Transformers The Megatron Appreciation Thread

I think he should be cast as Soundwave, but Soundwave's voice was probably the one that was altered the most in the cartoon so i dont think it would matter if they cast him or not. Would be nice to see Welker involved in some way though, but i say keep Weaving as Megatron.

You're right about Soundwave's voice having been heavily altered. Welker just did his Dr. Claw voice, which was then ran through a vocoder. But I really do believe that he should have a role in the film franchise, so what better way then to let his reprise his other most well-known TF role.

I do think Weaving should be kept as Megatron.

I'd like to see Megatron return & become even more ruthless & I think Weaving's voice should be made a little bit deeper to make Megatron even scarier.

Yep, for some reason it seems that Weaving is perfect for pulling off a deep & really evil voice.

Agreed, and that is perfect for Megatron IMO.

You're right about Soundwave's voice having been heavily altered. Welker just did his Dr. Claw voice, which was then ran through a vocoder. But I really do believe that he should have a role in the film franchise, so what better way then to let his reprise his other most well-known TF role.

I do think Weaving should be kept as Megatron.

Well i hope Welker does get to voice SW, i really do, i was just saying it wasnt necessary to cast him.

Well, it'd be cool to see him cast & if Bay listens to his fans as much as people say he does, Welker should definitely be cast for the next movie.

I would assume he is. That tends to be the common practice nowadays.

That's true & I could see him having at least signed on for two films as he's voicing the biggest & baddest villain in the Transformers universe. I really hope he does return in the second movie because he didn't have too much screentime in the first movie & for the second movie he has the opportunity to return bigger, badder, & stronger than before.

So, was Weaving signed on for more than one movie?

Cullen is signed for 3 movies so i imagine Weaving is as well.

That's true & I could see him having at least signed on for two films as he's voicing the biggest & baddest villain in the Transformers universe. I really hope he does return in the second movie because he didn't have too much screentime in the first movie & for the second movie he has the opportunity to return bigger, badder, & stronger than before.

I hope they keep him the same size and strength, and i would love the see a scene were Prime is missing once again and all of the Autobots attack Megatron and he beats the crap out of them. Ultra Magnus would likely be able to put up a bit of a fight but it would just be cool to see Meg's own all of the Autobots, and then Prime shows up and beats him.

I'm sure that if they all attack Megatron they'd get some good hits in & I'm sure we'll be getting a Megatron v. Prime rematch as well.

They would get some hits in, it would be 4 against 1 afterall, but it would be awesome to see Meg's own them.

It's not fun to always have the villains completely owning the heroes, get's boring after a while.

It's not fun to always have the villains completely owning the heroes, get's boring after a while.

If the villains are made to be too weak, then heroes' victory would be underwhelming. Imagine if Luke kicked Vader's ass in the first movie; that'd ruin the trilogy right there.

That's not what I mean. Sure, it's good to have a villain pwn a hero every once & a while but if the villain is always winning too easy what kind of battle is that?

If the villains are made to be too weak, then heroes' victory would be underwhelming. Imagine if Luke kicked Vader's ass in the first movie; that'd ruin the trilogy right there.

Exactly, the villians need to seem overpowering at first, making the eventual defeat of them all the more satisfactory.

That's not what I mean. Sure, it's good to have a villain pwn a hero every once & a while but if the villain is always winning too easy what kind of battle is that?

But thats what would be good about the scene of Meg's kicking all of the Autobots ass's himself, because then Prime would show and beat the **** out of him.

Yeah, but I don't really want to see him beating everyone's asses all the time in every single movie.

But, that would be in keeping with the cartoon, Megatron was THE badass of the Decepticons, only Devestator was more powerful than him, and virtually only Optimus Prime or Hot Rod once he became Rodimus Prime could battle him to a defeat or draw.

even devastator couldn't take on everyone at the same time...

^He took on the dinobots in the movie all at the same time, and made a good account of himself. The size of movie Megatron, i think he could fight Bumblebee, Ironhide and Ratchett all at the same time, before Prime arrives and kicks his ass of course.

even devastator couldn't take on everyone at the same time...

Plus, in the comics, Shockwave manages to take out all of the Autobots himself, and when Ratchet fights Megatron, he points out that he cant even scratch his armour.

joshnizzitfdefcover01fitu2.jpg

joshnizzitfdefcover02fiqc4.jpg

686489transformersdefiahi1.jpg

tfdefiance02coverbydyemgl1.jpg

Megatron's tank mode in Revenge of the Fallen look very similar to Beast Wars Cybertronian Megatron

DawnOfFuturesPastMegatron.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"