• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The NEW Wonder Woman Thread - How to Make a Tentpole Franchise

Hmm... i think Wonder Woman needs some mythology, and if they need to show battle scenes of the Amazons, it should be like TROY...

the fact that it is an invisible jet.

so you're thinking transparent jet? because indeed that would look silly.

have you ever considered that "invisible" can mean cloaked? (that btw is the latest versions of what the Invisible Jet is in the comics)

Hmm... i think Wonder Woman needs some mythology, and if they need to show battle scenes of the Amazons, it should be like TROY...

as much flack as Amazon Attacks is getting now, that would make a kick ass movie.

Steve Trevor can't be just a damsel in distress. He has to be a military hero in his own right. In fact, if you really want him to be worth loving, you probably need to have him save (or think he saved) Wonder Woman at one time or other.

I got an interesting idea the other day.

What if the movie took place in both the past (WWII) and the present. She appears to help during WWII....and when the war is over, she disappears. Then in the present....an aged Steve Trevor (still works for Military Intelligence, or CIA, or something like that) is attacked and seriously wounded....and she reappears to find the culprits.

This way....you get an older established actor in it for name recognition value, and you can have some young guy to play Steve in the war years. You'll have the original war origin and modern day stuff.

What do you think?

so you're thinking transparent jet? because indeed that would look silly.

have you ever considered that "invisible" can mean cloaked? (that btw is the latest versions of what the Invisible Jet is in the comics)
Yes. Complete stealth is what the Invisable Jet would, and should be these days. And if it's deemed worthy enough to inject into the script, thats fine with me.

I got an interesting idea the other day.

What if the movie took place in both the past (WWII) and the present. She appears to help during WWII....and when the war is over, she disappears. Then in the present....an aged Steve Trevor (still works for Military Intelligence, or CIA, or something like that) is attacked and seriously wounded....and she reappears to find the culprits.

This way....you get an older established actor in it for name recognition value, and you can have some young guy to play Steve in the war years. You'll have the original war origin and modern day stuff.

What do you think?

hmm... i like it. it would also establish the fact that she's immortal. the problem with an older Trevor though is that you might lose the chance to turn him into a love interest (which is the reason why Steve Trevor was created in the first place), i guess the trick would be in the casting for Trevor.

hmm... i like it. it would also establish the fact that she's immortal. the problem with an older Trevor though is that you might lose the chance to turn him into a love interest (which is the reason why Steve Trevor was created in the first place), i guess the trick would be in the casting for Trevor.

Thanks.

What I had in mind was....since Steve was her original love interest (and he was in WWII), and many people wanted a homage to the actual comic origin....they could have that in honor of the original stories....but then move on to new things with the possibility of a new love interest.

I haven't read any of the new Wonder Woman comics (just her appearences in things like Superman/Batman...) so I don't know....has Steve been retrofitted into the new comics?

The older Steve idea is interesting; I'd really rather not have him, or any love interest (they're often so perfunctory in these movies, and Diana is one character who I think definitely works better without them), so that could work (more like the inter-Crisis Steve, who was an older gentleman, although not that old).

Thanks.

What I had in mind was....since Steve was her original love interest (and he was in WWII), and many people wanted a homage to the actual comic origin....they could have that in honor of the original stories....but then move on to new things with the possibility of a new love interest.

I haven't read any of the new Wonder Woman comics (just her appearences in things like Superman/Batman...) so I don't know....has Steve been retrofitted into the new comics?

no Steve is still the same as the way he was in the Perez era (older than Diana, married to Etta Candy). there is a new love interest they've created in the current comics-- Agent Tom Tresser aka Nemesis. looks and personality wise? a more wise-cracking version of old school Steve Trevor.

Wouldn't Steve Trevor be like 80? Why would he be working at the CIA?

I don't think WW needs to be taller than 5'10. I would accept an actress who is 5'7 or 5'8, who can act, has experience doing fight and action scenes, has a solid, toned and sexy physique, is a cool person in real life who can promote the film to the teenagers (especially to the teen girls) and would have appeal to the over 21 and adult crowd as well. Someone who is not an overexposed star but is not an unknown either....along with being in her early to mid 20's. Man....I wonder which actress posseses all these chaacteristics? Ahem....Jessica Biel anyone?

Get Jennifer Connelly or Catherine Zeta Jones to play her mother Hippolyta. Then maybe cast someone like James Franco, Ryan Phillippe, Josh Holloway as Trevor. Cast a solid actor as the main Nazi baddie.

The key is to get a director like a Ridley Scott, Terrance Malick, maybe even Anton Fuqua to direct this EPIC. Keep the budget at around 125 million and make the amazons look like hot warrior goddess' and people will see it without a doubt

The older Steve idea is interesting; I'd really rather not have him, or any love interest (they're often so perfunctory in these movies, and Diana is one character who I think definitely works better without them), so that could work (more like the inter-Crisis Steve, who was an older gentleman, although not that old).
Thinking she doesn't need a "love interest" is why I say have the older Steve. You acknowledge the original comic's origin, establish she had a relationship with a human once and it didn't work because of her powers, and get to through in some older great actor for the role of the aged Steve.

Imagine Clint Eastwood or Kirk Douglas as modern day Trevor.

no Steve is still the same as the way he was in the Perez era (older than Diana, married to Etta Candy). there is a new love interest they've created in the current comics-- Agent Tom Tresser aka Nemesis. looks and personality wise? a more wise-cracking version of old school Steve Trevor.
Interesting. Depending on how much they want to stick with the current storyline, they could still do Steve the way I theorized....and possibly still add in the new guy.
Wouldn't Steve Trevor be like 80? Why would he be working at the CIA?
He'd be a freelancer....someone with sources and info on things that they go to now and then. You could also have a storyline where someone wants to capture WW for some reason, so attacks Steve to draw her out.

I find Nemesis to be such a one note, irritating character, that personally I feel they may as well bring back good old Steve to his former glory as WW's "love interest". Maybe after this Final Crisis thing wraps up ....

I find Nemesis to be such a one note, irritating character, that personally I feel they may as well bring back good old Steve to his former glory as WW's "love interest". Maybe after this Final Crisis thing wraps up ....

well, i for one wanted the Heinberg run to be a reboot of the whole thing and just bring back the classic characters the way they were.

Nemesis held so much promise to be a worthy successor to Steve Trevor. the problem was that soon after his introduction Picoult handled the rest of the run, which included his character development and his relationship to Diana Prince/ Wonder Woman, and Picoult for the most part is a juvie writer, hence the annoying, boy band that became of Nemesis. such a waste really.

i would accept if they made Trevor an older character....but not much older...maybe mid to late 30's instead of early 30's.

WONDER WOMAN
Screenplay by Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland
Story by Matthew Jennison, Brent Strickland and Kevin Shawley
Based on the DC Comics characters created by William Moulton Marston
130 pages

Actually upsets me a bit that WB isn't moving forward with this script. Seriously, just sign a director and start moving forward this could be ready for summer '09 if they fast tracked it. They already have a GREAT script.

The WWII setting would have been a bold movie wich in my opinion would have paid-off ten-fold. They'll be sorry when Captain America does it and makes a boat load of money... or they'll just make excuses.

Re-writing it into a generic modern-day superhero film will take away the uniqueness of the original script.

They aren't rewriting, they're doing a new storyline.

Suits me, personally, because the character has nothing to do with World War II anymore than any other hero that debuted in that era, and nothing should be done to encourage the notion that this isn't the case.

Honestly, though, I have no expectations of seeing this get made; they've been running in circles for a decade or so, to no avail.

^ Yep almost 10 years 'in the making', I can still recall Sandra Bullocks name being mentioned for the role. :wow:

I think the WWII setting would have risky but could have been worth a look, but I think the safer option would be to set it in the present or near future. Hopefully they go with an updated origin story, love to see something along the lines of BB in terms of character journey. Also love to see some sort of massive Romanesque battle sequence.

The WWII setting would have been a bold movie wich in my opinion would have paid-off ten-fold. They'll be sorry when Captain America does it and makes a boat load of money... or they'll just make excuses.

Re-writing it into a generic modern-day superhero film will take away the uniqueness of the original script.

Captain America isn't being developed as a full on World War II film, unfortunately. Kevin Feige wants a dual storyline, set in World War II and the present.

As for the film not being affected by Justice League.. didn't Silver say something akin to 'I don't think we're moving on the film because they're using for League' awhile back?

any chance Whedon will end up directing? I think he was a good choice, but maybe his script was a little to much... but if he likes the new script...?

any chance Whedon will end up directing? I think he was a good choice, but maybe his script was a little to much... but if he likes the new script...?

The chance of that happening went to zero once he left the project.

I'd love for him to still direct or write a WW movie some time despite this.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Silver will hire him back in the future. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"