• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

giphy.gif

I'm excited for this, I never expected another season of Hawkeye with their recent "back to the drawing board" mentality. I'd have thought they'd have continued Kate's story through Young Avengers and other projects.

I see the problems, but I'm unsure of what to do with it. It's not going to go away. What do you suggest?
It should be outlawed since it's theft, but in the meantime anyone who promotes or uses it should be shamed and discouraged so that it can go away. It's a joke and an embarrassment to the word art.

It should be outlawed since it's theft, but in the meantime anyone who promotes or uses it should be shamed and discouraged so that it can go away. It's a joke and an embarrassment to the word art.
I see your point that it's theft, I think it's fair. Given that, I will not be posting AI "art" about cultural properties indefinitely. Thank you for sharing.

The Raid? THE RAID?

On one hand, I'm glad someone mentioned The Raid instead of saying John Wick for the 12 millionth time, but on the other hand, I heavily doubt it will be anything close to what they did in The Raid.
I'm more curious if they'll be able to sustain the action taking place in one location over 6 episodes (at least I assume it's 6). A movie is one thing but stretching it out over 4+ hours could get stale depending on where it takes place.

Yeah I think it's just sticking to the concept of being stuck in one location rather than having 6 episodes of pure fighting. Basically, they actually wanted to say is they want Die Hard with Hawkeye.

Great to see X-Men '97 getting so much love. I know some folks were cautiously optimistic for the series so to see this much excitement over the show is making me a bit misty :oldrazz:

Just wondering now how this all fits together. I'm definitely part of the camp that wants to see more segregation now between the movie/animated/live action series sides of the MCU. I think that whole everything must be connected thing is starting to bite Marvel in the butt a bit lately so allowing different sections of the franchise to be more their own 'thing' might be a better strategy moving forward :word:

As for Fantastic Four, I'm still curious if Marvel is gonna flinch or hold on to that July 25 release date. Something is telling me that Superman Legacy is gonna be huge. Like, steamroll everything in its path huge. I have nothing to base this assumption on, just fan intuition...

If I'm right, releasing Fantastic Four just two weeks later might end up being a bad move for Marvel....

Sidebar: Wiki is now showing the film as just Superman, not Superman Legacy anymore. Was there an official name change that I missed?

confused-superman.gif

Yes, when Gunn released the first tease of the shield on the first day of filming, he said the title was just Superman.

Still not sure how I feel about that. The Legacy subtitle gave it more of its own identity as opposed to us now having to call it Superman '25. I guess they could always retitle it before it comes out. On the other hand, Superman: Legacy does sort of sound like a more appropriate title for the last Superman film in a series as opposed to the first one out of the gate.

Ultimately the title isn't a huge deal, the more important thing is if the movie is good. Hot take incoming: Like many, I consider Batman Begins to be in the upper echelon of comic book movies but I was never much of a fan of that title. It's fine but I feel like there's a better one out there that went unused and it especially sticks out as a title next to The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Batman Begins was, is, and will always be, a terrible title. Especially in hindsight with the other two having "The Dark Knight" in their titles, it just sticks out even more lol.

I didn't mind "Legacy" but I was low-key a bit relieved it got changed. Especially since everyone refers to the '78 one as "Superman: The Movie" anyway, I like having this one just be "Superman." Nothing signifies a fresh start more than that, imo.

706ec3ca-8360-4354-8aa9-2a337006f98a_text.gif

Still not sure how I feel about that. The Legacy subtitle gave it more of its own identity as opposed to us now having to call it Superman '25. I guess they could always retitle it before it comes out. On the other hand, Superman: Legacy does sort of sound like a more appropriate title for the last Superman film in a series as opposed to the first one out of the gate.

Ultimately the title isn't a huge deal, the more important thing is if the movie is good. Hot take incoming: Like many, I consider Batman Begins to be in the upper echelon of comic book movies but I was never much of a fan of that title. It's fine but I feel like there's a better one out there that went unused and it especially sticks out as a title next to The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.
Didn't Gunn say he was hired to do Superman before he became head of DC Studios? It's possible the Legacy subtitle was leftover from whatever intial idea he had for the movie before he became in charge of everything.

Are there other movies that have Begins in the title? Beginning or Beginnings does not count.

Batman Begins was, is, and will always be, a terrible title. Especially in hindsight with the other two having "The Dark Knight" in their titles, it just sticks out even more lol.
boba-fett-star-wars.gif

I think the last time I brought that up on here I was met with a lot of vitriol, as if I was telling a bunch of Swifties that Jake Gyllenhaal did nothing wrong or something. But now that I think about it I probably brought it up on the Batboards so I guess I should have seen and had that coming. :o

Didn't Gunn say he was hired to do Superman before he became head of DC Studios? It's possible the Legacy subtitle was leftover from whatever intial idea he had for the movie before he became in charge of everything.
Possibly. Part of me would think that he'd want to use a more unique title, but then again he was also fine with calling his last DC movie "The Suicide Squad", which incidentally is another comic book movie I really like that could have had a better title.

Are there other movies that have Begins in the title? Beginning or Beginnings does not count.
I don't think so. That's what makes it stand out so much. Only other one I can think of that's close to it is Begin Again.

In hindsight I actually think that if TDKR had been titled Batman Rises or something like that it would look better as a trilogy. You have The Dark Knight as the dynamic middle chapter with two Batman titles bookending it.

And if you MUST use "Begins" in your title, even The Dark Knight Begins sounds better because you've got that whole Knight/Night double-meaning working for ya. Batman Begins just makes me go "Batman Begins to...what? Be Batman?"

boba-fett-star-wars.gif

I think the last time I brought that up on here I was met with a lot of vitriol, as if I was telling a bunch of Swifties that Jake Gyllenhaal did nothing wrong or something. But now that I think about it I probably brought it up on the Batboards so I guess I should have seen and had that coming. :o

Possibly. Part of me would think that he'd want to use a more unique title, but then again he was also fine with calling his last DC movie "The Suicide Squad", which incidentally is another comic book movie I really like that could have had a better title.

I don't think so. That's what makes it stand out so much. Only other one I can think of that's close to it is Begin Again.

In hindsight I actually think that if TDKR had been titled Batman Rises or something like that it would look better as a trilogy. You have The Dark Knight as the dynamic middle chapter with two Batman titles bookending it.
You think the Bat Boards were bad cause you thought BB has a poor title, try being there and saying The Dark Knight Rises sucked :o

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hannnnman
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"