• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First Avenger The Official "Captain America Super Bowl Tv Spot" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The full-first trailer comes out next friday.....and it feels like a damn long wait!

I'm glad you found something interesting about the Thor ad because I still haven't seen anything that makes me want to go see that movie. I have such a distaste for what I've seen that I've stayed out of the Thor forums for fear of becoming a troll. It's sad because I never want to dislike the way a film looks but everything about Cap looks interesting to me and everything about Thor is just the exact opposite...except for Hemsworth's hot looks. (He's acting still looks suspect as hell though.)
I'm not gonna lie, I have a feeling my sudden positive vibes from the Thor TV-Spot have less to do with the spot itself, and more to do with that being the first new thing I've seen from the movie since reading the screenplay, which I was very pleasantly surprised with. Despite how the cinematography (and possibly acting) is falling flat with me, knowing there's a good story and characters in there has certainly eased my worries quite a bit. But yes, Hemsworth's eye-candy factor has always been a plus. :cwink:

But back to the Cap spot, I really hope that shot of him rolling with the shield is the tail-end of a shield-throw as it appears to be...and I hope we see that shield-throw in the trailer. Ugh, suddenly 10 days seems like a hell of a long wait for a trailer. Guess the TV-spot did its job, lol.

i dont know about you guys, but i want to see Cap KICKIN SOME NAT-ZEE ASS!

if he doesn't punch Hitler, i will punch the nearest child.

I'm not gonna lie, I have a feeling my sudden positive vibes from the Thor TV-Spot have less to do with the spot itself, and more to do with that being the first new thing I've seen from the movie since reading the screenplay, which I was very pleasantly surprised with. Despite how the cinematography (and possibly acting) is falling flat with me, knowing there's a good story and characters in there has certainly eased my worries quite a bit. But yes, Hemsworth's eye-candy factor has always been a plus. :cwink:

But back to the Cap spot, I really hope that shot of him rolling with the shield is the tail-end of a shield-throw as it appears to be...and I hope we see that shield-throw in the trailer. Ugh, suddenly 10 days seems like a hell of a long wait for a trailer. Guess the TV-spot did its job, lol.

I'm thinking it might be. It looks like part of the same scene where he is being boxed in by the flame throwing Hydras. I think it would be cool as heck if he used the flames as a trajectory line for the throw. Just seeing the shield go thru the flames as it takes out each opponent would be awesome.

i dont know about you guys, but i want to see Cap KICKIN SOME NAT-ZEE ASS!

if he doesn't punch Hitler, i will punch the nearest child.

Simply because this image can't be posted too many times...

2ryhl6r.jpg

I do hope I'm wrong about Thor so, thats something.

As for the subject at hand, I to hope that we see a Shield Throw in the trailer.

I don't get the praise for the lines in the tv spot. None of it sounds quote worthy to me.

And you didn't like pre serum Rogers either and Red Skull wasn't the right shade of red as well we know.

I don't understand the hate for the CGI. It was spot on and that's was an incredibly skinny guy would look like. I've seen them.

I don't understand the hate for the CGI. It was spot on and that's was an incredibly skinny guy would look like. I've seen them.

Couldn't agree more. It was pretty convincing. Most of the people I talked to about the preview thought Evans "pulled a Bale." Also I had to point out, how much shorter he was in the first scene standing next to Peggy.

Isildur´s Heir;19667663 said:
I just saw the Super Bowl spot and i wasn´t impressed.
Not to say i found it bad, it´s to small to judge, but it was meh.

The Red Skull is very good from what we could see, but they should have gone with the mask and not his real face.
I really like the special effects making Chris Evans very small and skinny, that was for me the best moment.

I disliked Captain America´s mob...Bucky, Dum Dum Dugan and the rest, they should be Fury´s men (minus Bucky), not Steve Rogers merry men.
I really dislike how Steve Rogers goes from skinny to muscle...so, he got into what looks like a metal sarcophagus, and when they open it....he is He-Man.
You can say it is similar to the comic books, but the books were written in the 40s.....it looks stupid in this day and age, it makes it look like Rogers was in the oven for too long.

BTW, the best Super Bowl Spot was, without a doubt, the Transformers.....i really like the "Invasion of the Decepticons" angle.

you don't really know what the full transformation scene entails. for all we know, there are injections before he enters the rebirth chamber. we just don't know.

also, the Transformers spot? it could have been cobbled together with scenes from the first 2 flicks. lame.

Indeed. This comment reminds me of my prediction in the old "News and Speculation" thread back in December:
But I don't want to get any more Cap vs. Thor going on here, so I'll just add that I was much happier with the Thor TV-spot than I was with the initial trailer. And again, my point here was not that I'm sure the actual movie will be great, but that the footage/production values LOOK great as expected.

I just love the texture the visuals have. Cap's world has a real "lived-in" feel by the looks of it, if that makes any sense.

I can't agree with you more, I don't see how anyone could be "massively" dissapointed with Thor's trailer or t.v. spot. It seems like just as good of a movie as Cap's, I don't know why people are doing this whole "Cap vs Thor" thing anyways because they're both working towards the same things.

All this "Cap looks better than Thor" and "Thor looks better than Cap" is becoming annoying, especially when they BOTH seem like two of the best comic book films to date.

To DISLIKE something is one thing, but to say something looks BAD when it clearly doesn't is another thing.

1. Green Lantern--230-250mil (I'm not 100% sure about this prediction, it depends on if the next trailer knocks everyone's socks off. I just have a feeling that the WB will pull off a hit. If the next trailer doesn't though and I hear some legit bad word about the film I will be changing this prediction. I realize alot of people will think that this prediction is insane)

2. Captain America-- 185-200mil (The footage looked really good and the movie doesn't completely look like everyother Superhero movie ever made.)

3. Thor-- 145-160mil (It depends on what the budget is rather those numbers are terrible or not. I think the movie looks bad and that it will disappoint Marvel. If the tracking numbers are huge and the reviews are decent, I'm welling to change my prediction but right now, I just don't think that this movie is going to do anything special.)

4. X-Men First Class-- 130-150mil (It still doesn't have so much as a teaser, it doesn't feature Wolverine and it looks like another bad Fox movie to me. The X-fans will come out but I think that the eh reception of Wolverine and X3 will hurt it along with the other things I mentioned.)

Those are my thoughts.

Seriously, you REALLY think GL looks better than the Thor footage? I don't see how you could look at Cap's t.v. spot and Thor's t.v. spot and think that Cap looks SO much better when they clearly look to be on the same level.

I'm starting to think you just don't like "Thor", period.

Last edited:
Seriously, you REALLY think GL looks better than the Thor footage? I don't see how you could look at Cap's t.v. spot and Thor's t.v. spot and think that Cap looks SO much better when they clearly look to be on the same level.

I'm starting to think you just don't like "Thor", period.
dude, do you need to comment on every post where someone says they think cap will do better than thor? you think they're on par, fantastic, some think cap will do better, some think thor will do better. it is what it is

dude, do you need to comment on every post where someone says they think cap will do better than thor? you think they're on par, fantastic, some think cap will do better, some think thor will do better. it is what it is

Dude, I sure DO especially when people compare the two when they're clearly working toward the same thing. Saying Cap looks "good" and Thor looks "bad" is just plain biased, if if people didn't feel the need to "put down" other movies just to praise their own then it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't care about people saying Cap looks better than Thor, but it's going overboard when you say one looks "great" and the other look "terrible" when they're definately not even that far apart in quality.

Trust me, I would do the same thing to people in Thor's forums if they were constantly down playing Cap (they're not btw). This isn't a "I like Thor" but "I hate Cap" situation, it really has nothing to do with "Thor" or "Cap", it's the principle of the situation.

It's the fact that they are two good looking films but people want to act like Cap looks to be TDK's level while Thor looks like Fantastic Four. When in actuality any difference in quality between these two movies are not large at all.

Last edited:
Double post

Last edited:
Not sure exactly
redskull01edit.png

For anyone who was wondering:

In German it says "Startrampen - Aussichtsplattform (I'm sure that it's supposed to be one word and that Plattform is misspelled) - 3ter (< unusual spelling) Stock - Bereich 15"

Translation: "Launching ramps - Observation deck/platform - 3rd floor - Area 15"

To me the word Startrampe implies that it's for rockets or missiles, could be wrong though.

Dude, I sure DO especially when people compare the two when they're clearly working toward the same thing. Saying Cap looks "good" and Thor looks "bad" is just plain biased, if if people didn't feel the need to "put down" other movies just to praise their own then it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't care about people saying Cap looks better than Thor, but it's going overboard when you say one looks "great" and the other look "terrible" when they're definately not even that far apart in quality.

Trust me, I would do the same thing to people in Thor's forums if they were constantly down playing Cap (they're not btw). This isn't a "I like Thor" but "I hate Cap" situation, it really has nothing to do with "Thor" or "Cap", it's the principle of the situation.

It's the fact that they are two good looking films but people want to act like Cap looks to be TDK's level while Thor looks like Fantastic Four. When in actuality any difference in quality between these two movies are not large at all.
They are two good looking films to YOU! No they do not look the same to me just because they are under the Marvel name. It's silly to think that you can't like the previews for one and not the other just because they are both based on Marvel characters. Why do you assume that I'm diss'in Thor to make Captain America look good? Could it be that I and some other people think that Thor looks like s**t because it just looks like s**t to us?

You can love and want to see Masters of the Universe Part Deux till the cows come home, I honestly don't give a flying f**k, but I'm not changing my mind until I see some none crappy footage of the film. I mean your post has just simply outraged me because it doesn't make a lick of sense and you seem to have a total rude disregard for others opinions that difer from your own.

Also, f**k The Avengers, Marvel can shove that piece of fanboy trash down their throats for all I care. Each movie has to stand own it's own feet, Captain America and that crappy looking Thor have to be half way decent movies in there own right.

It's funny and cute that you think that I think that Captain America will be a great film because I don't remember ever saying that, if I did it was a mistake. Captain America looks great, costume and cinematography wise but I seriously doubt that it's going to be great with a medicore director like Joe Johnston at the helm. I've never seen him make a movie that was better than "I liked it, it was perfectly servicable." I'm expecting all the actors to do a good to great job and the movie turn out perfectly servicable. If it's better than that fine but my expectations (despite cool previews) are not through the roof and I've never hidden that fact.

They are two good looking films to YOU! No they do not look the same to me just because they are under the Marvel name. It's silly to think that you can't like the previews for one and not the other just because they are both based on Marvel characters. Why do you assume that I'm diss'in Thor to make Captain America look good? Could it be that I and some other people think that Thor looks like s**t because it just looks like s**t to us?

You can love and want to see Masters of the Universe Part Deux till the cows come home, I honestly don't give a flying f**k, but I'm not changing my mind until I see some none crappy footage of the film. I mean your post has just simply outraged me because it doesn't make a lick of sense and you seem to have a total rude disregard for others opinions that difer from your own.

Also, f**k The Avengers, Marvel can shove that piece of fanboy trash down their throats for all I care. Each movie has to stand own it's own feet, Captain America and that crappy looking Thor have to be half way decent movies in there own right.

It's funny and cute that you think that I think that Captain America will be a great film because I don't remember ever saying that, if I did it was a mistake. Captain America looks great, costume and cinematography wise but I seriously doubt that it's going to be great with a medicore director like Joe Johnston at the helm. I've never seen him make a movie that was better than "I liked it, it was perfectly servicable." I'm expecting all the actors to do a good to great job and the movie turn out perfectly servicable. If it's better than that fine but my expectations (despite cool previews) are not through the roof and I've never hidden that fact.

I wasn't being rude I was being perfectly civilized, now ^^^ THIS is just plain rude & disrespectful. There's no need for the unecessary cursing and angry tone, it's definately not that serious. Besides, I wasn't saying that you should like Thor because it is a Marvel film. I was just saying that there's no need to talk about how "bad" (chuckles) Thor looks because this is about Captain America's superbowl spot so why are you discussing how bad Thor looks when it has nothing to do with Cap's t.v. spot?

You think Thor looks like Masters of The Universe, now that is funny :lmao:. You can think Thor's movie looks as "crappy" as you like, but you and the rest of the people that do are in the "minoritY" so it doesn't hold much weight. So when the film comes out and receives good reviews and becomes a box office hit (which it will) just remember I gave you the "heads up" ;).

You've been saying Thor looks bad FOREVER, okay WE GET IT...geez :doh: that's not gonna make it "less crappy". Most people that thinks something looks crappy don't even think about it, they certainly don't go out of their way just to conplain about it looks every chance I get.

Last edited:
Captain America is going to be boring and dumb.

You think Thor looks like Masters of The Universe, now that is funny

Actually, Masters of the Universe is supposed to look like Thor. That's why He-Man has a red cape.

"As the director of Masters of the Universe, it was a pleasure to see that someone got it. Your comparison of the film to Kirby’s New Gods was not far off. In fact, the storyline was greatly inspired by the classic Fantastic Four/Doctor Doom epics, The New Gods and a bit of Thor thrown in here and there. I intended the film to be a “motion picture comic book,” though it was a tough proposition to sell to the studio at the time. 'Comics are just for kids,' they thought. They would not allow me to hire Jack Kirby who I desperately wanted to be the conceptual artist for the picture…" Gary Goddard

For anyone who was wondering:

In German it says "Startrampen - Aussichtsplattform (I'm sure that it's supposed to be one word and that Plattform is misspelled) - 3ter (< unusual spelling) Stock - Bereich 15"

Translation: "Launching ramps - Observation deck/platform - 3rd floor - Area 15"

To me the word Startrampe implies that it's for rockets or missiles, could be wrong though.

Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"