Sequels How should the Lizard be cured?

Blader5489

CASUAL SEX!
Reaction score
There's a very good possibility that the Lizard will be in Spider-Man 4. In fact, I think it's pretty safe to assume that.

Now, a lot of people have been speculating several things about the Lizard's potential role in SM4: Connors' transform, his relationship with his family, his connection to Kraven, his overall importance to the movie's them, etc. But one thing I haven't seen talked about is how he'll be cured by movie's end.

In the comics, Spidey always whipped up an antidote on the spot. In TAS, he used the neogenic recombinator (am I remembering that right?) to change him back the first time they fought. But neither of those solutions are practical for the psuedo-realistic nature of the Spider-Man movies.

So I was just wondering, how do you guys think the Lizard should be cured?

Super Spidey science figures out a way to cure him!

Good way to show Peter's scientific knowledge and abilities.

^ thats what I think to. Not to mention that Spidey knows alot about science not only in the Films but in the Comics as well. that is also a great way to express Spideys brainpower like he sort of did in Spidey3 when he put the pipes in a circle and hit them with a pipe, knowing that the Symbiote is weakened to sound.

^ thats what I think to. Not to mention that Spidey knows alot about science not only in the Films but in the Comics as well. that is also a great way to express Spideys brainpower like he sort of did in Spidey3 when he put the pipes in a circle and hit them with a pipe, knowing that the Symbiote is weakened to sound.

...and knowing that, when stuck into the ground, the pipes would create resonance with one another and cause the pipes to vibrate louder.

Not to mark myself as a physics nerd or anything.

I would love to see Peter's scientific knowledge carry over to the rumored Lizard plot of SM4. I too thought of his science background with the sound sequence in SM3. I kind of see the movies going somewhere with genetics, so Peter could actually help Dr. Connors on somesort of genetic machine/serum to regenerate human limbs using lizard DNA.

He uses his noggin and whips out a formula and cures him....of course.

Based on the past movies, the Lizard will be cured moments before a redemptive death. So long Dr. Connors, we hardly knew ya.

Nah I would actually want to see Connors live through this.

spider-man will webswing so fast that he travel back in time and there for is able to save uncle ben, norman, doc ock, harry, sandman, venom, and the lizard.

Based on the past movies, the Lizard will be cured moments before a redemptive death. So long Dr. Connors, we hardly knew ya.

They won't kill Dr. Connors. Not if they are smart anyway. We shouldn't kill every villain, and Dr. Connors isn't even a real villain.

If they do Lizard and Kraven for Spider-Man 4, Lizard should live, Kraven should die (either by suicide or being killed by the Lizard).

well it would depend on how he becomes the Lizard. we need to know the science behind the transformince before we can undo it.

i say that connors uses a retrovirus with Lizard RNA genome that causes him to change. i think that peter should find (or be given) maybe by connors wife) connors video journals that show connors exparimenting on himself and from that (and the notes that also finds/given) should find a way to reverse the prosess.

Ha...yeah, they won't kill Connors. Like they wouldn't kill Doc Ock or Venom. Yeah...Lizard, I barely knew ye. I have the feeling Koepp's script treatment willl have him marked from the first draft as a dead man, and Raimi will just eat it up for a higher meaning to the film.

Ha...yeah, they won't kill Connors. Like they wouldn't kill Doc Ock or Venom. Yeah...Lizard, I barely knew ye. I have the feeling Koepp's script treatment willl have him marked from the first draft as a dead man, and Raimi will just eat it up for a higher meaning to the film.

They know that killing villains is getting tiring... and if they kill Connors it'll seem to be, well, overkill. I mean, a huge part of the struggle will be Spider-Man trying to save Connors, even though Kraven is trying to kill him and the public probably wants him dead too. And then he ends up dying anyway? Wow. That blows.

Killing a villain mainly serves to take them out of the story so their story arc is completed, and we don't have to deal with them continuing to be villains in the films that follow. The Lizard story arc can be completed in such a way that Connors can return to a normal life, since he's not technically a "villain." He's an out-of-control beast. So in that respect, he's different from Green Goblin, Doc Ock, or Venom.

If they did kill Lizard, it'd feel so repetitve, and it'd be a total waste.

as for Dr. Connors dieing, I don't think he should. It just wouldn't be right and Dr. Connors is connected to Peter as well. I say cure Dr. Connors but keep Dr. Connors alive.

I'll take this opportunity to restate a somewhat controversial opinion of mine --- I don't think that Dr. Connors should be cured at the end of the hypothetical movie. At least not all the way.

To avoid comparisons with the Hulk and to add a slightly increased level of realism to the Lizard character, the initial transformation from Connors to Lizard should be shown to take place over an extended period of time. How this would be shown would depend on the structure of the film of course but Connors' transformation could take place in the background while the focus is on a secondary villain or storyline, or the whole transformation process could be shown as a flashback after the Lizard is already on the loose. Since the physiological changes that happen during the mutation from man to lizard-man are so extensive, the Lizard should not transform to and from human form during the film. He could just get more and more lizard-like as the plot progresses, perhaps starting out as the intelligent talking Lizard and ending up as the savage beastial Lizard.

When we finally get to the "cure," whether it be something whipped up by Spider-Man or something taken from Connors' lab, it can have a partial effect in the Lizard, perhaps restoring the mind of Dr. Connors. What a poignant tragedy to have the mind of Connors still trapped in the monstrous body of the Lizard. Thus we could see the unfortunate Doctor taken away to some kind of secret government holding facility (how about The Vault?) and even though the Lizard doesn't get killed, the ending is still downbeat in classic Spidey style.

An alternative to this would be to show Connors in captivity slowly turning back to human form. Maybe show him looking human, but with rough skin and no hair as he slowly turns back and waits for a chance to be with his family again.

That's the way I would do it at least.

Speaking of the animated series, I just watched the pilot episode with the Lizard a few days ago. Best interpretation of the classic Lizard in another media outlet yet.

^ Nah it was no where as good as "Night Of The Lizard" that was just pure Classic Lizzy ripped off the pages of The comic book issue of The Amazing Spider-Man # 6 .

dude, was just saying it was pretty good (the first half, anyway) wasn't arguing that it was better then the TAS or anything (though, I didn't care for, the whole wanting to turn everyone in the city in to lizards, plot, and the telling of the origin, through, flash backs) but, i'd like his wife and kid to be involved, or at least mentioned, like in that episode
and I’d want to see him to be cured, instead of dieing

whatever story they use for the movie, wouldn't be and exact copy of either the comics or cartoons, anyway, they'd may take element of them, but, it would be a new original story

as for the cure it self, it depends on what he uses, (rays, injections, something to do with the symbiote sample, being bite by a radioactive lizard lol) in the first place, that peter would have to discover, and develop a way to revise it

An alternative to this would be to show Connors in captivity slowly turning back to human form. Maybe show him looking human, but with rough skin and no hair as he slowly turns back and waits for a chance to be with his family again.
I like this idea, it's in vein of the movie...THE FLY. Which is why I suggested that the writer of that film, take a stab at the first draft of SM4. I would also add flashback scenes as to how he lost his arm. Personally, I would make it several injection shots, three to be exact, that Spidey has to inject into THE LIZARD to change him back. With each injection, which isn't going to be an easy task for Spidey, we see Connors slowly becoming human again.

Personally, I would make it several injection shots, three to be exact, that Spidey has to inject into THE LIZARD to change him back. With each injection, which isn't going to be an easy task for Spidey, we see Connors slowly becoming human again.

That could work too.

Anything that shows that the transformation to or from the Lizard takes several days and happens in stages. Indeed, kind of like the updated version of The Fly, except less disgusting.

They won't kill Dr. Connors. Not if they are smart anyway. We shouldn't kill every villain, and Dr. Connors isn't even a real villain.

If they do Lizard and Kraven for Spider-Man 4, Lizard should live, Kraven should die (either by suicide or being killed by the Lizard).

Keyword shouldn't. That doesn't mean they won't. I hope they don't, but Lizard probably won't even be cured, he'll die as the Lizard in the climatic battle.

That could work too.

Anything that shows that the transformation to or from the Lizard takes several days and happens in stages. Indeed, kind of like the updated version of The Fly, except less disgusting.
Actually, I want the disgusting motifs left in, the more of it the better. In stages I agree:

The first step of transformation is a disturbed Connors sweating perfusely on his knees. He spits up a slimy light-green substance on to the floor. We hear the bones from within Connors shifting, to accommodate muscle mass and bone growth, which slowly reveals his second arm forming and a tail forming down his spine. Readying him for enhanced jumping ability and super-human strength. His skin slowly peals off, forming a thick grayish-green hard reptilian skin underneath. His eyes turn blood shot red, and gradually move towards his sunken in ears. He can now see his prey in the back of him, in the front of him and on either side, simultaneously. Finally, to signify his full transformation, he gently puts his hands into his own slimy light-green substance, to alleviate the pain that triggers sharp black claws that pierce through the flesh of his fingertips. Both hands clutch hard into solid ground. He lets out a harmonious lingering hiss...THE LIZARD is born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"