Sequels How should the Lizard be cured?

To be honest, I was suprised that Sony put a Lizard/Kraven storyline in the SM3 game. Sony even had the Lizard pulled from the SM2 game, so that he may be used in a future movie. His inclusion in this new game makes no sense if he is the favorite to be the next villian in the Spidey movies.

Well Vis, I'm glad you want to see Lizzy in SM4, and I agree that the Lizard by himself is the best scenario possible.
However, I think some of your visions for the Lizard are a bit too close to the horror movie genre with respect to him tearing everyone to pieces and theatening his family and such. The Silver-age Lizard was indeed too merciful, while the 1990s Lizard was too savage. I think there's a balance to be found somewhere in between. Particularly if Lizzy is the ONLY villain in the film and remains in Lizard-form most of that time, he can't be a rampaging killer the whole time.

My reasoning with the Maggia (and there certainly doesn't have to be any link between the Maggia and the Lizard in the storyline), is that there needs to be more Spidey vs crooks action that doesn't involve super villains. The scene in SM1 where Spidey stops the bank robbers in the street was great, classic Spidey stuff. Lots of real-world acrobatics and action, not so much CGI. This is the kind of stuff I want to see more of in a Spidey movie. I want to see Spidey infiltrate a mob boss's HQ and battle his way past dozens of thugs with automatic weapons. Tombstone is a good back-up here to keep things from getting too one-sided in Spidey's favor, but he should just be a minor character overall. Thus we don't need any origin stories (except maybe a throwaway line explaining Tombstone's powers), or JJJ coming up with villain names or costumed villains. Just Spidey cleaning up the streets of NY before he has to tangle with the Lizard.
I don't mind seeing more of Spider-Man going up against regular thugs in drawn out gun/fight battles, but not a story angle surrounding it that combines The Lizard. You have to keep that type of thing seperate from The Lizard. I don't want to see a soft ass caring Lizard. At least not when he's in full transformation. Perhaps when he's half way through his transformation, we can see his love for his family and such. But not when he's full bleed Lizard, I don't want him to give a damn about his family. Unless he has eyes on them for his next meal.
Also, regarding a Kraven/Lizard combination in SM4 -- this was just recently done as a storyline in the SM3 video game, so the chances of that happening onscreen might be greatly reduced now.
Nothing is greatly reduced because of a video game. The Lizard wasn't the star of that game, neither was Kraven. The SM4 game will just feature a bigger story-arc around The Lizard. Plus, they're always adding new characters that has nothing to do with movie to the game anyway. Not to mention, that The Lizard/Kraven were not movie versions in the game, so it's moot.

However, if they didn't use Kraven, and there had to be a secondary villain, then I would go with Electro in a seperate story from the Lizard's. Having Electro breaking into a prison facility, releasing more than half of the prisoners inside, with prisoners getting hold of gaurds' guns and causing mayhem. And this will give you more of Spider-Man doing battle with regular thugs in an all out fight and gun battle. First, Spidey takes down the prisoners, then Electro, then The Lizard as he reaches his full transformation.

Personally, I want the The Lizard/Kraven motif for SM4, saving Electro for SM5.

I don't mind seeing more of Spider-Man going up against regular thugs in drawn out gun/fight battles, but not a story angle surrounding it that combines The Lizard. You have to keep that type of thing seperate from The Lizard. I don't want to see a soft ass caring Lizard. At least not when he's in full transformation. Perhaps when he's half way through his transformation, we can see his love for his family and such. But not when he's full bleed Lizard, I don't want him to give a damn about his family. Unless he has eyes on them for his next meal.
Nothing is greatly reduced because of a video game. The Lizard wasn't the star of that game, neither was Kraven. The SM4 game will just feature a bigger story-arc around The Lizard. Plus, they're always adding new characters that has nothing to do with movie to the game anyway. Not to mention, that The Lizard/Kraven were not movie versions in the game, so it's moot.

However, if they didn't use Kraven, and there had to be a secondary villain, then I would go with Electro in a seperate story from the Lizard's. Having Electro breaking into a prison facility, releasing more than half of the prisoners inside, with prisoners getting hold of gaurds' guns and causing mayhem. And this will give you more of Spider-Man doing battle with regular thugs in an all out fight and gun battle. First, Spidey takes down the prisoners, then Electro, then The Lizard as he reaches his full transformation.

Personally, I want the The Lizard/Kraven motif for SM4, saving Electro for SM5.

I want to see Electro paired up with a more scheming, manipulative villain than himself; i.e. Vulture. Lizard/Kraven is the obvious first-choice, with maybe Lizard by himself a distant second, and Lizard/"Anyone Else" a third so distant I don't even feel it's worth considering.

With Electro, you can pair him up with almost anyone. The Lizard, not so much.

With Electro, you can pair him up with almost anyone. The Lizard, not so much.

Yeah... Electro could reasonably be paired up with (of the remaining villains) Vulture, Hobgoblin, Scorpion, or Mysterio.

Lizard... can be paired up with Kraven. And that's pretty much it. The converse is also true. Kraven is pretty much worthless to a Spider-man movie without Lizard.

I disagree, he's worthless to a PG-13/children oriented movie without The Lizard, yeah.

And that's the only kind we're gonna get anytime soon, so, for all practical purposes, I stand by my statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"