• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official "Create Your Own Show" Thread

"Iron Man"

Sidekick
Reaction score
This is the thread where you can tell of your fantasy TV show.

I was at the dentist's offcie yesterday, and I thought to myself....that'd be a cool tv show to follow.

In the spirit of Nip/Tuck and ER, a show about dentists daily lives could be a good show with plenty of plot twists and such. Or....no? My mom hated the idea......I think it'd be ok (as in Mediocre.)

Tell us YOUR show idea!

Something origional? As in, not an extension of a game or movie or comic book we already follow?

Salvation
A series about a superhero's significant other. It will not be clear what supporting cast member is actually the hero, however our intrepid TV News Reporter will follow a number of stories, often involving criminal actions or corruption of some sort and eventually cross events that are simply too big for her. Season finale? Alien Invasion and the introduction of a second superhero who plays a part in season two. Typical episode? Standard outing turns sinister or turns up a clue. Investigation from varoius angles with various people on various levels, some issue turns up at some point that involves the hero, a tall completely disguised man. Then the big reveal to the weeks mystery or corruption whether it be clear evidence, a specific businesman or what have you, occasionally with violence that involves the superhero. Good fun.

No superheroes?

fine:

"Star"
A series about a girl and her rise to stardom as a pop singer, the adventures trials and labors which overtake her in this issues... possibly just spin it out of Entourage...

Godliness

It's about the day to day lives of gods and other mythological figures. It usually centeres around The Devil, who is either called Scratch by his friends or Mr. Morningstar by his subordinates. He lives in an apartment building in hell, with his neighbors being the various death gods of other mythologies. They all co own hell and run it as a time share. Scratch is in charge for three weeks every august. On the other side of things, Jesus is kicked out of heaven by god (who is portrayed as a rather atractive, somehwhat annoying, over acheiving young woman), who feels that the Christ has grown too distant from the people of Earth. Jesus, or Josh as he is called, which is the english translation of his name, shows up in New York. There, he rents an apartment with Damien, a young college student working for degrees in economic and political science. Damien is also the anti christ, son of the Devil and profcised arch enemy of the Messiah. The two soon become the best of friends, but are kicked out of their apartment when Damien loses his job and the two can't pay the rent. Damien suggests that they move in with his father, and the two soon become rather unwelcomed houseguests of the lord of darkness. This, obviously, incroaches on the 60s, Hughe Heffner Playboy lifestyle that the father of all lies enjoys. The cast of characters soon grows tp include Kali, the Hindu godess of death, the Grim Reaper himself, Danny, who quit his role as death and became a pizza delivery boy, Barbara, Damien's human mother and the only women Scratch every truely loved, and others. The series would be narrated by Anansi, the African trickster god and owner of all stories.

By the way, if I know my law right, simply by writing this town has it become copywrited material. So, if anyone steals it, I'll sue your asses off.

I had a similar idea called God's House. It's a sitcom starring Jesus and God living in the suburbs of Cali.

Mine would be a little more in depth than a sitcom. It would be a comedy, but delving alot more into the theology and philosophy inheret with these characters.

mine would be an action adventure show where the hero is seemingly recruited by the local police for his martial arts skill but after he /she joins he/she finds the department hired him so he would be unable to use his /herskills to help people under police procedure, realizing he'd been hired under false pretenses he/she exposes the corrupt oficers that hired him /er

The Question said:
Godliness

It's about the day to day lives of gods and other mythological figures. It usually centeres around The Devil, who is either called Scratch by his friends or Mr. Morningstar by his subordinates. He lives in an apartment building in hell, with his neighbors being the various death gods of other mythologies. They all co own hell and run it as a time share. Scratch is in charge for three weeks every august. On the other side of things, Jesus is kicked out of heaven by god (who is portrayed as a rather atractive, somehwhat annoying, over acheiving young woman), who feels that the Christ has grown too distant from the people of Earth. Jesus, or Josh as he is called, which is the english translation of his name, shows up in New York. There, he rents an apartment with Damien, a young college student working for degrees in economic and political science. Damien is also the anti christ, son of the Devil and profcised arch enemy of the Messiah. The two soon become the best of friends, but are kicked out of their apartment when Damien loses his job and the two can't pay the rent. Damien suggests that they move in with his father, and the two soon become rather unwelcomed houseguests of the lord of darkness. This, obviously, incroaches on the 60s, Hughe Heffner Playboy lifestyle that the father of all lies enjoys. The cast of characters soon grows tp include Kali, the Hindu godess of death, the Grim Reaper himself, Danny, who quit his role as death and became a pizza delivery boy, Barbara, Damien's human mother and the only women Scratch every truely loved, and others. The series would be narrated by Anansi, the African trickster god and owner of all stories.

By the way, if I know my law right, simply by writing this town has it become copywrited material. So, if anyone steals it, I'll sue your asses off.
I thought of something a little similar to this. It´d be a world where people are aware of the existence of the supernatural and it´s everywhere. Cops carry silver bullets and wooden stakes, tall buildings have bars on the windows to protect people from vampires and witches, there are therapy groups helping vampires who don´t want to hunt prey anymore or ghosts who disturb people who come to live in their old homes, etc.. The show focuses on a sort of Mulder/Scully couple detectives who work for a division specialized in supernatural-related crimes, one of them carries the shame of being half human/half vampire and the other had a personal tragedy regarding a supernatural force.

ultimatefan said:
I thought of something a little similar to this. It´d be a world where people are aware of the existence of the supernatural and it´s everywhere. Cops carry silver bullets and wooden stakes, tall buildings have bars on the windows to protect people from vampires and witches, there are therapy groups helping vampires who don´t want to hunt prey anymore or ghosts who disturb people who come to live in their old homes, etc.. The show focuses on a sort of Mulder/Scully couple detectives who work for a division specialized in supernatural-related crimes, one of them carries the shame of being half human/half vampire and the other had a personal tragedy regarding a supernatural force.
i think writer mercedes lackey has a paperback novel character like that i can't recall the series name at the moment:ninja:

3dman27 said:
i think writer mercedes lackey has a paperback novel character like that i can't recall the series name at the moment:ninja:
Like one of the detectives, you mean?

The workings ov the old Hollywood studio system done in the modern era. There are dreams and ideals of what Hollywood is...movie stars, champagne, all that crap. I'd want to do a show on the other side of Hollywood, the studio heads, producers, and directors. Delve into the shady business practices, the connection between Hollywood and the Mob, control, the importance of image, and of course, how people's lives can be so easily ruined in this town.

Other ideas I have are:

"Six Months till Sixteen" - Basically taking inspirations from my favorite shows.....The Office, ...Sunny in Philapelphia....Arrested Development. It's a single camera show like "The Office", chronicling the six months leading up to this guy's sixteenth birthday. Which means there will be like "interviews" with the characters intertwined with the story. As the show proceeded, it would be come less about his party (in fact, the end of season two would be his party) and just more about him and his life and friends. I'd expect it to be an ensemble shows, all types of quirky characters, but believable ones you care about. But laugh out loud funny. I must admit though, it's a little autobiographical.

The other one I have no name for, and hardly have developed at all, but think would be a bomb or hilarious. It came along by me noticing all the rediculous blurbs on pencils; "Best Pencil in the USA- Voted #1!" and "Toughest Lead Anywhere!"; and I thought "How do you come to become the greatest pencil maker in America?" It's a show about the harsh, rough world of pencil manufacturing.

Mr. Walters said:
The workings ov the old Hollywood studio system done in the modern era. There are dreams and ideals of what Hollywood is...movie stars, champagne, all that crap. I'd want to do a show on the other side of Hollywood, the studio heads, producers, and directors. Delve into the shady business practices, the connection between Hollywood and the Mob, control, the importance of image, and of course, how people's lives can be so easily ruined in this town.
sounds like nbc's new "studio 60 "show

the show is about a teenage werewolf,, who is just trying to live a normal life but of course people are trying to kill him and supernatural beings have the tendecy to come through his town. So he has to stop them considering the dumbass cops don't know what they are doing. he lives in an orphanage and his two best friends are always trying to help, even though he wouldn't want them to get hurt.

no campus, not a comedy more like supernatural.

that would be cool if there was a reality show....where krusty the clown went to a poor person and laughed at them.

I've created alot of shows but im going going to talk about a few.

One is "spirit" this show came from me just sitting around wanting to make a show like buffy.I'll be using alot of death themes,monsters,like werewolfs vamp gangs yes gangs theres a really good story plotted with that idea for the show. But the shows is really more of a murder mystery. I could go deeper but I don't want to runin it if it made. But I already have about 3 seasons of 13 episodes each plotted out.

I'll talk about the other show later. But its live action and I have another that would be animated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"