The 2012 Reagan Library Republican Presidential Debate

I have to say, I am so far impressed with MSNBC's political analysis. After the 2010 election, I kinda expected them to act like a bunch of jackasses, especially with Ed Schultz and Al Sharpton giving analysis. But they're all giving some rather valid opinions instead of spewing leftist BS.

Unfortunately for Paul he came out looking like the crazy uncle on the stage.

He definitely didn't look strong and calm out there. He seemed to be in a rush to speak and thus fumbled over his words, most likely because in the back of his mind he wasn't sure when he would get the chance to speak again

The questions he had were lame. I wanted to see him chime in the real issues that the others had the opportunity to

I don't get the love affair with Cain. What is his record? He was a CEO for 2 years? That makes him better than Obama how? To me, all he is saying are words that sound good. He has nothing to back them up. Why chance that again?

Perry looked completely stupid. He is so slow answering questions and you could see the one hamster running in a tilted wheel inside his head.

Paul again looked like a crazy old coot because he can't be calm, compose his answers calmly, or look like he isn't about to go on a shooting rampage. He also is of course far libertarian do away with everything mentality.

Bachman and Santorum...please don't come back...ever.

As far as substance to who won...nobody at this point. It's all hollow talking points right now. Gingrich was really the only one who seemed to actually lay out details instead of saying how he has laid out details. He won't win though but he was very composed, quick, and had a lot of good responses. I will wait and in about 6 months we will see them all really start fighting each other and people start dropping out like flies.

Last edited:
... yet you are still voting Republican :funny:

Depends on who the GOP throws up there. They successfully made me not vote Republican 3 years ago.

Ron Paul is Americas best hope, but even then I think it's a bit late. Honesty.

Gary Johnson should be in these debates...maybe next time...

Minor altercation last night.

PMSBK.jpg

Why the **** is Gingrich doing good at this debate?

He's done well the last few debates. Gingrich is a smart guy and a veteran politician, its not surprising he shines during these things.

Does anyone here other than Paul and Huntsman even answer the questions. :huh:

Which questions did Huntsman answer? He ducked out of every one I heard.

Gingrich and Paul were really the only ones up there answering questions. Paul answers every question without slapping on the talking points and that makes him un-electable. He just isn't winning material. Now, he would make a fantastic Vice President and some polishing during those 4-8 years would set him up as a Prime candidate for an actual Presidential run. In my opinion, Romney/Paul or Romney/Gingrich is the perfect ticket as of right now. Romney has the best shot of winning the election. Paul would bring in the Tea Party, Libertarians, and some Independents. Gingrich has the old vote and brings in the more conservative GOP that Romney doesn't capture.

No establishment Republican would offer Paul any position unfortunately, and no President would want Gingrich's ego as (or baggage) as his VP.

Romney/Cain on the otherhand...

Cain was a Romney supporter in 2008, gives Romney the appearance of going with a "Tea Party"-type, allows them to double up on the "business experience" card and gives Romney a Southerner on the ticket.

Oh yea, and Herman Cain is black.

Why is Paul being scolded by Perry? :csad:

Gingrich and Paul were really the only ones up there answering questions. Paul answers every question without slapping on the talking points and that makes him un-electable. He just isn't winning material. Now, he would make a fantastic Vice President and some polishing during those 4-8 years would set him up as a Prime candidate for an actual Presidential run. In my opinion, Romney/Paul or Romney/Gingrich is the perfect ticket as of right now. Romney has the best shot of winning the election. Paul would bring in the Tea Party, Libertarians, and some Independents. Gingrich has the old vote and brings in the more conservative GOP that Romney doesn't capture.

I'm not party affiliated but if Paul was on the ticket he'd get my vote. I agree that he's un-electable though, its sad. He's it though, the rest of them I don't like.

I have a feeling Paul is gonna get more publicity when the media picks up on the juicy Perry confronting Paul pictures.

Plus, Paul gets to talk about it with Jon Stewart soon.

I wish that people who like Ron Paul, would stop being so self-defeating about his chances. Don't let the media control you like this.

Ron Paul has some really great ideas but he has a tendency to come off as a "crazy uncle" from time to time.

the man on the bottom left is a security officer ready to protect Paul lol

I have a feeling Paul is gonna get more publicity when the media picks up on the juicy Perry confronting Paul pictures.

Plus, Paul gets to talk about it with Jon Stewart soon.

I wish that people who like Ron Paul, would stop being so self-defeating about his chances. Don't let the media control you like this.

It is very very awkward being a Ron Paul supporting working in a non-Ron Paul Republican office. Whenever anyone brings up 2012 you just kinda have to go "yea, I am one of those crazy Ron Paul guys" and everyone just kinda smiles politely and either changes the subject or asks "oh, well who do you prefer out of Perry and Romney?"

I don't understand why he's treated like that, when he's the most consistent of the candidates.

You want to know why?

Politico gives a great demonstration of the media mentality:

Ron Paul can’t modulate
The Texas congressman, who is polling in third place in some surveys, has bemoaned his treatment at the hands of the mainstream media. At the same time, he did little to move toward the electable center in his debate performance.
He stuck to his stands on why FEMA is an unnecessary agency (despite major devastation that Hurricane Irene brought to the Northeast recently), continued to rail against over-regulation and remained insistent that a hard currency was the way to avoid inflation (currency backed by metal was what should have remained the standard, in his view).
Those are positions that endear him to his fans. But they do not help elevate Paul with the broader electorate.
Still, Paul is getting elevated plenty — unexpectedly — by Perry. The Texas governor has twice hit Paul for criticizing Ronald Reagan this week, once before the debate and once during it, garnering the congressman more mainstream attention than he could get himself.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/62963_Page3.html#ixzz1XOebEqHG

Wanting us to start carrying gold and silver coinage is crazy talk. That is just one of the reasons why Paul is seen as the odd old man.

*sigh* You don't have to carry around gold and silver coins. You could if you wanted to, but you would have the option of carrying bank notes (dollar bills). The notes would represent the gold in transactions.

*sigh* You don't have to carry around gold and silver coins. You could if you wanted to, but you would have the option of carrying bank notes (dollar bills). The notes would represent the gold in transactions.

No, that is not what he said at the debate. He even thinks the government doesn't have the constitutional authority to print and regulate paper monies. Ron Paul wants us to carry around actual gold and silver coinage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"