5 villains (and the symbiote). Nothing else.

Yeah, I agree. Wasn't it rated E10+ also?

He was much better than Spiderman 3's Venom, but not as good as Molena's OCK and slightly better than Defoe's Goblin, IMO!

Anything was better than S-M 3's Venom.

Hell, and I'm gonna say it...

Talia al Ghul in TDKR was better than Venom, lol. And that's saying a lot because she was the worst.

I wonder how Connors/Lizard imagined life in New York after turning everyone into lizards. Maybe pretty much like it is now but with...ghetto-lizards, business-lizards, grossery store-lizards, neighbour-lizards, truck-lizards, kindergarten-lizards, taxi-lizards, maid-lizards, waiter-lizards and so on :oldrazz: a good, lizard american life.

ahhh, that sounds so silly I can't stand it

the turning everyone to Lizards is clearly a product of the golden age of comics (or silver age? whatever) but even then they didn't get the idea correctly. The plan shouldn't be sympathetic, it made me feel that Doc Connors was the villain and the Lizard was just a form. When he's in "villain mode" and saying villanous things he should also be the Lizard at the same time (otherwise what's the point of the flat face?) and the plan should be more like that he hates the human race, he really has this utter disgust towards them so he wants to build a new world in his image

Using the formula from earlier in the thread...

Appearance

1. Lizard
2. Doc Ock
3. Venom
4. Sandman
5. New Goblin
6. Green Goblin

Script/Plot
1. Otto Octavius
1. Curt Connors
3. Harry Osborn
4. Flint Marko
5. Norman Osborn
6. Eddie Brock

Performance
1. Alfred Molina
2. Rhys Ifans
3. Willem Dafoe
4. James Franco
5. Thomas Haden Church
6. Topher Grace

Lowest score wins:
4 - Lizard
4 - Doc Ock
12 - New Goblin
13 - Sandman
14 - Green Goblin
15 - Venom

based on the rankings from the formula, Harry Goblin is ranked higher and Venom is ranked lower than I actually think I would rank the characters, but this formula weights acting and script heavier than overall aesthetics and cool factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"