The Official Tom Welling Thread - Part 1

Wow.
I tried to start one in Super-World, but that got closed too. I thought Super-World was a place to post ANYTHING Superman related. Guess not. Anyway, as I said in that thread, the Welling thread in the Superman boards was closed, but I found it to be more of a community thread than a casting thread. So in the spirit of community, I thought it deserved a second life. With nearly 8000 posts, it was the largest thread on the Superman movie forum. And I see no reason it shouldn't keep going. Remember, the movie isn't out until 2006, but Welling is playing young Superman RIGHT NOW!

To start things off, here's the clip of Flash's and Clark's race from "Run." I found it on K-site's message board:
http://www.pondwater.net/smallville-flash.mpg

Season 10 poster
season10clark.jpg

Nice job...

Here's a Welling version of my Joe Mag manip:
wellsupes-1.jpg

^^Thanks. good job too.

Last edited:
Cool new season ten posters. Also I really want it cleared up. Is this thread manager guy a real mod or not.

Best shots of Clark wearing that red shield jacket. It looks like whatever Lois suggested for his secret identity must've been shot down. :super:

Some cool stuff from a recent interview with Gough and Millar. The article's about their reboot of "Charlie's Angels," but they have some choice words about casting Welling as Superman:

GOUGH: There’s a lot of people watching. It’s a big thing to cast. It’s not a normal pilot, where you’re casting in anonymity.

MILLAR: With Smallville, it was the same thing. It took even longer to cast Tom [Welling] in that role.

GOUGH: We had Kristin [Kreuk] first.

MILLAR: Tom and Jensen Ackles (from Supernatural) were the final two for that role, but Tom really was Superman. We had looked everywhere, and he came in and we were like, “Okay, this is the guy.”

GOUGH: And then, [Michael] Rosenbaum was the last piece of that puzzle, as Lex Luthor. That was a week before we started shooting that we got him. Casting is always very tricky.

MILLAR: You can never settle. You’ve always got to find the best actors.

http://collider.com/al-gough-miles-millar-interview-charlies-angels/73948/

I seem to recall them saying that many yrs ago too. It is always fun learning how casting could have gone/how it did go for films/tv shows.

Welling should really be allowed to be Superman for an entire episode, in that costume.

I hope so too. Or at least half of the finale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, he just needs to get the hair slicked a bit now.

The glasses do look good on tom. Now its time to see at least a scene or two in the remaining episodes with clark working at dp with them on lol.

should have done it years ago.............but I'm happy he's got em now :)

I have said it before really wished they had him keep glasses back in season 3 when he was blinded. So lois/jimmy(fake), and other dc characters wouldn't have been an issue. And he wore tem at school. And then wouldn't when home with jonathan and martha and hanging at kent house with pete.

I have said it before really wished they had him keep glasses back in season 3 when he was blinded. So lois/jimmy(fake), and other dc characters wouldn't have been an issue. And he wore tem at school. And then wouldn't when home with jonathan and martha and hanging at kent house with pete.

very true, and he even kept those glasses saying that he might need them again one day............does he even remember about them or are they somewhere in the barn collecting dust lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"