Sequels The DANGER ROOM in the sequels Thread

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
The DANGER ROOM in the next sequels

Almost everyone wanted to see the danger room since the first movie, and we finally get it in X3. Some was happy with the scene, others not so much, but if they do one day X4, there will be room for a new and probably better session, so I create this thread to post our thoughts, desires, ideas, some comic scans etc. concercing the great "danger room" of the X-school.

So let's discuss! :yay:

I was never a fan of including the Danger Room in the films, but I actually enjoyed the sequence in X3. Great way to reintroduce the X-Men.

That being said, I wouldn't want it to be in X4. Seems too repetitive. I'd wait for an X5 or some spinoff.

I was never a fan of including the Danger Room in the films, but I actually enjoyed the sequence in X3. Great way to reintroduce the X-Men.

That being said, I wouldn't want it to be in X4. Seems too repetitive. I'd wait for an X5 or some spinoff.
I don't have any sessions in the Danger Room like the one in X3, but I do include it. There's a brief scene where Logan teaches close quarters combat in there, and a Danger Room brawl between Logan and Gambit. The rest of the battles are real. ;)

I was dissapointed with the scene in X3, I saw it before the film itself, but seeing it again, I think it is poor. Yes, it was a nice idea, to introduce again their powers, but the interaction wasn't that great, and the use of the powers a bit poor, specially Rogue and Colossus. And Storm too, now that I think about it.

My ideal scene in X4 is a session without holograms, seeing the danger room like it is, and with all the possibilities it has to attack the x-men.

I'll try to post a little video from Evolution, like an idea.

I don't have any sessions in the Danger Room like the one in X3, but I do include it. There's a brief scene where Logan teaches close quarters combat in there, and a Danger Room brawl between Logan and Gambit. The rest of the battles are real. ;)

I'd hope it plays out like the one in the comics did... The tactics used define a large part of Gambit's character.

It would be nice to see the 'traditional' Danger Room, with various weapons and mechanical/electronic objects appearing from the walls and floor. The floor of the X3 DR (as seen in the image above) does seem to be in sections where objects could come up from, so there is hope.

On the other hand, more holograms could be good too, if it was something creative.

I think what ruined the DR scene in X3 for me was that I knew it happened. For those who did not know **** about the movie, it must have been a great surprise. I myself, 1 or 2 years before X3 came out, used to suggest in other forums that there would be no better way to start an X-movie than having the X-Men in a huge action scene, and then in the end we found out it was the DR. It happened exactly how I used to picture, but as Angamb said, the character interactions and overall power displays were beyond poor. The scene didn't even have its own musical theme, just bits of the movie cut to rougly match the footage. Rogue and Colossus sucked hard, and it all seemed like a "Let's praise Wolverine" moment, unfortunately.

Once again, the fact I knew absolutely everything about the scene was a big factor. I clearly remember one woman on the cinema that, when she saw the Sentinel head falling, she said out loud "Oh My God!!!" and then after some silence, "Was it a real Sentinel?" to the person beside her. I could hear more surprise sounds after the room starts to disintegrate. I wish I felt that, and this is why I pray that I can be at least 80% spoiler free for the future movies...I know it will be hard, since I've already read a script review for Wolverine, but I'll try. Wolverine is not a movie I'm looking forward to watching on cinemas anyways. Unless I read spetacular reviews (which I doubt), or that some X-Men appears in it (which I also doubt), I'm waiting for the dvd...

In the end, I blame X2. If the movie wasn't so great, I surely wouldn't want to know everything about X3 like I did.

hehe. Don't blame X2 :oldrazz:

I'm agreed with you, and in my case, I really hope when X4 starts, the production I mean, I will be out of the net, I think I will do it, mostly because by that time, I'll be working more, and more time out of home, so all of that will help me. Don't want to be 75% spoiled again. :csad:

I'd hope it plays out like the one in the comics did... The tactics used define a large part of Gambit's character.
There's a comic scans thread on this forum here. Could you scan that comic scene? I know about their brawl, but I've never actually seen it. I love incorporating comic scenes into the movie as much as possible, so I'd really appreciate if you'd show me that scene. :woot:

I they do another Danger Room scene I hope they follow how they did the one in X3 I really liked it, but the next time if there's one they should have it be more relatable to the plot or train them better to handle their new threat

although a fantastic dangerroom scene in X3, and I get that the session was to prepare them for the end, but there wasn't enough teamwork or as much connection as I thought there would be is it just me?

I'd like to see a better look of the danger room, I mean, see it entirely, and from different angles.... something like these pics:

Well, I would have liked a bit more of an introduction to the Danger Room, but I think that would be too repetitive now. Instead, I would like to see the room come alive (kind of like it did in the X2 teaser) and then eventually fully transform.

the X2 teaser was amazing, I mean, how the danger room worked, if one day they use it that way, I'll be really satisfied :wow:

i really wanna c tat teaser again

oo d good old days. when i use to respect bryan singer

I loved that teaser and the concept of the floor and ceiling panels moving up and down, as well as other hazards of the danger room, I fell in love with it. I was more interested in seeing that version rather than a hologram.

I would have loved to have seen Cyclops let loose in the DR. It could have been in X3, as a way of showing him vent his frustration.

I loved that teaser and the concept of the floor and ceiling panels moving up and down, as well as other hazards of the danger room, I fell in love with it. I was more interested in seeing that version rather than a hologram.

Me too. The X3 version of the room itself was really poor. We have just to compare with the first pic of this post.

I don't expect Danger Room to appear in the movies unless they have a new student in the school that needs to train for field missions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"