• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official: Edgar Wright News/Ant-Man Update Thread.

Odiin, you summed my feelings up perfectly. There's plenty of goodwill left for these huge superhero epics, IM, Cappie, Thor, Sub Mariner etc etc etc, why can't we have a fun and more personal movie from a great upcoming director. I guess Marvel would be considered an "Independent" studio; Ant-Man sounds like one of the best possiblities for an interesting indie-style character flick. Personally, I'd love to see someone with a Paul Giamatti-persona in the role (like Simon Pegg in Shaun), having fun with it. Leave his part in saving the world to when he hits The Avengers.

I got my passes to the local Hot Fuzztival, I'll grill Wright for whatever news I can :)

Yes, yes, and more yes.

By the way, will this be your first time seeing Hot Fuzz? If so you'll definitely want to pay attention to the awesome over the top action that fills up the last 30 minutes or so of the movie :up:.

I honestly can't think of anyone that would make a better, more memorable Ant-Man movie than Edgar Wright. I definitely see this turning out to be a cult classic that people will STILL be talking about decades from now, and that's important because it's something I don't see happening with most of the big budget comic book movies that have come out recently, regardless of how good some of them may be.

I actually want to see Eric O'Grady's "Irredemeable" Ant-Man in the movie. An anti-hero ant man saving girls lives because he'd like to have sex with them later or at least spy on them while naked. Yum, yum. Irresponsible for the children? To hell with them. :)

I actually want to see Eric O'Grady's "Irredemeable" Ant-Man in the movie. An anti-hero ant man saving girls lives because he'd like to have sex with them later or at least spy on them while naked. Yum, yum. Irresponsible for the children? To hell with them. :)

I know the perfect cameo:

hansen_chris_2005_sm.jpg

"Why don't you have a seat in that chair."

Edgar Wright
clear.gif
"I Like Films"

Male
32 years old
London, East
United Kingdom

onlinenow.gif

Last Login: 3/27/2007
Didn't even know this was really him. Hell I saw this site a long time ago when he had no friends and thought it was fake. LOL

Hey guys. Here's a fantastic update.

I am going to be interviewing Edgar Wright live in person on Saturday in Austin, Texas. I'll have the details on here as soon as I can.

Harry said the same thing on AICN or at least he'd be seeing him. Cool Vile.

That's because the Hot Fuzztival is at the Alamo Drafthouse and Harry Knowles was probably partly responsible for it happening.

Probably.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 29 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12:00A[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in DALLAS - HOT FUZZ[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ AMC Northpark 15, 8687 N. Central Expressway, Dallas[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 29 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5:00P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in BOSTON - INFERNAL AFFAIRS[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ The Brattle Theatre, 40 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 29 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:15P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in BOSTON - INFERNAL AFFAIRS[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ The Brattle Theatre, 40 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 29 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in SAN FRANCISCO - L.A. CONFIDENTIAL[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ The Clay Theatre, 2261 Fillmore Street – San Francisco [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 29 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9:30P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in BOSTON - INFERNAL AFFAIRS[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ The Brattle Theatre, 40 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 31 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12:00P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in AUSTIN - HOT FUZZ + OTHERS[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ Alamo Drafthouse Downtown, 409 Colorado Street, Austin[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 2 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5:30P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in SEATTLE - BULLITT[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ Landmark Varsity Theater, 4329 University Way N.E., Seattle [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 2 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in SEATTLE - HOT FUZZ[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ Landmark Varsity Theater, 4329 University Way N.E., Seattle [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 3 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in SAN FRANCISCO - HOT FUZZ[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ Embarcadero Center Cinema, One Embarcadero Center – San Francisco [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 7 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6:00P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in LOS ANGELES - HOT FUZZ, HARD BOILED AND POINT BREAK[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ The Aero Theater, 1328 Montana Avenue (at 14th Street), Santa Monica, CA. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 10 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6:00P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in NEW YORK - ELECTRA GLIDE IN BLUE[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ Film Society of Lincoln Center/Walter Reade Theater - 70 Lincoln Center Plaza [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 10 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT]Fuzzball Rally in NEW YORK - HOT FUZZ[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@ Location: Film Society of Lincoln Center/Walter Reade Theater - 70 Lincoln Cente [/FONT]

Although it's likely been brought up, here are some scenes I would definitely like to see in Ant-Man:

-Size changing from different perspectives. Seeing through Ant-Man's eyes (maybe on the first transformation) as he shrinks down to half an inch and the room around him looms above. Or seeing from someone else's view as he disappears in the blink of an eye. If Ant-Man becomes gigantic in the movie a similar effect of noting the different perspective would be cool.

-In the Ultimate Universe, Henry had a neat trick where he would wear a trench coat and he would suddenly shrink, causing the coat to suddenly appear empty and fall to the ground. I would like to see a scene where Henry or Scott is sneaking into a building appears to just be wearing a trench coat. Then he puts on his helmet on and then fwip, his coat flaps to the ground and Ant-Man is nowhere to be seen. He then flies/rides an ant under a door or whatever.

-Henry Pym accidentally shrunk struggling to save himself from ants. It would be the first time he shrinks and he immediately has to fend for his life. Lots of action and humor/wonder and part of his origin story.

-Retired Henry Pym moving furnitire by shrinking it. I'd like to see Scott breaking into Henry and Janet's home and hearing Janet ask where the refridgerator is and Henry replies it's in his pocket or something funny. Or Janet asks Henry to move a heavy book case so he casually shrinks it, adjusts it a little bit while it's tiny, and then he regrows it while from hiding Scott's jaw drops. There are lots of oppurtunities for humor with this.

-Switching between growing/shrinking during fights. A guy points a gun at Ant-man and all of a sudden he's too small to see. The thug looks around and then BWAM! Ant-man is super big and squishing the guy in his hands.

Hey guys. Here's a fantastic update.

I am going to be interviewing Edgar Wright live in person on Saturday in Austin, Texas. I'll have the details on here as soon as I can.

I hope you had better luck than I did. No personal interview here, but people were delicately broaching the subject during the Q&A, and I tried to mention it while the three signed my poster... he's staying pretty quiet, and I'm wasn't getting happy vibes. Super nice guys, all around. Got a man-hug from Nick :woot:

SEE HOT FUZZ!

Odiin, sorry I missed your message above. Seeing the insane action on that screen confirmed my choice to see this guy do a super-hero flick. Even if it's not Ant-Man, (hopefully it is) he is such a talent. His Michael Bay/Tony Scott mimicry was spot-on.

Although it's likely been brought up, here are some scenes I would definitely like to see in Ant-Man:

-Size changing from different perspectives. Seeing through Ant-Man's eyes (maybe on the first transformation) as he shrinks down to half an inch and the room around him looms above. Or seeing from someone else's view as he disappears in the blink of an eye. If Ant-Man becomes gigantic in the movie a similar effect of noting the different perspective would be cool.

-In the Ultimate Universe, Henry had a neat trick where he would wear a trench coat and he would suddenly shrink, causing the coat to suddenly appear empty and fall to the ground. I would like to see a scene where Henry or Scott is sneaking into a building appears to just be wearing a trench coat. Then he puts on his helmet on and then fwip, his coat flaps to the ground and Ant-Man is nowhere to be seen. He then flies/rides an ant under a door or whatever.

-Henry Pym accidentally shrunk struggling to save himself from ants. It would be the first time he shrinks and he immediately has to fend for his life. Lots of action and humor/wonder and part of his origin story.

-Retired Henry Pym moving furnitire by shrinking it. I'd like to see Scott breaking into Henry and Janet's home and hearing Janet ask where the refridgerator is and Henry replies it's in his pocket or something funny. Or Janet asks Henry to move a heavy book case so he casually shrinks it, adjusts it a little bit while it's tiny, and then he regrows it while from hiding Scott's jaw drops. There are lots of oppurtunities for humor with this.

-Switching between growing/shrinking during fights. A guy points a gun at Ant-man and all of a sudden he's too small to see. The thug looks around and then BWAM! Ant-man is super big and squishing the guy in his hands.

i want to see him throw someone up in the air while small and then body slam them at full-size.

Now all I can imagine is Nick Frost an ill fitting spandex Ant-Man suit.

:ninja:

i really do think that Simon Pegg would make a decent Scott Lang. he has that 'everyman' look about him.

Simon Pegg would be great as Ant-Man, or even Yellow Jacket. But not exactly sure about Giant Man. He could probably pull it off, as long as he trained and got all buff like Tobey Maguire did for Spider-Man.

Wait, did they say the movie would be about Scott Lang and not Hank Pym?

Because I think Hank Pym would be a better starting point, maybe even a better overall story. Showing the character's many flaws. Show his insecurities, show him changing super hero personas
[Ant Man-Giant Man-Yellow Jacket] because he doesn't feel good enough, show his mental issues and breakdowns, show his ego and his temper, but also show that over all he is a good guy with major issues and problems.
That character arc could take up to three of four movies right there.

I also think that Edgar Wright could pull that off too, very well. Show Hank to be a majorly flawed human but someone the public could still like somehow.

I don't think Pegg and Frost will be in the Ant Man movie. Well at least not the main charcaters any way. They may have a cameo or small role like Bruce cambpell does in sam raimi movies

I wonder who the villain in the movie will be? Ant-Man doesn't have the greatest archnemesis. His biggest foes I know of are Egghead and Ultron. I could see Egghead appearing as the human "low level" threat like Falconey in Batman Begins.

If the movie follows Scott Lang, having Henry Pym's old creation going crazy and threatenthe world could be good motivation for Scott to become a hero. Now that I think about it, Lang's motivation for stealing the Pym gear in the first place was to get money to help his sick daughter Cassie; this is nearly identical what Raimi created for Sandman's motivation in Spider-Man 3.

Wikipedia reveals the presence of two other villains I wasn't aware of, Scarlet Beetle, an intelligent radioactive bug that builds an army to kill all humans and uses Pym's gas to grow to giant size and Voice, a radio operator who gets bombarded with radiation and gains vocal mental control. I'm not familar with them, but I could see the Scarlet Beetle guy showing up.

This is what IMDB.com reports:

Director: Edgar Wright

Writers: Joe Cornish
Edgar Wright

Release Date: 2008 (USA) more

Genre: Action / Adventure / Comedy / Sci-Fi / Thriller more

Plot Outline: Biochemist Dr. Hank Pym uses his latest discovery,
a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-
altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry,
he develops an instrument that helps him communicate
with and control insects.

Plot Keywords: Character Name In Title

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: In a holding pattern. According to Edgar Wright, "We're figuring things out with the script and we haven't initiated casting."

Status Updated: 16 February 2007

Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

I am not sure who he would fight though. Ultron seems like he would be a good second movie villian or maybe even the Avenger movie bad guy.
But then again, who else is there?

I am very interseted to see what Edgar Wright does with the character and movie.

I wonder who the villain in the movie will be? Ant-Man doesn't have the greatest archnemesis. His biggest foes I know of are Egghead and Ultron. I could see Egghead appearing as the human "low level" threat like Falconey in Batman Begins.

If the movie follows Scott Lang, having Henry Pym's old creation going crazy and threatenthe world could be good motivation for Scott to become a hero. Now that I think about it, Lang's motivation for stealing the Pym gear in the first place was to get money to help his sick daughter Cassie; this is nearly identical what Raimi created for Sandman's motivation in Spider-Man 3.

Wikipedia reveals the presence of two other villains I wasn't aware of, Scarlet Beetle, an intelligent radioactive bug that builds an army to kill all humans and uses Pym's gas to grow to giant size and Voice, a radio operator who gets bombarded with radiation and gains vocal mental control. I'm not familar with them, but I could see the Scarlet Beetle guy showing up.

the first villain that Scott Lang faced was Darren Cross; the head of Cross Technology Corporation. he was kidnapping homeless people and having their hearts surgically transplanted into his continuously-mutating body. he had also kidnapped the only surgeon who could help Cassie.

you thing Stan Lee will have a cameo in this one.

they should save him for the actual Avengers movie and have him be Professor Van Dyne (the Wasp's dad). it was a very brief role in the comics.

they should save him for the actual Avengers movie and have him be Professor Van Dyne (the Wasp's dad). it was a very brief role in the comics.

Wasn't he killed by aliens or something crazy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"