Tom Welling as Superman 2.0

Coming Soon ?? :woot:

SOONJPG.jpg

Awesome manip Montage ^^ :up:

As an old fan who has rediscovered Smallville this year I can only say that this season has been great. I can't believe how they've managed to complete the turnover from teenage angst BS to real Superman mythos. That IS Lois Lane. That IS Clark Kent/Superman. I'm on board, the cast looks amazing and should graduate to the next feature film whenever that hits.

As an old fan who has rediscovered Smallville this year I can only say that this season has been great. I can't believe how they've managed to complete the turnover from teenage angst BS to real Superman mythos. That IS Lois Lane. That IS Clark Kent/Superman. I'm on board, the cast looks amazing and should graduate to the next feature film whenever that hits.

Quoted for Truth.

:up: :super:

I just wanna say, for all the crap Welling got from the haters about "besmirching the Superman franchise" and "refusing to wear the tights for fear of typecasting", I think it's rather telling that the Supermanliest season happens to be the season Tom is an executive producer. I'm just sayin'.

I just wanna say, for all the crap Welling got from the haters about "besmirching the Superman franchise" and "refusing to wear the tights for fear of typecasting", I think it's rather telling that the Supermanliest season happens to be the season Tom is an executive producer. I'm just sayin'.

A very good point, Raku. :up:

kejad5.jpg

Durance & Welling have just been down right phenomenal as Lois & Clark . It started last season when Lois took her rightful place as the leading lady and just soared to new incredible heights this season. Erica & Tom have amazing on screen chemistry and you can see that the writers are capitalizing on this very strong point especially in their playful bantering.

Another strong point is how the writers and directors have take panels from the comics and have done an impressive job in bring them to life visually.
eb29m0.jpg

2gxn3bc.jpg

2rz2l35.jpg

Even thought this series is still called SMALLVILLE, make no mistake this series is METROPOLIS now . The direction of the series has taken a drastic change towards falling in place with 70 years worth of stories from SUPERMAN MYTHOLOGY .

The closer Clark gets with Lois, the closer he takes the necessary steps to fully embracing his destiny as SUPERMAN .

Lois just continues to shine . She's really come along way as a reporter (It's only matter of time before she gets her
Pulitzer prize award)

I love the shots of Lois and Clark in the Planet, at each other's desks. It's so... right. Great comparison shots with the comic panels. :up:

I agree. I'm loving the nods, but I have to say that after seeing "THE GLASSES!" I am really hoping they become a part of Clark's usual wardrobe from now on. Although I doubt it.

totally things have been shaping up very nicely for lois and clark last season and this season. As for the show being called smallville still i have no problem at all. The heart of the show is always been about clark's journy into the man who will be "Superman" and big deal the show is called smallville and they are not in smallville much any more. It is still seen/mentioned here and there, plus smallville is one of lois's many nicknames for clark.

Tom and SV are mentioned in the comments, so I think this is an appropriate thread for it.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/2009/11/25/superman_franchise_on_the_rocks/

This is exactly what I was talking about in my popcultureshock article. It pissed me off so much that WB execs are the ones bemoaning the fact that making a modern Superman flick is "tricky." Um, SV's been doing it on a weekly basis for the last decade! Heck, I say give Peterson/Souders (with an assist by Geoff Johns) the keys to the movie franchise.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my popcultureshock article. It pissed me off so much that WB execs are the ones bemoaning the fact that making a modern Superman flick is "tricky." Um, SV's been doing it on a weekly basis for the last decade! Heck, I say give Peterson/Souders (with an assist by Geoff Johns) the keys to the movie franchise.

I'm not sure I'm ready to hand over the reins of a movie project to Peterson/Souders, but I do wish SV, and Tom Welling would get a little more credit for how many years, and how many hours they have been keeping the franchise alive.

It's remarkable for ANY television show to last as long as SV has, let alone one about a comic superhero.

I'm not sure I'm ready to hand over the reins of a movie project to Peterson/Souders, but I do wish SV, and Tom Welling would get a little more credit for how many years, and how many hours they have been keeping the franchise alive.

It's remarkable for ANY television show to last as long as SV has, let alone one about a comic superhero.

quoted for truth

:up:

I think a comic book writer with some script experience, like Geoff Johns, should be the way to go.

:super:

The spinning-off the show clearly would be WB's best bet, but the chances of them using common sense, less likely :(

yea at this rate taking sv to motion picture would b easiest thing to go with. i hate that sups is in such a rough place. legal issues and execs indecisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"