The Official 'I don't get the fuss about...' thread

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
So this is the official 'I dont get the fuss about...' thread. It will be used to discuss games you personally find overrated. Or not even that, just games you don't see the appeal of, or games you have played that everyone else loved and didn't get the fuss over it. Or even upcoming games that everyone is pumped for

Mario, Zelda and 99% of Nintendo cutesy games: I don't get what people see in them, and laughed my ass off at Conker, which was pretty much a mock take of the genre. They seem basic , and to have changed very little since the 80's.

Final Fantasy: Never got the appeal of fighting where you have to WAIT YOUR TURN while someone pounds the crap out of your life bar.

Metal Gear Solid: Splinter Cell Pwns. Nuff said.

Marvel Vs Capcom games: You're not playing as Marvel characters, your playing as a streetfighter character with a marvel animation slapped on.

Shadow of the Colossus: one of the most overrated games of all time.

Goldeneye: Never saw anything special in it, even when it was first released.

Halflife and Halflife 2: Never liked the first. Gave the second a try, but after an opening few levels which threw in a lot of gaming cliches into s hort a time as possible, gave up on it.

what about your choices?

Halo: That's Halo? :confused: that was my thought when I played it.

Yeah, Halo. I played it and got fed up with it. It's just like every other shooter.

WHF... I dont get what all the fuss about him is.

halo 2: just wasnt amazed by the single player

jade empire: advancement system favors being diverse intstead of specialized i like making uber mage or melee guys :(

metal gear 3: i liked when mgs 1 and 2 were interactive movies :(

pokemon: red and blue are good the rest are just rehashes

timesplitters 2: felt like a bunch of modders made a bunch of random maps

peter molyneux: living on past reputation, should of learned to keep his mouth shut after black and white, but instead ramped up the hyperbole and bs to astronomical levels for fable.
hyped fable to be sound like a free roaming game but instead we got a linear action adventure game

Horrorfan said:

What the f**k dude.

Metal Gear Solid: Splinter Cell Pwns. Nuff said.

Agreed.

Shadow of the Colossus: one of the most overrated games of all time.

Bulls**t. The game was amazing and completely different from anything I have ever played before.

Goldeneye: Never saw anything special in it, even when it was first released.

Eh, it was an amazing game if you had a few gamer friends. Deathmatch NEVER got old, like, 6 hours straight denying food and drink amazing.

Halflife and Halflife 2: Never liked the first. Gave the second a try, but after an opening few levels which threw in a lot of gaming cliches into s hort a time as possible, gave up on it.

I could see that.

Me?

I ****ing hate Riddick, the first Perfect Dark, that whole PSP thing, DDR, and Thief.

3 of the 5 thing I just said would make WHF hate me so much, but I still love him.

It is, considering.... HE DOESN'T HAVE A GINA :eek:

Indiglo said:
What the f**k dude.

Bulls**t. The game was amazing and completely different from anything I have ever played before.

Eh, it was an amazing game if you had a few gamer friends. Deathmatch NEVER got old, like, 6 hours straight denying food and drink amazing.

Re Zelda: Can't stand the whole kiddy vibe I get off it. It may not be like that, but the graphics, the costume....none of it meshes well and makes me determined not to pick it up. I find Nintendo overrated on the whole (aside from Eternal Darkness, which still would have been better, excellent as it was, if done by capcom).

RE Shadow of the Colossus: You have never played repetitive, monster killing games with little to no story before?:confused:

Also Devil May Cry. Good first game, then increasingly generic demons and gameplay that doesn't change from one installment ot the next, with increasingly poor 'plots'.

Horrorfan said:
Re Zelda: Can't stand the whole kiddy vibe I get off it. It may not be like that, but the graphics, the costume....none of it meshes well and makes me determined not to pick it up. I find Nintendo overrated on the whole (aside from Eternal Darkness, which still would have been better, excellent as it was, if done by capcom).

Are you talking about WindWaker? That's slightly less wtf, but I'm talking about OoT.

RE Shadow of the Colossus: You have never played repetitive, monster killing games with little to no story before?:confused:

You can't seriously be dismissing SotC off as 'repetitive, monster killing game with little to no story'. That's f**cking ******ed. The game was sick on so many levels. It was as close to art as any game has ever came.

Indiglo said:
Are you talking about WindWaker? That's slightly less wtf, but I'm talking about OoT.

You can't seriously be dismissing SotC off as 'repetitive, monster killing game with little to no story'. That's f**cking ******ed. The game was sick on so many levels. It was as close to art as any game has ever came.

I personally find someone who feels the need to define art as 'f**king ******ed' myself. It's pretencious and doesn't seem to realise that everyone has their own idea of what art is.

You dont learn anything about your character, all you do is jump, stab monster, jump, stab, jump, stab kill. The very DEFINITION of the word repetitive.

I took it back, and didn't finish, but from what I've heard of the ending it was the dumbest, most ******ed in history.

I haven't played zelda since the 8 bit days, and don't intend to.

Since the 8 bit... holy ****, you can't even judge Zelda than, if you haven't played the 3d games.

Indiglo said:
Since the 8 bit... holy ****, you can't even judge Zelda than, if you haven't played the 3d games.

I never claimed to ....I just said I don't like the kiddy vibe I get from it and won't ever pick it up. Plus the forumula seems to have remained the same for 20 years or so.

But you haven't even played the good zeldas... And you are judging them, by calling them kiddie and ****, and you haven't even played them! Haha!

Indiglo said:
But you haven't even played the good zeldas... And you are judging them, by calling them kiddie and ****, and you haven't even played them! Haha!

No, you've missed the point. Saying I get a kiddie vibe from them doesn't mean they are, nessicarily....just that I don't care to play to find out.

It's killing monsters blas, that's all, killing monsters isn't art :mad:

Horrorfan said:
No, you've missed the point. Saying I get a kiddie vibe from them doesn't mean they are, nessicarily....just that I don't care to play to find out.

I missed no point :confused:

You said you weren't judging them, but by not playing them because they are 'kiddy' is judging them.

without playing them

Indiglo said:
I missed no point :confused:

You said you weren't judging them, but by not playing them because they are 'kiddy' is judging them.

without playing them

Saying they SEEM kiddy isn't saying they ARE kiddy. I just have no interest in finding out. I have no burning desire to control an effeminate cartoon elf guy.

Okay you're a dumbass and I'm going to avoid you now.

k bye :)

Because I'd love to stay here and argue about a game you don't like when you haven't played the game.

Loser: You, due to complete ignorance.

:up:

Horrorfan said:
Saying they SEEM kiddy isn't saying they ARE kiddy. I just have no interest in finding out. I have no burning desire to control an effeminate cartoon elf guy.
You do realize that this makes you look like an idiot right? You make a thread called "I don't get the fuss about.." and then you're only excuse for disliking a game is that you don't care to find out if it's good. That's why you don't get the fuss about it, because you haven't played it. It'd be different if you had played OoT and found you disliked it, but that's not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"