Comics The Lizard returns to SM comics in February! ("Gauntlet" related)

I do remember these, but I think I passed on them because they only featured reprinted art. If there are any Saga issues with Lizzy featured in original art on the cover or elsewhere, let me know.

As far as I know there is no original art on the covers, but I’m not 100% sure on issue #2.

For Spider-Man #51 you have to look really hard for Lizard. Best example is like in What If… vol.2 #4 –Lizard cameo on the title page, except his cameo in this issue isn’t on the title page.

Here are some more comics with the Lizard in them:

Spider-Man Magazine #11, Winter 1995 (this is a magazine size format almost like the Treasury Edition comics)

House of M #5, October 2005

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #44, December 2008

Spider-Man Fear Itself One-Shot 2009

Last edited:
As far as I know there is no original art on the covers, but I’m not 100% sure on issue #2.

For Spider-Man #51 you have to look really hard for Lizard. Best example is like in What If… vol.2 #4 –Lizard cameo on the title page, except his cameo in this issue isn’t on the title page.

Here are some more comics with the Lizard in them:

Spider-Man Magazine #11, Winter 1995 (this is a magazine size format almost like the Treasury Edition comics)

Amazing Spider-Man #600, September 2009 (in two different backup stories) also Spider-Lizard in another backup story.

Oh yeah, I just missed listing ASM# 600 -- fixed.

As far as Spider-Man Magazine goes, there are actually several issues with Lizard in them. I'm pretty sure I have that 1995 issue, plus a couple others. There was also an original Lizard storyline featured in the UK-only "Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine" from 2004, plus the UK-only "Marvel Rampage" from July-Aug 2005. I have a different list for magazine and newspaper comic strips.

Can't wait to look for those other ones!

2pq298z.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I just missed listing ASM# 600 -- fixed.

As far as Spider-Man Magazine goes, there are actually several issues with Lizard in them. I'm pretty sure I have that 1995 issue, plus a couple others. There was also an original Lizard storyline featured in the UK-only "Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine" from 2005, plus the UK-only "Marvel Rampage" from July-Aug 2005. I have a different list for magazine and newspaper comic strips.

Can't wait to look for those other ones!

Speaking of stories from other countries do you know what the title of the comic this story is from?

SM_8_page09_Color_lettering.jpg

SM9_page09-10_Color_lettering.jpg

That's from an Italian Spidey comic series from around 2007. Marco Checchetto did the art, he also did some stuff on ASM recently. Other than that, I don't know much else of it.

Edit: I found that it was published by Panini Comics, don't know if that helps any.

Last edited:
That's from an Italian Spidey comic series from around 2007. Marco Checchetto did the art, he also did some stuff on ASM recently. Other than that, I don't know much else of it.

Edit: I found that it was published by Panini Comics, don't know if that helps any.

Panini also published the "Marvel Rampage" magazine in the UK, but the Lizard story in that mag didn't have art as beautiful as that Italian mag. I'll have to find that one!

Also, Lizzy appeared in the US "Spider-Man Magazine" in July and December 1994, but he wasn't featured on the cover like he was in the winter 1995 issue.

And of course one mustn't forget the lackluster SM newspaper comic strip storyline from 2002-2003 that featured Lizzy...

15rk12f.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the preview for Web of Spider-Man #6 with Lizzy...

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4611

Interesting update on how Connors lost his arm. The Iraq location is predictable, but this is the first time that a grenade booby-trap attached to a wounded soldier has been put forth as the cause of Connors losing his arm. Previous stories stated an artillery shell and a land mine as the culprits. Also interesting to see a pre-Man-Thing Ted Sallis interacting with Connors.

Hey Spidey_62, Yeah I knew who the artist was, but not the publisher. I was just hoping that someone might of known the title of the comic. Thanks for your help though.

Panini also published the "Marvel Rampage" magazine in the UK, but the Lizard story in that mag didn't have art as beautiful as that Italian mag. I'll have to find that one!

Hey, if you have the fortunate luck of finding it before me could you please let me know the title and issue number?

Also, Lizzy appeared in the US "Spider-Man Magazine" in July and December 1994, but he wasn't featured on the cover like he was in the winter 1995 issue.

If its not too much trouble for you, could you also post your list of Lizard appearances in Spidey magazines? I'm curious to know if I've missed any. Or are the three you listed above all of them?

And of course one mustn't forget the lackluster SM newspaper comic strip storyline from 2002-2003 that featured Lizzy...

15rk12f.jpg

Did you see these when they were listed for sale of Ebay a while back?

Here's the preview for Web of Spider-Man #6 with Lizzy...

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4611

Interesting update on how Connors lost his arm. The Iraq location is predictable, but this is the first time that a grenade booby-trap attached to a wounded soldier has been put forth as the cause of Connors losing his arm. Previous stories stated an artillery shell and a land mine as the culprits. Also interesting to see a pre-Man-Thing Ted Sallis interacting with Connors.

I agree with your observations. Also of note is that it looks like there will be two prologues to this upcoming "SHED" story. The first in this Web of issue and the second in Amazing #629. I also found it odd that Marvel used McFarlane's image of the Lizard from Amazing #313 up in the corner box instead of the image that is going to be on Joe Quinones Variant cover to Amazing #630.

Courtesy of Web of Spider-Man #6 ... What must be the most disturbing scene in any Lizard story to date...

fx7xgy.jpg

I really like the Ted Sallis connection... :up:

Yeah, I gotta say I really enjoyed both of the Lizard stories in this issue a lot. Hopefully it's a sign of more of the same when 'Shed' hits this May!

I loved the Web of Spider-Man issue with The Lizard. It's about time that they updated Curt Conners' origin of sorts to make it more current to fans. Also the connections to Ted Sallis, The Man-Thing. Just an all around great story and excellent update on an old Spider-Man villain.

I don't know about everybody else but I think that Fred Van Lente should be given some kind of award. He's done an awesome job updating a lot of Spider-Man's older villains. He's sort of given them a new lease on life and cleaned up some of the bad writing those characters have suffered through over the years. Great job.

Shipping updates for the upcoming "SHED" story.

Amazing Spider-Man #630 4-28-10 to 5-05-10

Amazing Spider-Man #631 5-05-10 to 5-12-10

Amazing Spider-Man #632 5-12-10 to 5-19-10

Amazing Spider-Man #633 sale date remains the same: 5-26-10

Last edited:
New image from Amazing #630

81759858.jpg

Oh, and The Lizard, here's one more comic with the Lizard in it that I didn't see on your list.

Marvel Team-Up #4, Sep 1972 Lizard in a flashback cameo

Last edited:
Bachalo's art is looking like its at its prime.

Now there's going to be a backup-prologue to Shed in ASM#629 I read on the letters page of the newest issue.

Update --- out of the Lizard cameo-featuring comics that I found out I was missing thanks to NickerNacker, I've recently picked up the ones in bold:

Marvel Team-Up #4, Sep 1972

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #59, October 1981

What If…Vol. 1 #46, August 1984

What If…Vol.2 # 58, February 1994

Spider-Man #51, October 1994

Amazing Spider-man Ashcan Edition 1994 (Canada)

Untold Tales of Spider-Man #1, September 1995

She-Hulk (2004) #10, February 2005

Amazing Spider-Man Swing Shift Free Comic Book Day June 2007/ Director’s Cut February 2008

I'll add them all to my comprehensive Lizard comic lists on the previous pages as I get them! Thanks! :liz:

Last edited:
Lizard also makes an appearance in a dream sequence from the Free Comic Book Day special issue , Spider-Man: The Grim Hunt Saga, currently in stores.

Finally -- the intro to the Lizard story "Shed" in this week's ASM #629.

It looks like the Lizard persona inside Dr. Connors is getting territorial due to some drug company corporate *****ebag pushing him around.
This is a bit similar to the setup of the infamous "Lizard's Tale" story by Paul Jenkins from SSM in 2004, where Connors became the Lizard to get even with another scientist who had screwed him over. I'm hoping this story veers off in a totally different direction though.

Last edited:
If its anything like what went down in "Feral" I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Oh, by the way, there is one other comic that I didn't see listed on your Lizard appearance list:

One of the covers to Marvel 1985 # 1 has the Lizard on it in a group shot. The artist is Jimmy Cheung and I believe it's listed as either cover a or b on the credits page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"