The 2012 CNN/Western Republican Presidential Debate

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
The next GOP debate in the election cycle takes place on October 18th in Las Vegas at 8pm. Will you be watching?

Criteria for the CNN Western Republican Presidential Debate
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...e-cnn-western-republican-presidential-debate/

(In keeping with the tradition of the 2008 election season...all debates, primaries, and caucuses will have their own threads to ensure that the political forum continues to run smoothly.)

Discuss. :yay:

Probably not, for 3 reasons.

1. I think Romney is a shoe in for the nomination.
2. These candidates have made it clear that they have nothing to say beyond their talking points.
3. I cannot ****ing stand Wolf Blitzer.

Can you imagine the first primary is only 2 and half months away, maybe earlier once NH makes up its mind?

Good, less numbnuts in the debate, the more Paul has time to school everybody.

Paul should last quite a bit in GOP..well at least longer than Michelle...Newt..Huntsman..that other dude..S something. In other words, last 4 standing in GOP should be Romney, Perry, Cain, Paul.

Probably not, for 3 reasons.

1. I think Romney is a shoe in for the nomination.
2. These candidates have made it clear that they have nothing to say beyond their talking points.
3. I cannot ****ing stand Wolf Blitzer.

Everyone said the same about Hillary Clinton too.

Only because his campaign cannot afford a plane ticket to New Hampshire. :hehe:

Paul should last quite a bit in GOP..well at least longer than Michelle...Newt..Huntsman..that other dude..S something. In other words, last 4 standing in GOP should be Romney, Perry, Cain, Paul.

You're confusing "lasting," with being relevant. Huckabee remained in the election until May or June when John McCain had officially won the nomination even though McCain was for all intents and purposes the nominee. Paul remained in until the bitter end in 2008. Staying in and actually having a shot are two different things. Paul is currently "in," the election but even now, before a single ballot has been cast, he cannot win it.

Not really. Everyone knew it would be a tough race between Obama and Hill-dog. Hell, many pundits were predicting Barack Obama to be the next Democratic President before Kerry even lost. The difference this time around is that Romney has no real competition. Everyone who has tried to take him on has sunk. Compare that to the see-saw that was the lead up to 2008, when the polls constantly saw the front runner change between Obama, Hillary, and even Edwards.

Granted, Romney has not always been THE frontrunner, but he has been the only CONSISTENT frontrunner. It is his to lose.

But Hillary Clinton ran a crappy campaign. She ran a campaign with a sense of entitlement and didn't know how to handle the rise of Barack Obama. Mitt Romney on the other hand, is actually working to try and get conservatives to come to his side. Romney's campaign knew how to deal with the rise of Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann, and probably knows how to deal with Herman Cain. And his campaign knew how to shove Ron Paul, Jon Huntsman, and Tim Pawlenty to the side.

*bump* for tonight's debate!

I love it how Rick Perry calls Herman Cain "brother."

Cain is doing a horrible job in defending the 9% sales tax.

Herman Cain is out... see ya buddy.

I've got 20 bucks that says Herman Cain's "Apples and Oranges" becomes a meme.

WTF Gingrich. Are you campaigning for Cain or for yourself?

Perry is not letting go of the energy thing.

I freaking love Rick Santorum right now. He just kept interrupting Romney, wouldn't let him speak, and then just tells him that he's out of time :awesome:

Wow, Santorum actually resorted to kindergarten tactics.

They all learned from the last debate that for any of them to have a chance, they have to gang up on Romneycare and 999. Boy oh boy are they ever.

Luckily for them, Herman Cain is doing a horrible job at defending 9-9-9. Unfortunately, Romney is doing a much better job at defending Romneycare by Santorum acting like a 5 year old, reminding Gingrich how he supported the individual mandate, and Bachmann offering nothing to the discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"