Iron Man The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Planet!

The Power Is Yours
Reaction score
Yeah, may be a little early, but if you've seen the movie and want to post reviews about it this is the thread to post it in. Saves a lot of room to do it like this instead of everybody making their own thread.

If your review contains spoilers, put it in spoiler tags.

Liar, you just wanted to be the one to make this thread :oldrazz:

I hereby sticky this topic.

I hereby subscribe to this thread so I can post my inevitable review next week.

I've read 4 (proper) reviews and it sounds like exactly the kind of film i thought it'd be: an enjoyable comedy action film where you can leave your brain at the cinema door.

Ah,come on,what is up with the held back written reviews for Iron Man from the people that voted on the poll who saw it??
One would be nice.

I've read 4 (proper) reviews and it sounds like exactly the kind of film i thought it'd be: an enjoyable comedy action film where you can leave your brain at the cinema door.

That's what you want in a movie, innit?

Ive made a separate Critics review thread to discuss their reviews, This one will be saved for posters reviews and re opened on Wednesday night.

Since the official thread is still closed (this could be merged in there, I guess), here's what I thought:

Bloody awesome. Really. It was surprisingly faithful to the material, with the necessary changes here and there, of course. They didn't go into Rhodey's history much and changed some stuff with Obadiah, but they certainly got the essences of the characters. It was a really fulfilling film. Definitely the best comic-to-film movie I've seen and enjoyed.

It has some really great scenes. Downey does great as the sarcastic Tony Stark, although he's less convincing when it comes to the serious stuff. One particular conversation with Pepper (Paltrow) felt a little hollow. Paltrow also did a splendid job. Sadly Happy Hogan didn't get a real role (played by Favreau). What little we got to see of Rhodey was great too. His interaction with Tony is great.

Stane too, wonderfully cast, although he ends up a bit two-dimensional in the end. There's not a lot to make you care for him, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and the way he goes out is relatively lame. Flinging his arms up in a cheesy supervillain pose while struck with a blast from a reactor core. That leads to another point of contention, by the way: The armour was done beautifully and all the scenes with it are great, but the fight with Stane isn't as action-packed as I'd hoped. Still tense, but less slugfest and more Tony running for his life.

All in all, it was a great movie and one I'm sure you won't regret seeing.

:wow: Great review Harlekin. Even more pumped to see this.

Harlekin,I got one question,if you count all of the minutes worth of action that involves Ironman fighting,how much is the total of those action sequences???
:yay:

How in the hell did you get to see it, Harlekin? Good Review, though.

And Iron Monger doing a cheesy supervillain pose? HAHAHA...thats something to look forward to.

Harlekin,I got one question,if you count all of the minutes worth of action that involves Ironman fighting,how much is the total of those action sequences???
:yay:
Oh boy, I'd still say at least half an hour's worth. It's especially the stuff with the Mark 1 armor that's a joy to see though.

the question everyone wants to know:

Is Nick Fury in the after credits scene?
Didn't stick around after the credits :(. Multitude of references to SHIELD though. Very awesome.

How in the hell did you get to see it, Harlekin? Good Review, though.
Went to the premiere here in the Netherlands.

And Iron Monger doing a cheesy supervillain pose? HAHAHA...thats something to look forward to.
It probably wasn't intended as such, but it looks kind of corny.

Here is another question Harlekin,in total minutes wise,how long do we see Stark as Iron Man (fighting/testing the suits)??

Merging.

Remember to to use Spoiler tags, people.

Here is another question Harlekin,in total minutes wise,how long do we see Stark as Iron Man (fighting/testing the suits)??
[blackout]More than half the movie at least.[/blackout] I didn't actually count the minutes.

^Awesome,good old balance of eye candy/story! Thanks Harlekin. :woot:

Doe's anyone at this point find the results of the poll interesting?? I do.

I hate it that i can't see the poll results until after i vote. :csad:

Since the official thread is still closed (this could be merged in there, I guess), here's what I thought:

Bloody awesome. Really. It was surprisingly faithful to the material, with the necessary changes here and there, of course. They didn't go into Rhodey's history much and changed some stuff with Obadiah, but they certainly got the essences of the characters. It was a really fulfilling film. Definitely the best comic-to-film movie I've seen and enjoyed.

It has some really great scenes. Downey does great as the sarcastic Tony Stark, although he's less convincing when it comes to the serious stuff. One particular conversation with Pepper (Paltrow) felt a little hollow. Paltrow also did a splendid job. Sadly Happy Hogan didn't get a real role (played by Favreau). What little we got to see of Rhodey was great too. His interaction with Tony is great.

Stane too, wonderfully cast, although he ends up a bit two-dimensional in the end. There's not a lot to make you care for him, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and the way he goes out is relatively lame. Flinging his arms up in a cheesy supervillain pose while struck with a blast from a reactor core. That leads to another point of contention, by the way: The armour was done beautifully and all the scenes with it are great, but the fight with Stane isn't as action-packed as I'd hoped. Still tense, but less slugfest and more Tony running for his life.

All in all, it was a great movie and one I'm sure you won't regret seeing.

I'm sorry, but this review is giving me 'Ghost Rider' like deja vu.

hello people, just letting you know that I'll be watching the movie 12 hours from now!
:D I'll be posting my review here

D

harlekin, did you feel an anti-war / anti-US military vibe when you watched IM?

some of the early reviews seem to suggest that that was a subtle theme or tone in the movie......

I'm really excited about the movie, but that might dampen my enthusiasm a bit.......

Out of curiosity,how so?

Similar kinda vibe as the earlier GR reviews.

........like he doesn't want to be the one who says it wasn't as good as the all Hype. I may be wrong, but it's just a vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"