Sequels The Music of Spider-Man 4

spideyman101

Civilian
Reaction score
After watching I Am Legend, I am convinced that neither Danny Elfman or Christopher Young should conduct the music of the film. Instead they should have James Newton Howard come to do the film.

With Lizard and Kraven, I can see SM4 as a film with very intense, tribal music, mixed with action music. According to what I heard in I Am Legend, Howard can do this well. Maybe have either Elfman or Young to come back and do the Spidey theme, but have Howard do the Lizard and Kraven themes as well as the main portion of the film.

Kind of like how Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard both do the new Batman films. Have Danny Elfman and James Newton Howard do Spider-Man 4.

Here's a good example of what Howard could do for Spider-Man 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mro1V0-KLMc

I'm not for composers teaming up, however, I would love it if James Newton Howard scored SM4 by himself.

Of course, probably blind-folded, but I'd rather he create something new and more powerful.

Yeah, maybe I'm kind of pessimistic. But I'd still like him to do it.

Perhaps even have him use the Spider-Man 1/2/3 Spidey theme and do an "extended version" of it. Take out some of it and replace with a more moving version.

Half of it be Elfman-type theme, half be Howard's own creation. If you listen to the I Am Legend score you REALLY get the feeling that Howard is the man for the job!

Seeing as there heading in a new direction with the movies, I'd say get rid of the Elfman theme.

Hmm... Howard... creating his OWN theme... sounds interesting. I like it!

If this is the same cast and crew keep the SM themes, if it is going a diff. direction, a good way to separate it from Raimi's trilogy is to come up with a new theme. Albeit the main ones (Spidey's,, Peter's and the romance's) have become staples of cinematic Spidey at this point.

Well, alot of times when new composers come in, the main theme is still there. So I think the theme will remain, but hey, Batman's theme changed in Batman Forever.

Seeing as there heading in a new direction with the movies, I'd say get rid of the Elfman theme.

Y'all is nutz, that theme STILL gives me chills. Keep it for the next three, you can't get better than Elfman's theme.

I love Elfman's theme. It really brings out the emotional journey that Peter has been through and the obsticles that he has faced. I really would like the theme to stay, but I'm all for change and would like to hear something new.

Y'all is nutz, that theme STILL gives me chills. Keep it for the next three, you can't get better than Elfman's theme.
^This is what I think.

It's going to be weird not having a goblin theme anymore. They need to keep the main themes for Spidey and Peter atleast.

Spider-man four = Boooo!!!! I am done with the series unless they make Mysterio the vilian! he is the perfect villan for a movie, and perfect to team up with vulture or The Lizard

I wanna here something like this for the main theme:

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M9cocx7Srk0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M9cocx7Srk0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YT]

:spidey:

I wanna here something like this for the main theme:

:spidey:

If that were the direction you wanted to take it, why not Marty O'Donnell? That feels like some of the themes in the Halo series.
Honestly, I believe that preexisting themes should remain unchanged, as some earlier posters have said. But...what about John Williams for the rest of the score? May not fit, but he has such a diverse composition history, and he can cover pretty much any theme, any emotion, very artfully.
littlefootqn3.gif

Someone on the Iron man boards said a while back, that John Williams was semi-retired; and that he only composes for friends now.

Oh wow, really? I had no idea. That's disappointing, but after all he's done in his life, I guess he deserves a break.

Mostly, I don't like the bongos or whatever the freak they are in the Spider-man theme, but the whole thing I'm not nuts about. I'm a fan of Elfman, even cheered when I found out he was doing music for the first one. But I was disappointed...then again the second time....and was pleasantly surprised when I heard the Sandman and Venom theme, but still hated the Spidey theme. I want something new.

Spider-man four = Boooo!!!! I am done with the series unless they make Mysterio the vilian! he is the perfect villan for a movie, and perfect to team up with vulture or The Lizard

Mysterio's a pansy. Yeah I said it.

Mostly, I don't like the bongos or whatever the freak they are in the Spider-man theme, but the whole thing I'm not nuts about. I'm a fan of Elfman, even cheered when I found out he was doing music for the first one. But I was disappointed...then again the second time....and was pleasantly surprised when I heard the Sandman and Venom theme, but still hated the Spidey theme. I want something new.
You liked Sandman's theme more than Spidey's, Goblin's, and Ock's?:huh:
Mysterio's a pansy. Yeah I said it.
:funny:

Yeah I guess I looked before I leaped, the Ock theme had strength to it, and I don't hate the Goblin theme either. But you can't convince me otherwise on Spidey's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"