• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official 24 Day 8 Thread! (spoilers) - Part 1

Well, with day 7 in the books, lets talk day 8.

What we know so far.

- Shooting begins on May 27th

- Season 8 will premiere on January 17th to a two night, four hour premiere.

- Right now the CONFIRMED returning cast consists of:

* Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
* Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brien
* Cherry Jones as President Allison Taylor
* Annie Wersching as Renee Walker
* Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer

- Carlos Bernard is rumored to have signed a contract for season 8, though Fox has yet to confirm this.

- Slumdog Millionaire's Anil Kapoor will join the cast as President Arman Hashemi, leader of an unnamed Middle Eastern country.

- Season 8 is set 6 weeks after season 7.

- Season 8 is set in New York City.

- CTU will be recommissioned.

- Confirmed CTU agents are "Brian Hastings," as the director. He is an "MBA type with razor sharp intellect." And he will be joined by "two young agents." None of these roles have been cast yet.

- According to Sutherland, "The finale of season 7 has a direct impact on everything that takes place in season 8."

Well, let the speculation begin :woot:

Just rewatched Season 1 over the past week.(I'm having myself a 24 marathon over the next few months) I'd forgotten how powerful that season finale was. From Senator Palmer leaving Sherry....to Jack holding Terri in his arms to close out the show. It's been about 5 years since I last watched this, so it nice to go back and re-live those memories.

edit - Could a mod change this to The Offical 24 Thread?

edit: Should have looked closer. Man, "24" was a fun program...

It sure was. I'm pretty excited about the movie. I'm real interested how they're going to construct 24 hours into a 2 hour movie. It might seem simple, but they're always used to stretching out the story.

Somehow I missed this:

Nothing can stop Jack Bauer – not terrorists, and certainly not Hollywood development hell.

The long-delayed “24” movie is set to start filming in the spring, once star Kiefer Sutherland becomes available in April, Deadline.com reported.

Twentieth Century Fox has been eying a possible film franchise based on its television division hit since before the clock ran out on the show’s eighth and final season in 2010.

Director Tony Scott once hovered around the project but has since dropped out. Intelligence reports indicate that the movie — written by Billy Ray (“State of Play”), with some tweaks from “Wolverine’s” Mark Bomback — will have Bauer causing mayhem in Europe, and that it may deviate from the show’s trademark “real time” setup.

“It’s going to be a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day, so we were not going to be restrained by the real-time aspect of the TV show,” Sutherland told Britain’s Sky magazine last year. “With the TV show we always had to have the crisis come to us because we couldn’t move.”

The actor added: “Twice we put Jack on a plane and it was a disaster. This will be different

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ack-bauer-role-article-1.987556#ixzz1ht6F6tHY

Somehow I missed this:
Thank you for that news. I thought the movie was dead but thank god it isn't. They should bring back Audrey for the movie. I think her and Jack were perfect together and they should leave Kim out of the movie. IMO she was just a waste of space. Another person they should bring back is Tony or at least save him for the sequel.

I don't want Tony to come back. I think his story is finished. I also would much rather see Kate Warner come back than Audrey.

Huffington Post said:
Kiefer Sutherland Gives '24' Movie Update, Talks New Fox Drama 'Touch'
Keifer Sutherland 24 Movie

First Posted: 1/8/12 02:33 PM ET Updated: 1/8/12 02:33 PM ET
React
Amazing
Inspiring
Funny
Scary
Hot
Crazy
Important
Weird
Follow
TV News , Reality-Free , Television , Video , 24 Movie , 24 Series Finale , Kiefer Sutherland , TV Canada , TV Spoilers , Canada Tv , Kiefer Sutherland 24 , Kiefer Sutherland 24 Movie , Kiefer Sutherland Touch , Touch Fox , TV News
share this story
Get TV Alerts
Submit this story

Kiefer Sutherland finally gave fans of Fox's real-time terrorism drama "24" the answers that they've been waiting for, while addressing a group of reporters at the 2012 Television Critics Association winter press tour.

"We will be shooting end of April or beginning of May," said Sutherland, via a tweet from TV Guide. He then added that the movie will be “relatively a direct continuation" after the "24" finale. "We’re talking maybe six months from the end of that episode,” reports TVLine.

Similar to the series, the film will follow a 24-hour crisis period for the Counter Terrorist Unit.

Meanwhile, Sutherland also adressed his return to the Fox Network in the new midseason drama, "Touch." The actor revealed that he had no intention of returning to TV, until he read the "Touch" script," which he connected to on a "personal level," TV Guide reported via tweet.

"Touch" stars Sutherland as Martin Bohm, a former journalist and luggage handler whose wife was killed in the September 11 attacks. His son, played by David Mazouz, is an autistic and mute boy, who is obsessed with numbers and can predict future events.

During the TCA panel, Sutherland told the group of reporters: "The real driving force for my character is simply communicating with my son."

"Touch" premieres March 19 on Fox.

Yayyyyy. Also, "Touch" looks cool so far.

I'm so excited, I feel like this movie could give proper closure to the series. The way season 8 ended left me...unsatisfied. I cannot wait but...Sutherland says they will shoot in April/May but...they have no director yet?!

Yayyyyy. Also, "Touch" looks cool so far.

I'm real interested in his new show as well.

I'm still on my 24 marathon. Half way through season 5(probably my favorite season). Edgar. :csad:

The movie sounds like potential for a new beginining, perhaps a trilogy.

They'll have to make the connections to the storylines of S8 vague if they want to draw in new audiences who never watched the series.

I'm real interested in his new show as well.

I'm still on my 24 marathon. Half way through season 5(probably my favorite season). Edgar. :csad:

That was honestly the saddest death in the whole series for me :(

The film has been postponed! May have to wait until late 2013 or 2014 for the film now, if it ever gets going. Fox is penny pinching so if the film does happen it would look cheap and out of place against other action films.

UPDATE: Intrigue Behind Stopping The Ticking Clock On ’24′ Movie

By MIKE FLEMING | Wednesday March 14, 2012 @ 2:16pm

UPDATE, 11:16 PM: The 24 movie postponement broken by Deadline this morning is getting interesting. Word is racing around agency circles that Kiefer Sutherland was not only unhappy about the pic’s postponement, but also what I’d heard was a $1 million offer to play Jack Bauer in a deal that was heavily back-loaded to reward success. Insiders said that Sutherland would have gotten at least $2 million, though that was below his original $5 million and then $3 million ask. Fox wanted a budget around $30 million, while the filmmakers wanted $45 million to $60 million. Fox’s idea was always to make the film at a cost, and reward in the upside. The studio’s proposal, made a couple weeks ago, wasn’t addressed until this week, and when the crap hit the fan yesterday, the studio felt there wasn’t enough time to pull the picture off in seven weeks of prep. The studio was following its experience with X-Files, a TV property turned into a hit film, but made at a cautious budget. I’m told that Fuqua’s deal hadn’t been made yet. Sutherland, Imagine and Fuqua stood to reap up to about 25% of the proceeds after breakeven, to make up for the low upfront payments. I reached out for comment to Sutherland and Imagine this morning, but no one returned yet.

EARLIER EXCLUSIVE, 7:40 AM: I’m hearing that fans of the Fox series 24 are going to have to continue waiting for the long-awaited 24 feature film. 20th Century Fox isn’t going forward with the film this year. It hadn’t been greenlit, but it was scheduled to get going in late March, with Kiefer Sutherland jumping into Jack Bauer mode when his new series Touch goes on hiatus in April. The studio was zeroing in on a director — Antoine Fuqua was the most recent conversation I’d heard of — when the decision was made this week to not go forward, at least this year.

There are rumors this came down to budget and that Sutherland is upset because he was sparked up to resume his role as the rough-and-tumble government operative, who over eight seasons prevented numerous apocalyptic terror attacks. Studio insiders tell me Fox wasn’t convinced it had enough time to complete the film before Sutherland has to go back to work on Touch‘s second season, and didn’t want to rush and neither did Sutherland. The picture is being produced by Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer and Sutherland and they have a script written by Billy Ray, and polished by Mark Bomback. It’s ready to go.

The big question is whether Fox will continue working on the film and readying it for Sutherland’s next hiatus. Having been a big fan of the series, I am disappointed. I’ve heard that Ray constructed the script to play out in a three-picture arc. Maybe it was the real-time format, or perhaps the writing and endless cliffhangers, but the twists and turns and intensity created a blood pressure-spiking viewer experience that was unmatched — at least until AMC unveiled The Walking Dead. It seems a natural transition to features, with the potential to turn into a Die Hard-type action franchise.

Giving the picture some hope is Grazer’s inability to take no for an answer. American Gangster was scrapped and then came back together and turned into a memorable crime drama. And Grazer, Ron Howard, Akiva Goldsman and Stephen King are now firming up a deal for The Dark Tower at Warner Bros, which will put the picture on course to begin production in the first quarter of 2013 after Universal last year rejected the ambitious plan to make three movies and two limited-run TV series that could land at HBO.

24 Movie postponed? Fox always knows how to out-fail themselves...

This is really discouraging. I don't wana be pessimistic but i feel like at this rate, the movie is never going to happen. I mean if Fox waits too long then people aren't going to really care anymore, they need to strike while the iron is still hot with this franchise and not to mention while Sutherland is still willing to do it. If they wait too long i think Kiefer'll lose his enthusiasm and he'll just be like "f*** it".

I was really looking forward to this movie, more than anything I was hoping it would tie up loose ends and give us proper closure on the series. Jack Bauer deserves a happy ending dammit!

I hate Fox, but if their concern is the time between the filming of 'Touch' as being too short, then it's a legitimate concern, and i don't think any of us want a movie that was rushed.

On the other hand, if they're post-poning this simply because Keifer wants more money (1 million seems really low imo), then screw Fox!

I feel like Kiefer would be willing to take the lower salary, he's seemed very enthusiastic about doing this movie from day 1.

What if they canceled Touch for a trilogy of movies ? I would rather get Touch canceled. Then not have a 24 movie

Fox is really pushing Touch. Let's hope it lives up to the hype...

**** Touch if that ruins the 24 movie(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"