Supergirl The countdown begins!

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
PREMIERE NIGHT TONIGHT!!

Here is how the countdown will work....we will celebrate each character with Kara of course being our final celebration before the October 10th Premiere...

]July 2nd -- July 11th We will celebrate J'onn J'onzz, aka Hank Henshaw, aka The Martin Manhunter (David Harewood)
July 12th -- July 21st We will celebrate Max Lord (Peter Facinelli)
July 22nd -- July 31st We will celebrate James Olson (Mehcad Brooks)
August 1st -- August 10th[/B] We will celebrate Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart)
August 11th -- August 20th[/B] We will celebrate Winn Schott Jr. (Jeremy Jordan)
August 21st -- August 30th We will celebrate all of the wonderful recurring actors and the new ones for Season 2... (Helen Slater, Lynda Carter, Dean Cain and Tyler Hoechlin, we may add to this as we get more cast news)
August 31st -- September 9th We will celebrate Alex Danvers (Chyler Leigh)

September 10th -- October 10th We will celebrate Kara Danvers aka Supergirl (Melissa Benoist)

So as their weeks come up, post your fav pics, fav videos, fav scenes, fav comic book covers or panels they have been in.....what you hope to see from their character in Season 2.

Hope this helps with the LOOOOOONG 100 days before the premiere....

Post your fav pics, scenes, gifs, etc from the first season, as well as discuss the character and actor....BUT Let's keep this thread POSITIVE PLEASE, plenty of other threads to get into criticism of this or that....THANKS :)

Last edited:
AAAAAND HERE WE GO.....

Probably the one scene that got the most Twitter business for sure....

PgqnEQXG1tq8.gif

INTERVIEW with David Harewood on the "BIG REVEAL"

[YT]NdG6RuAPtYM[/YT]

AAAAAND HERE WE GO.....

Probably the one scene that got the most Twitter business for sure....

PgqnEQXG1tq8.gif

I knew it was coming. I was convinced he was Martian Manhunter early on, regardless how they tried to make him seem nefarious in nature. The fact that he "seemed threatening" yet never did anything evil was a pretty big indicator. However... even though I knew it was coming, I still had a geekgasm when it happened. It was a triumphant moment. And then.. they went on to do virtually nothing with him other than have him nearly get killed by every villain he faced. A disservice to a great character. But that reveal though!

One of my favorite scenes right here....

I knew it was coming. I was convinced he was Martian Manhunter early on, regardless how they tried to make him seem nefarious in nature. The fact that he "seemed threatening" yet never did anything evil was a pretty big indicator. However... even though I knew it was coming, I still had a geekgasm when it happened. It was a triumphant moment. And then.. they went on to do virtually nothing with him other than have him nearly get killed by every villain he faced. A disservice to a great character. But that reveal though!

I understand where you are coming from there, but the story was that he wanted to remain as the head of the DEO feeling like he could do more there as Hank, than on the run as Jonn....NOW that that has all come to a conclusion, I think we will see more of him as Jonn in Season 2.

My hope more than anything is that they work on the CGI and stunt work for his character, he was very slow and CLUNKY in fight scenes.

I understand where you are coming from there, but the story was that he wanted to remain as the head of the DEO feeling like he could do more there as Hank, than on the run as Jonn....NOW that that has all come to a conclusion, I think we will see more of him as Jonn in Season 2.

My hope more than anything is that they work on the CGI and stunt work for his character, he was very slow and CLUNKY in fight scenes.

I think what you see is what you get with the CGI. Time and budget constraints make it hard to churn out high end effects. I can forgive the production quality. Just make him a valuable contributor to the show.

Time constraints I believe is the culprit, and that needs to be fixed. My hope is that they have learned to do just that....if you can put a damn Shark man on Flash and it looks pretty good, you can do something about the slowness and cluckiness of MM. :)

And as I said, I think we will see much more of him in the 2nd season....HOWEVER, I love Jonn as Hank, so I don't mind it as is either...

Some great J'onn J'onzz/Hank Henshaw scenes...

Last edited:
Aw, thank you.....I'm just lazy. :(

And today is our last day with J'onn J'onzz.....

Tomorrow we begin our celebration of the villain/hero/villain/hero Max Lord.... ;)

AND NOW TO CELEBRATE Peter Facinelli (Max Lord)

maxwelllord_header.jpg

My favorite Alex Danvers/Maxwell Lord scenes...

Max Lord and his channeling of Dr. Frankenstein..... :)

My favorite Alex Danvers/Maxwell Lord scenes...

Max Lord and his channeling of Dr. Frankenstein..... :)

I liked the Bizarro episode. I hope to see the character return. I liked how she was a sympathetic character. Very much like Frankenstein's monster.

The Bizarro episode was not one of my favs AT FIRST, but it has grown on me with a couple of extra viewings.... ;)

It is now time to celebrate James Olson aka....Mehcad Brooks
Oir1I0.jpg

So HERE WE GOOOOOO.....

Plane Trip

Last edited:
It is now time to celebrate James Olson aka....Mehcad Brooks
Oir1I0.jpg

So HERE WE GOOOOOO.....

Plane Trip

Mechad Brooks has actually grown on me. I didn't care much for the casting choice, not because of race, but because he did not seem to embody the goofy cub reporter that I was used to seeing. The writers did a decent job of slowly integrating him into the storyline and he is a genuinely likeable character.

My hope is that they give him far more to do than "give advice" and be the "mansel in distress"....

I see Supergirl repeats are on the CW starting Monday. I think that's a good move although they should have started earlier. Should be interesting to see how the ratings are

I was so caught in ratings last time could barely enjoy the show....I think I will sit those out this time around.....and just enjoy. :)

The repeat ratings are totally irrelevant anyway. Even Flash repeats usually do in the 0.2-0.4 range, and that's the most successful CW show ever, by far.

As long as the new episodes end up above, say, Legends of Tomorrow's 0.80 season average from last year I don't see any way CW doesn't renew Supergirl.

Even if Supergirl does really poorly, there's really no way it won't improve on CW's Monday numbers from last year.

The repeat ratings are totally irrelevant anyway. Even Flash repeats usually do in the 0.2-0.4 range, and that's the most successful CW show ever, by far.

As long as the new episodes end up above, say, Legends of Tomorrow's 0.80 season average from last year I don't see any way CW doesn't renew Supergirl.

Even if Supergirl does really poorly, there's really no way it won't improve on CW's Monday numbers from last year.

Well this Tuesday at least in NYC there is no Flash repeat because WPIX 11 is airing the second game of the so-called Subway Series between the Mets and my Yankees. Both teams have about 25-27 games airing on WPIX. The rest are done by the YES Network (Yankees) and SNY or SportsNet NY (Mets) on cable or online.

As far as I go with ratings I got so jumpy looking at them last season. But this is the CW where their numbers equal half of say CBS. so a 0.8 is like that of a 1.6/1.7 as far as I know.

Wouldn't worry about the ratings. There's much more leeway now that it's on the CW.

This season, I plan on just enjoying it...no ratings watching for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"