The Official DANGER ROOM Thread

exactly. If only I could get a realy cool looking photo of sentinels, then my film look look awesome. I will have to wait till march 16, to air on the web.

X2(2003) DANGER ROOM - Set Construction in 2002
dangerroomsetconstructionx21jq.jpg

dangerroomsetconstructionx227i.jpg

dangerroomsetconstructionx230y.jpg

dangerroomsetconstructionx247j.jpg

dangerroomsetconstructionx258u.jpg

Finished result in 2006?

dangerroom2lk.jpg

Spotted by Lightning Strikez!

Edit - Apparently the Danger Room set was completely rebuilt so all the effort of keeping the X2 one was all in vein. Thanks to Electrix for that bit of info.

Thanks Retro and Lightning. :up:

Seeing the DR in it's original form, in motion, will be something else! :D

X3: Enter the Danger Room
Where the X-Men sharpen their skills.
by Steve Head

April 13, 2006 - They thought about using it in the original X-Men. They tried to go with it in X-Men 2. And now, in X-Men: The Last Stand, you'll finally get to see it: the Danger Room. "This time, it's actually going to be in the movie," says production designer Ed Verreaux. "There's actually going to be a Danger Room sequence. We were able to put it all together, and you get to see it work."

As many of you know, the Danger Room is a high-tech training facility, where the X-Men brush up on their fighting skills. wikipedia.org describes it as being filled with traps, projectile firing devices, and mechanical dangers such as presses and collapsing walls intended to challenge the trainee.

During pre-production on X2, director Bryan Singer envisioned a training sequence for Wolverine. "I worked with Bryan for about five months on the first one, and they had a Danger Room designed then," says Verreaux. "But it wasn't completely built. It kind of came together. We'd built part of the Danger Room inside of the Mansion." But due to budgetary constraints, the sequence was removed from the shooting schedule, and the small Danger Room set was put into storage. "Bryan really wanted to add it, but we just couldn't. There's only so much money."

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) tries to come to terms with the sudden appearance of Jean Grey (Famke Janssen)
For X3, however, the filmmakers made the Danger Room a top priority. "It was pretty important," says Verreaux. "This time, when we went in to the studio, we said 'We really want to have this! This is an X-Men thing!'"

Considering how important the Danger Room was, the filmmakers realized they needed to take it in a whole new direction. "There was a moment when we pulled the old set out of storage where we were like, that's the Danger Room?," says Verreaux. "It's a very small set. And if we used this, you'd never believe the scene. So we didn't use it. We built another Danger Room."

Verreaux describes the new set as "a big round room," with its key feature being that it will allow more than one X-Men to train within it. "We changed it a little bit because we wanted to open it up, otherwise you don't see as much of the room as you would have seen. The first set, it was really just sort of 'a space.' Not much room. But now [the actors] are doing a bunch of stuff and they're actually all in the space."

That being said, what can Wolverine and the X-Men expect to confront in the Danger Room? "A giant robot," says Verreaux. As the silver robot appears in production paintings, it's seen only from its foot to just below its knee joint. "We're going to see a bit of him. Not a whole lot. But we will see him in the Danger Room sequence, and the X-Men will be fighting against him."

http://uk.filmforce.ign.com/articles/701/701590p1.html

for me it looks not so big, at least, seeing this pic, I hope is bigger than I can see.

Angamb said:
for me it looks not so big, at least, seeing this pic, I hope is bigger than I can see.

We're only seeing a small portion of the DR.

Seeing the danger room transform that way is more than i could have ever imagined or hoped for, I cant describe what i was expecting but i have the image inside my head and its total crap compared to how they have done it :D

_BB_ said:
Seeing the danger room transform that way is more than i could have ever imagined or hoped for, I can describe what i was expecting but i have the image inside my head and its total crap compared to how they have done it :D

Wait till we get to see it in motion. :D

do you think the set is real, or is green screen?

both i'd imagine. They probably did it the same as X2 with cerebro, they had one section of wall built and they just moved it around for the shot that was needed and the rest of the dome was built up digitally dependant on where the real section of wall was

Wasnt there that huge set with green screen and people nearby were complaining about explosions at about 2am in the morning?

Yeah that was for both the danger room and the bridge I think. That shot from the website though when the danger room is actually turned off looks to me like it was done the same way as cerebro

That looks really good, like :eek: :up:

Electrix said:
Wasnt there that huge set with green screen and people nearby were complaining about explosions at about 2am in the morning?
Yeah there was and i think it was for the Danger Room sequence.....

42913093d0ea07997bo7fj.jpg

Image Courtesy of JMV

Electrix said:

The green screen was for the Golden Gate bridge as BB pointed out. The explosions for Alctraz and the Danger Room...
64126004c46150d49fb4cr.jpg

46330595d7b4c8bf54o7lf.jpg

Now we know what those mysterious night shoots were for with the lights.It's the Sentinel.

Angamb said:
thanks! I think it too. But the floor could be real, don't? I hope it.
I think it's real. Thats not so hard to construct.

Cool pic. I really wanted the Danger Room to look like a big, silver, and round circular room at one point in the movie. It looks awesome!

It'll be good to see the audiences reaction when the scenery turns into a big round room. They will have thought it was real!

Has anyone explained how the Danger Room works in the movieverse? is it holograms or a round room where Xavier can play tricks with everyone's minds?

Ummm...No, nothing like that yet...We probably won't find out for sure until closer to release..

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"