Justice League The most suitable 7th member

$0UL3$$

Civilian
Reaction score
We all know the main 6 will be supes, bats, diana, barry, hal and aquaman(snyder already put 3 easter eggs in the film in case some people are saying aquaman will not be in the movie). The seventh member is always changing. Will it be Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Cyborg, Zatanna or Hawkgirl?

Martian Manhunter PLEASE. He is my favorite superhero of all time.

MM, obviously. But there are too few choices here. Why didn't you include Green Arrow and Hawkman?

MM, obviously. But there are too few choices here. Why didn't you include Green Arrow and Hawkman?

Because both of them are part of the new Justice League of America to combat the normal justice league. To start a trinity war. I did not include them

I voted MM,but to be honest,I'd like to see Hawkman.

Then,maybe Atom.

I want it to be Martian Manhunter.

Realistically, it will be Cyborg. I think it's pretty clear. Look at all of the Justice League promotional material over the last two-ish years. And the most recent Justice League animated films. It'll be Cyborg, there's no way to get around it :(

But MM totally deserves the spot. He'd add more diversity than Cyborg anyway - he's a freaking Martian :D

I'm going to be controversial and say Hawkgirl.

Dr. Fate!

He would be awesome. But in all seriousness, Martian Manhunter. He's been a JL staple for as long as I can remember.

It's a travesty that MM should even be consider the 7th member, imho. He, in my book, should be considered the 4th member...behind the big three; and the catalyst that bring the group together...indirectly of course.

Black Canary

As long as she's more comic-faithful than Smallville, I wouldn't mind this. She's one of those characters where the line between cheesy and viable is very thin.

Dr. Fate!

He would be awesome. But in all seriousness, Martian Manhunter. He's been a JL staple for as long as I can remember.

It's a travesty that MM should even be consider the 7th member, imho. He, in my book, should be considered the 4th member...behind the big three; and the catalyst that bring the group together...indirectly of course.

MM isn't part of the Big 5. Beyond Bats,Supes, and Wondy, 4 and 5 have always been some version of Flash and GL. Once we get into the 6th and beyond members, MM is as much a staple to the franchise as anyone. He might not make JLA 1, but he certainly should be in JLA 2. I just hope DC's new love of Cyborg doesn't push WB to exclude MM.

We all know the main 6 will be supes, bats, diana, barry, hal and aquaman(snyder already put 3 easter eggs in the film in case some people are saying aquaman will not be in the movie). The seventh member is always changing. Will it be Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Cyborg, Zatanna or Hawkgirl?

I missed the Aquaman easter egg. Can someone fill me in?

Anyway, as much as i want to see a diverse cast, i think J'onn deserves it, by virtue of his long history in the comics. Kind of a complex character though. Not sure if there's time to include him....

Martian Manhunter for so much win, in my book. Though I wouldn't mind Cyborg, Zatanna or Hawkgirl. Shazam? Not a big fan to be honest.

I missed the Aquaman easter egg. Can someone fill me in?

Anyway, as much as i want to see a diverse cast, i think J'onn deserves it, by virtue of his long history in the comics. Kind of a complex character though. Not sure if there's time to include him....

1) The oil rig in the first modern-day scene belonged to a guy who was Aquaman's enemy in the comic books

2) Two whales were sent to check up on Clark after he was blown off of the rig at the end of that scene

3) The military's word-of-the-day was "Trident" as their secret code for communication. Sure that may be a long shot, but I like to think it's a nod to Aquaman.

1) The oil rig in the first modern-day scene belonged to a guy who was Aquaman's enemy in the comic books

2) Two whales were sent to check up on Clark after he was blown off of the rig at the end of that scene

3) The military's word-of-the-day was "Trident" as their secret code for communication. Sure that may be a long shot, but I like to think it's a nod to Aquaman.

Cool. Thanks. I'll go back and re-watch for them!

Adore Cyborg and Zatanna, but Martian Manhunter is an easy vote for me, with Cyborg a strong second. I'd also like Harry Lennix (or maybe Doug Jones?) to play him.

Leave Zatanna to Dark Universe/Justice League Dark. She'll shine better there. :up:

Also would consider John Stewart instead of Hal. Fresher attempt at Lantern after the last movie flubbed, fans are broadly familiar with him thanks to the cartoon, and it adds some diversity in the cast to broaden the spectrum of relatability. If we aren't going to do Cyborg, I would like John to fill that important gap. I know focusing on skin color might seem petty to some, but black folks deserve some more representation, some brighter role models. Superhero films have been severely lacking in that.

Plus I just like his personality more anyway -- though I hear Hal's personality is much more enjoyable in the recent CG animated series than typically portrayed... Still need to give that show a whirl!

Last edited:
As long as we have Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and a Green Lantern, I wouldn't mind Cyborg in the first film at all. Preferably, if he were to be introduced as a founding member,I'd like to see him leave the JLA roster full time to start and train the Titans with Nightwing.I think Aquaman and Martian Manhunter would best benefit being introduced in sequels anyways.

Adore Cyborg and Zatanna, but Martian Manhunter is an easy vote for me, with Cyborg a strong second. I'd also like Harry Lennix (or maybe Doug Jones?) to play him.

Leave Zatanna to Dark Universe/Justice League Dark. She'll shine better there. :up:

Also would consider John Stewart instead of Hal. Fresher attempt at Lantern after the last movie flubbed, fans are broadly familiar with him thanks to the cartoon, and it adds some diversity in the cast to broaden the spectrum of relatability. If we aren't going to do Cyborg, I would like John to fill that important gap. I know focusing on skin color might seem petty to some, but black folks deserve some more representation, some brighter role models. Superhero films have been severely lacking in that.

Plus I just like his personality more anyway -- though I hear Hal's personality is much more enjoyable in the recent CG animated series than typically portrayed... Still need to give that show a whirl!
Good stuff here!

Cyborg is the best and obvious answer for now. MMH is cool but I think he works best for a sequel. Plus he pretty much makes Superman redundant.

I think we'll only see Supes, bats, wondy, Flash and Aquaman. Flash and Gl might need some development because of the last Gl movie and they might have to see the reaction of gustin's performance before they decide if they want to merge big and small screen.

However, I've heard that Barry Will be in Batman vs superman so they seem to be deciding Flash pretty fast. If you ask me, I'd say Oliver and Barry might replace the Hal-Flash dynamic. So Cyborg and mmh would be second gen members. I think Oliver isn't among the first gen but kinda gets involved via Flash, like he is there but not in the same way as the others (hope you know what I mean) :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"