Tom Welling as Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
this superman movie will definitely not be related to Smallville...

Actually, this could bode well for a Smallville movie. Smallville already has a lot of the pre-production for a movie done. Just have to switch from tv to theatrical. And a 2011 release would allow a season 9 then proceed to film a movie for 2011.

With luck it won't be related to Routh or Superman Returns either.

Actually, this could bode well for a Smallville movie. Smallville already has a lot of the pre-production for a movie done. Just have to switch from tv to theatrical. And a 2011 release would allow a season 9 then proceed to film a movie for 2011.

A Smallville movie in thearters?:hehe: No! Alot of people want this seires to end how you think they will feel for a Smallville movie. Plus its not even based off real Superman events just made up esleworlds comics. Also Tom Welling also won't even put the suit on so how that also gonna work for a movie?

I mean if they do the movie right then it can be great but they will just **** it all up and be worst then Superman Returns was. Then Superman franchise will be in a deeper hole then what it already heading towards.

A Smallville movie in thearters?:hehe: No! Alot of people want this seires to end how you think they will feel for a Smallville movie. Plus its not even based off real Superman events just made up esleworlds comics. Also Tom Welling also won't even put the suit on so how that also gonna work for a movie?

I mean if they do the movie right then it can be great but they will just **** it all up and be worst then Superman Returns was. Then Superman franchise will be in a deeper hole then what it already heading towards.

There are rumors he will be wearing the suit in season 9... hoepfulyl this is true.

Ausiello said the :super: would be on his chest, I'm not sure that necessarily means he'll be wearing the suit.

Yes, I probably should cancel the google and yahoo alerts I have, way too many spoilers end up in the description of the news items.

:(

Ausiello said the :super: would be on his chest, I'm not sure that necessarily means he'll be wearing the suit.

Yes, I probably should cancel the google and yahoo alerts I have, way too many spoilers end up in the description of the news items.
:wow: I am intrigued..

Don't...want...to... read... spoilers..... just....yet.... MUST... RESIST!... :woot:

I don't know. Smallville and SR polarizes fans too much. If they are really serious about this, they better start fresh.

2 things:

1. The judge said they have to be in production by 2011 not a theatrical release by then. Theoretically they could go into production in late 2011 and we wouldn't see a film until 2013 if schedules dictated.

2. This is monumentally bad news for the Superman franchise if you look below the surface. For one, it motivates the studio to make a movie quickly. Second, it's in their interests to make it cheap. Given that SR wasn't highly profitable for them and the overall economy is in the toilet still, they wont green light a big $150+ million budget Superman and risk losing 10's of millions of dollars just to save themselves from having to pay out a few million in damages to Siegel and Shuster. Knowing WB like we know them, they'll put out something that's barely passable as a Superman film for the sake of avoiding the damages and maintaining the property. I wonder when George Miller's phone will start ringing?

2 things:

1. The judge said they have to be in production by 2011 not a theatrical release by then. Theoretically they could go into production in late 2011 and we wouldn't see a film until 2013 if schedules dictated.

2. This is monumentally bad news for the Superman franchise if you look below the surface. For one, it motivates the studio to make a movie quickly. Second, it's in their interests to make it cheap. Given that SR wasn't highly profitable for them and the overall economy is in the toilet still, they wont green light a big $150+ million budget Superman and risk losing 10's of millions of dollars just to save themselves from having to pay out a few million in damages to Siegel and Shuster. Knowing WB like we know them, they'll put out something that's barely passable as a Superman film for the sake of avoiding the damages and maintaining the property. I wonder when George Miller's phone will start ringing?

Well they should just do a Smallville movie then. If Clark gonna be Superman finally in season 9 and if its the finally season they can get a movie done by 2012.

Good thing about this is they already have a cast and location set for the films. All they would need is a story which will not take long since they had 9 seasons of stories with half of Superman's rogue gallery exposed already.

Also they would need no orgin since Clark already had his in the show and Smallville is popular and oen of the best television shows on tv today. So if they do the movie right be awesome. I say have a reference to Darkseid for season 9 then have him be the main villian in the Smallville movie. We would finally get a Superman fighting someone with the power he has.

they could do that Superman movie proposed by mark millar...

:(

Heh, I saw this in a quote, and I was like "Maaaan, Trip is going to be maaaad." then I was like "wait a sec.... she just posted that."

2 things:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this view. Everyone else seems to be celebrating the deadline, but nothing ever good comes from these things. I don't know if they can, but I figured they might try to release an animated Superman movie into theaters, much like Mask of the Phantasm. It could still be a quality production, it leaves room to develop the live action version, and it fulfills the agreement(I think).

I think a large-scale animated film would/could be great, but that's just me. If it had any of the heart and class of Mask of the Phantasm, I'd be happy. Load it up with some big name voices, and pray to God it steers far away from anything resembling Superman: Doomsday.

Also, get a real orchestral score (much like MOTP's wonderful Shirley Walker score).

Well i been offline last day and a half but read about the whole court case earlier today. As for what this means i am a bit confused with all the details about what it all means for wb, dc comics, and both familes.

As much as i would love to see a big screen superman film based off the series its very doubtful it would happen. As for the rumored tv movie i still could see that happening. But since its stated wb has to do a film and have it in production by 2011 to not be sued by the siegels with the copyright i fear what wb would do.

We know singer likely has been gone for awhile since we know routh gone from being on contract. know just as much some fans hate smallville a good majority of fans hated SR. I would hate to really see them suck back to singer just to be able to have production halfway set to get moving faster.

But if the families are to own the rights come 2013 and if wb/dc cant make a new deal to keep the character at their companies what would be the point to even trying to do another movie if they would not be able to do another afterwards?

Then what it would be to start from the bottom up again. We know they have had problems for last decade and a half to get superman on screen again. But i rather see new people come on board and do a better film that us fans and the general fans can all see and enjoy and fix the spilt in the fans SR caused.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this view. Everyone else seems to be celebrating the deadline, but nothing ever good comes from these things. I don't know if they can, but I figured they might try to release an animated Superman movie into theaters, much like Mask of the Phantasm. It could still be a quality production, it leaves room to develop the live action version, and it fulfills the agreement(I think).

Mask of the Phantasm was released in movies? Thought that was a straight to DVD thing.

Well i been offline last day and a half but read about the whole court case earlier today. As for what this means i am a bit confused with all the details about what it all means for wb, dc comics, and both familes.

As much as i would love to see a big screen superman film based off the series its very doubtful it would happen. As for the rumored tv movie i still could see that happening. But since its stated wb has to do a film and have it in production by 2011 to not be sued by the siegels with the copyright i fear what wb would do.

We know singer likely has been gone for awhile since we know routh gone from being on contract. know just as much some fans hate smallville a good majority of fans hated SR. I would hate to really see them suck back to singer just to be able to have production halfway set to get moving faster.

But if the families are to own the rights come 2013 and if wb/dc cant make a new deal to keep the character at their companies what would be the point to even trying to do another movie if they would not be able to do another afterwards?

Then what it would be to start from the bottom up again. We know they have had problems for last decade and a half to get superman on screen again. But i rather see new people come on board and do a better film that us fans and the general fans can all see and enjoy and fix the spilt in the fans SR caused.

What split in the fans did SR cause?

Anyways a Smallville movie to thearters be best. I mean they have everything down pat. Plus majority of people love Smallvile. Also all that need to happen is Clark be Superman. And he can be that in season 9 then for the movie already be him.

Also A Smallville movie might be good you never know. The cast can act.

The spilt is we got majority of fans who didnt like what bryan singer did, brandon routh's take on superman. The other is fans who did like what singer did. Its widely known that Sr spilt the superman fans up.

Mask of the Phantasm was released in movies? Thought that was a straight to DVD thing.

It was originally supposed to be straight to video, but it was later decided that the film should have a theatrical release.

What was Mark Miller proposed Superman film?

he said it is supposed to be this epic trilogy that chronicles the life of Superman. It starts on krytpon and ends with Superman being the last one on earth. He said he had an American director in mind who was willing to shoot it with him. I always thought he was referring to Michael Bay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"