The Official 2008 SuperHeroHype.com Presidential Election!

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the official 2008 SuperHeroHype.com Presidential Election. This is the sign up thread where you can declare your candidacy for Hype President.

Here are the rules:

The 2008 Hype Presidential election will have two phases. The first of which is a primary. The primary will last between June 10th and July 10th. On July 10th at 12:00 am the polls will open. They will close July 11th at 12:00 am. During this month you are encouraged to campaign in as many and as creative ways as possible. Campaign is important as both parties will have super delegates whose votes count for more than regular votes and will be based strictly on quality of campaign (no free rides).

- You will campaign on issues relevant to the UNITED STATES in their current election. This isn't an "I will get you bigger avatars!" thing. This is an actual debate on policy.

- To participate in the primary you must declare your candidacy prior to 11:59 pm on June 10th as either a Democrat or Republican.

- You may begin campaigning on June 10th.

- There will be a poll for each party on July 10th. The winner becomes the nominee and is eligible to take place in the general election in August.

- Up to 15 candidates will be allowed in the primary. In the event that too many sign up, myself and the other super delegates will decide the most capable candidates.

- Once the primary is over, third parties will be allowed to enter the general election.

- In order to be eligible for Hype Presidency you must have been a Hype member since at least 2007. You must also be an American citizen.

- Rules on the general election will become avaliable at that time. If you have any questions PM me.

The race begins now. To enter the primary declare your intent and announce your party (Democrat or Republican) in this thread.

Sweet. I would love to run but doubt I will be able to. I'm not sure I'll have a consistent internet connection (and the time to do this) where I'm going.

I would definately like to vote though.

Sign me up as a voting member of the Republican Party though :up:

Can I enter as "Conservative Libertarian"?

EDIT: Oh, screw it. I endorse Byrd Man.

A vote for Byrd, is a vote for terrorism...whoops....Pay no attention to what I said right there. Just vote for me as a democrat

I am announcing today my candidacy for the Presidency of the United States.

The Presidency is the most powerful office in the Free World. Through its leadership can come a more vital life for our people. In it are centered the hopes of the globe around us for freedom and a more secure life. For it is in the Executive Branch that the most crucial decisions of this century must be made in the next four years -- how to confront and deal with Extremist Rouge Leaders who threaten our very existence -- how to revolutionize the country so we are no longer dependent of foreign oil -- how to rebuild the stature of American science and education --how to prevent the collapse of our farm economy and the decay of our cities -- how to achieve, without further inflation or unemployment, expanded economic growth benefiting all Americans -- and how to give direction to our traditional moral purpose, awakening every American to the dangers and opportunities that confront us.

These are among the real issues of 2008. And it is on the-basis of these issues that the American people must make their fateful choice for their future.

In the past 40 months, I have toured every state in the Union and I have talked to Americans in all walks of life. My candidacy is therefore based on the conviction that I can win both the nomination and the election.

I believe that any Republican aspirant to this important nomination should be willing to submit to the voters his views, record and competence in a series of primary contests. I am therefore now announcing my intention of filing in the Republican primary and I shall announce my plans with respect to the other primaries as their filing dates approach.

I believe that the Republican Party has a historic function to perform in the winning of the 2008 election, comparable to its role in 1972. I intend to do my utmost to see that that victory is won.

For 18 years, I have been in the service of the United States, first as a naval officer in the Pacific during World War II and for the past 14 years as a member of the Congress. In the last 20 years, I have traveled in nearly every continent and country -- from Leningrad to Saigon, from Bucharest to Lima. From all of this, I have developed an image of America as fulfilling a noble and historic role as the defender of freedom in a time of maximum peril -- and of the American people as confident, courageous and persevering.

It is with this image that I begin this campaign.

NORM-2.jpg

Today on Sunday, June 8, 2008, I, Jesse T. White, am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States on the Republican ballot.

Now I know that the brand of the GOP is at an all time low. I know that my party has lost its way. But this shouldn't be an election of Republicans vs. Democrats. It should be about candidate against candidate and putting their own ideology and plans out in front of the voters and for the voters to choose who they think is the best for the job ignoring party affiliation. And I intend on doing that. I intend on running a clean campaign, free of mudslinging and attacks. But most of all I intend on returning honor to the United States of America.

Under my administration, I will make the United States the glowing beacon of democracy, freedom, liberty, equality, and justice throughout the world.

Under my administration, I will bring back prosperity to this great nation by restoring fiscal responsibility, a strong dollar policy, heavily promoting energy independence and education.

Under my administration, I will return the Republican Party to its roots of smaller government, fiscal responsibilty, a strong defense, and a sensible foreign policy.

Now I know my speech isn't as fancy as StorminNorman's. I'm not a fancy kind of guy. But I will be honest. I will be ethical. I will serve you. Even if I manage to fail in every single policy, I will keep to my core of being ethical, honest, and a servant to the people of the United States.

jwcroped2.jpg

I am currently establishing an exploratory committee to "test the waters" for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. I will be making an official announcement announcing my official decision sometime within the next 24 hours. If I decide to run, my platform will be available then.

Shouldn't this be in the Community? it'll get more attention.

Absolutely not. People in the Community will treat this as a joke, and then Logan's Runt's Side Boobs will end up with the Democratic and Republican nominations.

I'm going to get serious about this. I've been pondering a foray into local government. This could be my test run.

I can announce that Hippie Hunter and I have come to terms on a Republican Debate in the near future.

Yes, and I look forward to debating him in the near future.

Fellow Hype members and esteemed guests,

Due to my ineligible status consistent with the rule of appropriate time here on the Hype, I am unable to successfully launch a bid for Hype office. It is my decision to, instead, announce my full support and enthusiasm for this rather exciting process that lay before us. I would like to wish all of those participating in exploratory committees and candadatorial roles the best of luck!

May the best Hype candidate win!

Regards,
Marx
(Registered Hype Voter and current affairs enthusiast)

:cwink:

In the past seven years, we have faced a lot as Americans. We witnessed the deaths of more than three thousand people as they were brutally and heartlessly murdered by terrorists on September 11, 2001. We witnessed our rise from the ashes of our nation’s darkest day, as we put our differences aside and healed as a nation united. We witnessed our troops head off to battle in Afghanistan, as they sought out the enemies which dared to cross our paths. Seven years ago, we were united as brothers and sisters determined to push forward together. Seven years ago, it was hard to imagine that we would ever be divided.

How times have changed.

In the aftermath of 9/11 and the war in Afghanistan, our country has been placed on the wrong track. For five years, we have been distracted by an unnecessary war which never should have been waged in the first place, as well as divisive and ridiculous domestic policies which have only aimed to dig a deeper divide in America. In Iraq, we have lost sight of our real enemies: the terrorists which crippled our nation on 9/11 and are still out there plotting their next assault. Instead of hunting down Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda and the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks, we were sent into Iraq, where we removed Saddam Hussein from power but have been placed in the middle of a three-way civil war. At home, Republicans in Congress used issues such as gay marriage as a way to further divide our country, by going as far to propose an amendment which would write discrimination into our constitution. Meanwhile, us Americans remained distracted, divided, and disenchanted with our government.

Two years ago, the Democrats regained control of Congress as corruption reached a peak and the war in Iraq was at its bloodiest. However, the slim majority in Congress has prevented them from reforming how our country works. We are still knee deep in Iraq. We are on the brink of a recession. And the same old politics which have long stained the streets of Washington, DC are still ripe in the heart of our nation’s capitol.

Our country deserves better.

This is why I have decided to seek the Democratic Party’s nomination for President of the United States.

If I am elected President, I will work towards real change in Washington. Not the type of change we hear about in fancy speeches. Not the type of change which will move us three steps forward before taking six steps back. The American people demand real change.

My fellow Americans, we must put an end to partisan bickering in Congress. We need to reform a deeply flawed system, and the best way to do this is by establishing term limits. Senators should not be allowed to serve more than three terms in office, while Congressman should be limited to five terms. Moreover, Congress should be in session for five days a week, 40 weeks out of the year. There is no reason why Congressmen and Senators should have to work less than the average American.

We must ease the horrendous burden placed on the middle class. Gas prices have hit an all time high, foreclosures are rising, and unemployment is skyrocketing. As a result, I propose the following:

-Cap gas at $3.50 a gallon. The government should subsidize the difference.
-Temporarily suspend foreclosures in the country. Re-evaluate each individual mortgage and work out a sensible way for every American to afford the homes they were essentially misled into buying.
-Establish a Public Works program under the Department of Labor. Eliminate a substantial percentage of welfare and unemployment costs by forcing the unemployed to work for our taxpayers’ money. Additionally, this will help maintain our parks, highways, and other infrastructure demands.
-Repeal the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans while cutting taxes on the middle class.

We must strengthen our image abroad. If I am elected President of the United States, I will sit down with our military strategists and formulate a responsible exit from Iraq. Our troops have suffered enough in the past five years. Moreover, we have done more than enough to help liberate the Iraqi people. Now it is their turn to make their country shine.

We must meet with foreign leaders, including enemies such as Hugo Chavez, Vladimir Putin and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. However, we must never meet with them without setting preconditions. We must do everything we can to maintain peace and security in countries overseas.

We must actively fight global warming. If I am elected president, I will sign the Kyoto Protocol within the first 24 hours of my presidency. I will fight to tax corporations which pollute our rivers and lakes, causing them to destroy environmental resources once available to us but may not be available for our children and grandchildren. Additionally, I will propose legislation which will raise CAFÉ standards on automobiles, requiring each car company to average 40 miles per gallon with small cars and 30 miles per gallon with trucks and SUVs.

We must become energy independent. Each car company should be required to manufacture vehicles which run on the following: natural gas, hydrogen, and hybrid technology. We need to drill for oil in North Dakota and Montana. And we should heavily invest in clean energies, such as wind and solar power, while reinvesting in nuclear energy.

We must eliminate the social constructs which constrict our society. I propose a fifty year moratorium on any constitutional amendment which would provide a written definition of marriage. If I am elected President, I will work to ensure that the Employee Non Discrimination Act is passed and signed into law. I will work to overturn Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. And I will veto any law which denies an individual the fundamental rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness—which our country was once founded upon.

Ladies and gentlemen, these are only a few of the things I hope to accomplish as your president. But these cannot become a reality unless I become the Democratic Party’s nominee. Vote for me. Our country cannot afford another eight years of distractions.

jmanpres-1.jpg

I'm liking the announcement Jman!

(I must ask about the logo - Did you thieve from John McCain? You do know that borrowing from the Republicans to run a Democratic nomination could present problems. Someone is inevitably going to take this beyond the issues and into pointless crap like signs and logos! I could foresee another Obama/Flag pin debacle brewing! Great job though, very professional! :oldrazz:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"