The Official Flash Casting Thread

I checked Scott Porter and Shia LaBeouf. I know some people would breathe fire at the thought of LaBeouf playing The Flash, but if there's any superhero he's capable of playing it would be Flash, since LaBeouf is a master of the fast talk. I actually hadn't ever considered him before, but if for some reason WB didn't want to give the role to Scott Porter (who is still my #1 choice, BTW) I could see him being the studio's "safe choice."

WallyWest.jpg

1. Scott Porter
2. Adam Brody
3. Dustin Milligan

Last edited:
i dont really see jgl being picked, same with shia. Porter i do hope gets to test for the role if the character really is going to be next one up. But we need a few more details to know what direction they are going and all that.

^ Has a really nice look but I've never heard of him.

EDIT: Nevermind... Cloverfield. Eh. IDK. He really got on my nerves in that movie.

i just don't anyone who's generic. I want stage presence.

I never thought of JGL, but now that he´s been brought up, he´s the only actor I can picture as both Barry and Wally; he has great comedic timing, can play cocky, yet sweet/lovable guy and - most important - he´s a great actor, I´d be happy with him (also, he being in Inception could give´im a chance).

Now, Wally is my favorite Flash, yet, I´m sure they´re gonna go with Barry and (hopefully) have Wally as a secondary character; who knows ? Maybe they´ll both get their powers at the same accident with Barry´s developing first or something; I would love to have NPH as Barry, I think he´d be perfect, and Scott Porter IS Wally West, but of course, if they go with Barry, then Porter would be too old to play Wally.

Polux.

I've brought up JGL as well.

I don't know the direction of the movie, but we'll know in due time. I think a guy like JGL can only benefit a movie like this.

and personally, I think he would be good no matter if he's Barry or Wally........or BOTH (GASP)

yea its still likely to be barry film. Which like i and others have said they can easily have wally play a key supporting role and build up the character to later on be flash if they do that. So i would go like have barry be 27-29 yrs old and i would make wally be 17-19 yrs old. So first there is a nice age difference between barry and wally and all that.

Five bucks says it's gonna be Barry not Wally as the The Flash on the big screen.

P.S Either Ryan Gosling or Scott Porter for the role of Barry Allen / The Flash.

Would people please get over mentioning RYAN GOSLING FOR COMIC BOOK ROLES!!!! I really regret even putting him on the poll. He is NOT INTERESTED in doing them, and he's made that abundantly clear... therefore I'm really tired of seeing his name in every single thread for every single DC Hero u can think of.

rant over

Five bucks says it's gonna be Barry not Wally as the The Flash on the big screen.

P.S Either Ryan Gosling or Scott Porter for the role of Barry Allen / The Flash.

The Hollywood Reporter said it's going to be Barry!

and yeah, BatlovescatDC is right. Gosling has stated that he's not interested in doing comic book movies. Though if the talent (or the pay) is write, never say never in Hollywood.

Scott Porter for Barry Allen.

F**k Wally West. We all knew it would be Barry all along.

They're bound to throw Wally's comedic mannerisms into Barry anyway.

I'm sure it'll be a slight amalgamation of both characters.

If Wally's the Ryan Reynolds type (cocky, fast-talking), then I think Barry will be portrayed (humor wise) like a Paul Rudd type: The ever day man that people will generally like at work or whatever, with a dry sense of humor.

In the current series, that's what Barry is pretty much is: Paul Rudd.

Last edited:
Or think of Jim from 'The Office'. Barry Allen like.

I'm sure it'll be a slight amalgamation of both characters.

If Wally's the Ryan Reynolds type (cocky, fast-talking), then I think Barry will be portrayed (humor wise) like a Paul Rudd type: The ever day man that people will generally like at work or whatever, with a dry sense of humor.

In the current series, that's what Barry is pretty much is: Paul Rudd.

If Paul Rudd were younger he would be a perfect fit.

Not cool.....

I was saying we'd get Barry from the start. That was the inside word. It seemed more obvious when Johns joined.

Wally fans didn't listen.

But regardless we're getting Barry and he's bound to have Wally's mannerisms as well.... all sides should be happy with that.

If they character is going to be a hybrid they may as well call him Wally Allen.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep the two characters separate. Let Barry be the boring, serious older guy, and let Wally be the hip, fast talking younger guy who takes over later on. That way, when the torch passes it will be as satisfying as it was in the comics.

What Geoff Johns doesn't understand is that Wally West is a better character than Barry Allen.......but whatever, I'm happy we are getting a Flash movie.

Give Wally West a television show, with Mark Waid on the writing team:yay:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"