The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I actually would've kept TDK as TDK, and started with "Rises."

The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Returns

Obviously they wanted to avoid confusion with The Dark Knight Returns, but whatever. It would've become the more famous Dark Knight Returns and anything that slights Frank Miller would've brought me joy. :o

The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Returns

Obviously they wanted to avoid confusion with The Dark Knight Returns, but whatever. It would've become the more famous Dark Knight Returns and anything that slights Frank Miller would've brought me joy. :o
I like that idea. I had also thought of starting with Begins being called The Dark Knight and the middle movie being called The Dark Knight Falls or something like that, but I didn't like that either because The Dark Knight is such a perfect title for that specific movie.

It's also not lost on me that Batman Returns would have been a great title for The Dark Knight Rises and actually would have made more sense within the context of the movie. I love the title Batman Returns but what exactly is he returning from? He didn't go anywhere since the previous movie. :o

You think the Bat Boards were bad cause you thought BB has a poor title, try being there and saying The Dark Knight Rises sucked :o
Oh I got chewed out shortly after TDK came out on the Batboards for criticizing the boat captain's line, "We're still here. That means they haven't killed us yet either." It was a stupid line then and it's a stupid line now and I'll die on that hill. :o

I also remember there was an incredibly stupid debate about what The Joker said in the interrogation room after the cop tells him "You killed six of my friends." In the scene Joker very clearly and obviously mouths "Six?" to antagonize him but there was a worrying amount of people on the boards who thought that the Joker was mouthing "Ten" as if to correct him and say that he actually killed more of his friends that he didn't know about. Makes total sense to me!

I like that idea. I had also thought of starting with Begins being called The Dark Knight and the middle movie being called The Dark Knight Falls or something like that, but I didn't like that either because The Dark Knight is such a perfect title for that specific movie.

It's also not lost on me that Batman Returns would have been a great title for The Dark Knight Rises and actually would have made more sense within the context of the movie. I love the title Batman Returns but what exactly is he returning from? He didn't go anywhere since the previous movie. :o

Oh I got chewed out shortly after TDK came out on the Batboards for criticizing the boat captain's line, "We're still here. That means they haven't killed us yet either." It was a stupid line then and it's a stupid line now and I'll die on that hill. :o

I also remember there was an incredibly stupid debate about what The Joker said in the interrogation room after the cop tells him "You killed six of my friends." In the scene Joker very clearly and obviously mouths "Six?" to antagonize him but there was a worrying amount of people on the boards who thought that the Joker was mouthing "Ten" as if to correct him and say that he actually killed more of his friends that he didn't know about. Makes total sense to me!
Oh, the Six vs Ten debate...dark times. On FB, I was called racist cause I said Tenet sucked. Literally all I said. So, I have a dislike of both Batman and Christopher Nolan fans

Oh, the Six vs Ten debate...dark times. On FB, I was called racist cause I said Tenet sucked. Literally all I said. So, I have a dislike of both Batman and Christopher Nolan fans
That's insane about the Tenet post because from what I've seen that's one that even people who liked it seemed to be fine with criticism about it. But on the other hand, it's FB and that's only become more of a cesspool second only to Twitter.

But yeah, Nolan did have a bit of a cult-like following on these boards in the past where you were attacked if you criticized anything he did. It was worse during the height of the TDK trilogy but it cooled off gradually afterwards. Still nowhere near as bad as a certain other director's fanbase.

Nolan is racist for not giving his first black lead an actual ****ing name. :o
Wait a minute...you're telling me all of the characters had names in Tenet? :o

giphy.gif

I forgot the Silk show existed. Last we heard was a rumor that they wanted to retool the show to be for a male audience instead of a female audience, perhaps after the failure of Madame Web.

See also:

I've been the primary mod on several different superhero's movies that had rabid fans.....the rudest were the Batfans during the Nolan trilogy. The crazies on the Superman Returns boards come in second.

I've been the primary mod on several different superhero's movies that had rabid fans.....the rudest were the Batfans during the Nolan trilogy. The crazies on the Superman Returns boards come in second.
The Superman Returns boards were before my time but I remember when that movie came out a user on another forum I frequented claimed it to be "the greatest superhero movie ever made", which I thought was insane even then. Sure, the superhero movie landscape at the time wasn't as populated as it is now but Superman, Superman II, Batman '89, Batman Returns, X-Men, X2, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, The Incredibles and Batman Begins all existed so even the mere thought of Superman Returns being better than all of those is laughable.

The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Returns

It's not like we were going to get a Dark Knight Returns. Thanks Snyder.

There is also the fact that Superman Returns suuuuuuuuuuuuucks

It's like playing the lottery of trying to land on what I feel is the only watchable part of SR when it's on tv, the plane rescue.

To me Superman Returns wasn't a complete and total misfire but anything good in it was very few and far between. Between Clark being a creepy stalker, Lois being entirely miscast and the movie just being a bore more often than not, for Superman's
first movie in almost two decades it sure was a disappointment.

Snyder or not, I'd go with Man of Steel over Superman Returns any day. I know it's not saying much, but still. :o

It's interesting, I'm sitting here watching the '78 film right now, and I had almost forgotten how much Man of Steel really is just a Goyer/Snyderized direct remake of Superman and Superman II combined.

Crazy to think Gunn's Superman is looking like it will the first Superman flick we've gotten in my entire lifetime that's NOT directly based on Donner's film. :wow:

Lex Luthor belongs in every Superman movie ever. Every other thing we've heard about the story to this bears zero resemblance.
Luthor I understand but Otis and Miss Tessmacher being involved is a little on the nose.

Not that I think the plot will resemble the Donner movies but I do wonder why he's bringing them into it as well.

Luthor I understand but Otis and Miss Tessmacher being involved is a little on the nose.
I mean they're Lex's lackeys in comics and other media too. They were introduced in the '78 film but they're literally just part of the lore at this point.

Most importantly, no origin story, and NO. F***ING. ZOD. FINALLY. Something f***ing new.

hallelujah-icegif-7.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"