World The Obama Spidey connection

As I've said in another thread, I find this to be pretty cool, if you ask me.

Yeah, it is kind of cool. I'm surprised management here hasn't posted this as an interesting little bit of copy on the front page. This site did start out as Spider-Man hype. I think it's news worthy.

Why?

I like how they're jumping on the "change" bandwagon.

Did Spidey ever "team-up" with any other Presidents?

Another article on the subject.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28580473/

And I know this opens and invites criticism but is this how badly they're drawing Spider-Man these days? Is his face and head so malformed underneath to exhibit such a misshapen mask? If so, probably why I haven't bought anything new for a long while.

Since this big news story is sure to bring in a swarm of people who don't give a $*** about comics buying up every copy, does anyone know where I can get my hands on one?

Well, if you're like me, you'll have to wait til next week. One day after getting their copies, my store was sold out today. Next week may not even be the second, but third printing.

I bet Joe Q wishes he could have Obama in every issue. He should have thought of that two years ago.

Why?

I like how they're jumping on the "change" bandwagon.

Did Spidey ever "team-up" with any other Presidents?

Well...Superman did.:o

kennedy5311.jpg

I remember Cap talking to Clinton when he was exiled from the US; & didn't Bush get owned by Magneto in "Ultimate"?

Beats me. He could use some ownage from some other super villains too.

Another article on the subject.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28580473/

And I know this opens and invites criticism but is this how badly they're drawing Spider-Man these days? Is his face and head so malformed underneath to exhibit such a misshapen mask? If so, probably why I haven't bought anything new for a long while.
Interesting article. Wow, this Obama story has started ALOT of news. I wonder how much the second printing will go for? :up:

Interesting article. Wow, this Obama story has started ALOT of news. I wonder how much the second printing will go for? :up:

Not nearly as much as the first. :csad: They are going to flood the market with this stuff, making everything but the first and second issues worthless.

And like the death & wedding of Superman, it's gonna be bombarded with people who don't even give two $***s about comics.

That Kennedy/Superman panel is great stuff. Without me going through the trouble of looking that up...I wonder what the value of that book is due to that appearance. I also wonder how this Spider-Man one will hold up as time goes by.

That Kennedy/Superman panel is great stuff. Without me going through the trouble of looking that up...I wonder what the value of that book is due to that appearance. I also wonder how this Spider-Man one will hold up as time goes by.

The first and second prints will do well in terms of value, imo. There will be a zillion third printings of ASM 583, so that will be worthless.

I think the forgotten collectors item will be the Presidential Material comic, telling the life story of Barack Obama (with cover art by J. Scott Campbell). It was printed around the time of the election and well before all of this speculating on the Spidey appearance. There is also a Presidential Material comic featuring the story of John McCain, which may become a collectors item in itself. It may be a sort of companion piece to the Obama book. It was probably pretty much ignored when it hit the book shelves,so the comic company that printed it didnt bother making any more. Thats why I think it may be the big collectors item.

I have both an Obama and McCain copy. :o

Very interesting. Was not aware of those other publications.

I'll post this now to save someone else the trouble

I see your statue and raise you a t-shirt.
stylinonline_2017_199542751_6NrG6_1.jpg

I voted for the guy, but this is a little extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"