Supergirl The Official Alexandra "Alex" Danvers/Chyler Leigh Thread

Wildcard

Cataclysmic Titan
Reaction score
107023_wb_0488b.jpg

Didn't see a thread for her and she's probably my favorite character on the show so...yeah, here we are. :woot:

Wonderful character, wonderful actress. Very impressed by Chyler.

I wonder if we'll ever see her in anything other than a black outfit. Even when she dressed up for her dinner date, she wore a black dress. (A nod to MIB?)

In many ways, she carries Supergirl on her shoulders, but no one ever seems to carry Alex. I see her breaking down one day; there will come a day when she needs to lean on someone else because she just tries too hard to be the support for Kara.

Many speculated prior to the show starting that Alex could end up turning 'bad' at somepoint in the show (which I think may have had more to do with the Lex in her name than anything) and given recent episodes her lack of care for Bizarro and killing Astra have shown that he does have a darker side. I think it's clear there is gonna be some major tension between Kara and Alex eventually when she finds out about Astra. I don't personally think Alex will ever go full on bad guy but I think there will definitely be a huge strain between the sisters in the series as it wears on and it will be interesting to see where that leads.

I hope not, it'd be a waste of her character, imo. I don't mind a strained relationship but if she were to turn into a bad guy I think it'd be a bad decision. She's better served as an ally than an enemy. Again, just my opinion.

Hulk I am with you 100% on this. The relationship with Alex and Kara is the backbone of this show. Kill that off, you've killed the show. Strain it yes, go through the ups and downs. But a heel turn...MAJOR JUMP THE SHARK!

I hope not, it'd be a waste of her character, imo. I don't mind a strained relationship but if she were to turn into a bad guy I think it'd be a bad decision. She's better served as an ally than an enemy. Again, just my opinion.

Turning into a bad guy us not what I was saying. I was simply pointing out that she has shown darkness at times and it will put a strain on their relationship. Even if they did try to turn her into a bad guy I don't think it would work at all.

Hulk I am with you 100% on this. The relationship with Alex and Kara is the backbone of this show. Kill that off, you've killed the show. Strain it yes, go through the ups and downs. But a heel turn...MAJOR JUMP THE SHARK!

If you actually read what I put I didn't say shed turn heel. I simply mentioned that people had assumed as such prior to the show even airing. I was merely stating that she's shown signs of darkness, in no way do I think she'll turn bad.

She's not going to go bad as in a villain....I do however think that she will have some demons to conquer within herself.

And I wonder if those demons have to do with her supposedly deceased father Jeremiah.

Turning into a bad guy us not what I was saying. I was simply pointing out that she has shown darkness at times and it will put a strain on their relationship. Even if they did try to turn her into a bad guy I don't think it would work at all.

I know you weren't saying you're going for it & I got what you meant, I was just speaking in general towards anyone who might actually be pushing for that theory to become a reality on the show.

But yeah, it wouldn't work. I could see them having a season where Alex & Kara are in a very hectic, strained place while still being on the same side. But they'll always come back to each other.

And there's always the inevitable episode where Alex inadvertently gets Supergirl's powers. What happens then? :sly:

I know you weren't saying you're going for it & I got what you meant, I was just speaking in general towards anyone who might actually be pushing for that theory to become a reality on the show.

But yeah, it wouldn't work. I could see them having a season where Alex & Kara are in a very hectic, strained place while still being on the same side. But they'll always come back to each other.

And there's always the inevitable episode where Alex inadvertently gets Supergirl's powers. What happens then? :sly:

Please accept my apologies then.

Yeah that will probably happen :woot:

And there's always the inevitable episode where Alex inadvertently gets Supergirl's powers. What happens then?

Well that would be a sign of desperation just to use Red Kryptonite...shades of say Ultra Woman from Lois and Clark.

Please accept my apologies then.

Yeah that will probably happen :woot:
yeah and I can imagine that Henshaw would have a really hard time reining in Alex if she had Superpowers.
He can barely do it now and he is from Mars!

I think what ever dark place Alex may go, and I think we will see this along the way.....Kara will be able to pull her back, that is a given.

Oh I definitely agree there, their bond is too strong for any other outcome to surface.

NOW, how they get to that outcome will be the question, the drama, and the fun I think.... ;)

You don't think that the writers will throw Alex killing Astra under the bus, do you?

NOW, how they get to that outcome will be the question, the drama, and the fun I think.... ;)

Most definitely. I'm anxious to see what the writers come up with because there's so much to work with in that regard.

And no, I don't think they'll throw it under the bus. But I do think they may allow it to be "forgotten" for a little while only for the truth to ultimately come out at the wrong time.

Most definitely. I'm anxious to see what the writers come up with because there's so much to work with in that regard.

And no, I don't think they'll throw it under the bus. But I do think they may allow it to be "forgotten" for a little while only for the truth to ultimately come out at the wrong time.

I cannot see Alex holding that secret from Kara for very long. She has found it harder and harder as the season has gone on to lie to Kara. I have a feeling she will be the one to tell her, and I think the outcome will be "bone-jarring" to say the least.

Just found this Alex thread today and thought I'd take a look as she's awesome..

Then SPOILERS about killing Astra!

Thanks guys...

Sorry, that is the mine field that one must travel.... :(

Sorry, that is the mine field that one must travel.... :(

Really? That's your answer to people who are not up to date with episodes? and get badly spoiled with 'Alex kills Astra' spoilers?

So spoilers are allowed on here then, and it's tough if you get spoiled. Great.

That discounts people who are not up to date with episodes pretty much.

Spoiler tags for recent episodes and storylines would be easy enough for people to manage surely? Other forums use them quite well so why not here?

Seems I'd better get up to date with episodes or keep off the forum :csad:

Really? That's your answer to people who are not up to date with episodes? and get badly spoiled with 'Alex kills Astra' spoilers?

So spoilers are allowed on here then, and it's tough if you get spoiled. Great.

That discounts people who are not up to date with episodes pretty much.

Spoiler tags for recent episodes and storylines would be easy enough for people to manage surely? Other forums use them quite well so why not here?

Seems I'd better get up to date with episodes or keep off the forum :csad:

Well, I didn't mean it quite that harshly..... :csad: but that episode has been up for several days now, as well as on CBS All Access (for free), iTunes, Amazon. I understand that the UK won't be getting these episodes for a while, so yeah....for those guys this place will resemble a "mine field"...you will have to watch where ya step, because there is no way to keep all spoilers out of here after so many days. It isn't a spoiler free forum, people are going to discuss what they have seen, and since the majority have, in fact, seen this episode, I'm sorry....but there will be spoilers. YES, could/should spoiler tags be used more freely....sure, definitely , but that may not happen....hence mine field. :/ The problem is, I may not see a BIG SPOILER until someone who just got spoiled points it out.....

Last edited:
Haha, I do know where you are coming from, it's just so AAAAHHHH! when spoileridge occurs. Still think spoiler tags for recent eps/news is reasonable when not in the individual episode threads?

I'm just going to go sulk and watch the latest episode.

Then I'm gonna go on the general Supergirl thread and post that Kara kills Santa Clause in the season finale! So there!

:waa:

I try and read every post in this and the Political forum....I miss a few. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"