• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man The main crime boss?

Yeah, that's possible. And, like in the comics, his plans can get foiled multiple times to the point where his only need is to totrture/kill Spider-Man, like in the comics. It became a personal fight.

Personal, I like the Green Goblin both ways. As a crime lord, and as a solo Villian, like with Raimis. So, I'm fine with either. :up:

Maybe he should even succeed in taking over a gang somehow? But he wants to take control over the whole criminality and control over the city and that's where Spidey ruins it for him. That's also when things get more personal and GG kills Gwen etc. Maybe Norman Osborn had a plan in mind for taking over all crime in NY already in the first movie (or second movie, where he could hire Chameleon to try to assassinate "important" people and then he could become GG in SM3 instead) and then takes on the suit and glider when he feels that he has to do it with his own hands.

This town needs a class of criminal. And I'm gonna give it to em. - Green Goblin

tombstone was pretty badass in specatcular spiderman. but i'd be open to silvermane for sure. not as old and decreped though

Well Hammer head has always been more like a stooge than the bigman, but that certainly would be something new and interesting
He started as a crime boss, he was going to be my choice before seeing Tombstone as a choice in the poll

Tombstone for sure and not just because of spectacular but just because or heck even owl. I'm not that interested in seeing silvermane or hammerhead as main bosses as of now.

Hate Tombstone as a mob boss with a passion. If we have to introduce the mob element, let's take things back to the roots and have the Big Man, Frederick Foswell. (Who maybe answers to Silvermane.) I'd rather we didn't see organized crime in the new films, though.

Last edited:
Silvermane was the only real crime boss out of that list. Tombstone was just an enforcer and Osborn should stay a industrialist.

I voted for Silvermane but I'd love to see a gang war with Green Goblin pulling the strings.

Hammerhead works as a #2 sort of guy with ambitions of being #1, so that could play into the plot but to start him off as a major boss would be a lost opportunity. Tombstone always seemed like a thug to me with white skin.

No Green Goblin as a crime lord. For gripe sake, it'll never work on film. Where is he gonna keep his glider at his homie's house? Last thing I want to see is light-hearted crime mosses who don't kill at the drop of a hat, in a realistic way/environment.

Last edited:
Nobody, before assumptions joined the discussion, mentioned Batman. Spidey has plenty of crime bosses, all of which had been utilised in one way or another before Nolan gave Bats a makeover. Maybe some are doing what you say... but everyone? Give some credit, eh?

fair point eggy it's not everyone but sadly its the majority, i rarely posted in the spidey forums until recently and from what i've seen most fans want not just this film but all comic films for be mimics of TDK. the comparison always comes up and 9/10 it's "ohh it should be done this way" or "nolan would have done it better"

yes spidey has had numourous crimeboss's but IMO none work except for kingpin and silvermane, kingpin is trapped in a rights story and sorry but silvermane just is not an interesting character from the stories i've seen, and i feel that is they went the organised crime route, which judging by the rumoured leaks seems somewhat likely that they are selling one of spider-mans biggest selling points, the fantastic and varied villain gallery

The problem with introducing a mafia element to Spider-Man films is that the mob isn't really relevant anymore. Even if Sony did have the rights to the Kingpin, I wouldn't be too shocked to see him reinvented as a corrupt politician, more of a Lex Luthor-like figure, or some sort of terrorist.

Last edited:
I would love to see crime bosses in a Spidey movie. But I just couldn't get behind Tombstone being one of them. That's one of the few things that I didn't like about TSSM. Spidey has several crime bosses to choose from(even with Kingpin being unavailable......dammit!:csad:) that there's no need to create a new one from a character that was never anything like that in the first place. Hammerhead, Silvermane, ......hell, even The Rose are better ideas, IMO.

I would love to see crime bosses in a Spidey movie. But I just couldn't get behind Tombstone being one of them. That's one of the few things that I didn't like about TSSM. Spidey has several crime bosses to choose from(even with Kingpin being unavailable......dammit!:csad:) that there's no need to create a new one from a character that was never anything like that in the first place. Hammerhead, Silvermane, ......hell, even The Rose are better ideas, IMO.

That's the exact reason why I don't like Tombstone as a crime boss myself

This makes me hate Fox even more, hogging kingpin all to themselves.

Yeah, Fox does nothing with the character, and when Sony/Marvel Studios are like saying "Could we finally have that character back please??" then Fox will be all like "NOOO we're totally gonna do another daredevil movie soon! ....some day I guess....":woot:

But yeah, Fox hogging kingpin to themselves is totally unfair:csad:

yes spidey has had numourous crimeboss's but IMO none work except for kingpin and silvermane, kingpin is trapped in a rights story and sorry but silvermane just is not an interesting character from the stories i've seen, and i feel that is they went the organised crime route, which judging by the rumoured leaks seems somewhat likely that they are selling one of spider-mans biggest selling points, the fantastic and varied villain gallery

huh? what leaks?? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"