Far From Home The Official Spider-Man: Far From Home User Review Thread

This was a fun and enjoyable film, worth seeing in IMAX. The mid-credits scene was, IMO, hands-down the best scene in the movie and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what comes next. The post-credits, while I recognized the characters involved, I haven't a clue as to where that's going and I'm not sure I'm all that buzzed.

The thing with this movie was, coming off of the high from Endgame, I was entertained, but eh...I wasn't blown away by it. I didn't expect this to live up to Endgame and it served its purpose as a fun movie but I just taken away by it. Did anyone else feel like that?

Anyone agree the soundtrack was epic in this film? The 8min suite played during the credits was amazing I had to buy it off iTunes and played it on repeat for a two hour drive lol. I love that electronic Mysterio theme played with the main Spider-Man theme

Meh, was alright.

The first hour was pretty poor if I'm honest, I thought how Mysterio & his elementals story was set up for the first act of the film was pretty poorly done. They were set up as being potential world ending beings & I was sitting there thinking is Spider-Man really the best person for Fury to be calling to handle these things if he believed they were as big a threat as he was saying?

Also as others have pointed out, some of the jokes & designed comical moments just aren't as funny to the audience as I think they are to whoever wrote them. The Peter tingle nonsense is a good example, that went on for the entire film & it wasn't funny.

Most, but not all, of Ned's stuff I didn't find particularly funny or entertaining & Flash, they need to do something proper with him. If he's to play a part in future films because a lot of stuff really comes across as bullying & at the risk of wording this wrong, not funny bullying, just outright **** house bullying of Peter.

MJ & Peter stuff was fine, was awkward & I kinda liked it for the most part.

Mysterio as a villain, after the first hour which was nonsense. or so & it's established he's the villain, then he actually becomes good. Really liked the illusions & how they explained them, some of the fight scenes involving them, particularly the ambush in Germany was excellent & by the end of the film I was happy to see some general evolution from Peter in terms of his powers/combat.

Overall, I thought it was alright, to put it into perspective if you handed me a box set of all the MCU films so far & I'd to pick one to re-watch, this wouldn't be anywhere close to the films I'd consider re-watching.

I'd give it a very generous 7/10

Improvement over Homecoming, with Watts actually injecting some visual style into the setpieces. Jake G as Mysterio was an absolute delight and probably the best onscreen Spider-Man villain since Doc Ock. Not to mention that it boasts a stronger thematic core than Homecoming.

8/10

Finally here to post my opinion. Easily a 10/10 for me. I love Spider-Man, and this film was all Spidey all the time. The "Peter Tingle" scene was my fave scene in the movie, and I feel like it had the action beats that Homecoming was sorely lacking, all while maintaining the emotional weight of the first movie....and yes, the mid-credits scene was like an MCU mic-drop. Awesome.

I like that the credit scene was important. They’re often not really worth waiting for but I’d rather they started doing stuff like this.

I on the other hand think that if the scene has such importance for the future, it should have been included in the film proper though.

I like that the credit scene was important. They’re often not really worth waiting for but I’d rather they started doing stuff like this.

Yep...especially cool considering how the post credits scene from Homecoming was about how things aren't often worth the wait...

Finally here to post my opinion. Easily a 10/10 for me. I love Spider-Man, and this film was all Spidey all the time. The "Peter Tingle" scene was my fave scene in the movie, and I feel like it had the action beats that Homecoming was sorely lacking, all while maintaining the emotional weight of the first movie....and yes, the mid-credits scene was like an MCU mic-drop. Awesome.

Agreed completely ...All It needed was a tad bit more action. Movie kind of moved along too slowly at the start due to some edits. However I’m right in line with you. Great film and levels better then HomeComing to me.

8-8.5 out of 10 for me. I really enjoyed this, especially Mysterio. I loved being there with friends who genuinely thought he was a good guy. It's in my top 3 Spider-Man movies. And dat post credit scene DOEEEEEE.

The highlight of the mid credit scene for me was Simmons as JJJ.

he's the ONLY actor that could play that part, and I'm so happy Marvel made an exception to their "new actors for the MCU" rule.

:hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

he's the ONLY actor that could play that part, and I'm so happy Marvel made an exception to their "new actors for the MCU" rule.

It's just one more time that Feige and the MCU teams have listened to the fans on this stuff...and we're all better for it.

Mysterio was done perfectly. Starting to like MJ.

But if they don't get Spidey to start quipping soon they are gonna lose me.

WTF FEIGE?!

First time caller...

Loved the movie, but I see an aspect of it in another light:

I'm not sure if anyone else picked up on this, or was mentioned in another post, but Mysterio was a con man. And as much as I want the multiverse to exist, he may have been lying about that as well. Does anyone have any other reason to believe it exists other than JJ showing up in the post credits scene?

I'd give the movie a solid 7/10. It was alright, not mind blowing or anything, but I liked it better than Homecoming.

I will second whomever was wondering why of all people Spider-Man was chosen to deal with these (for all they knew) supernatural world ending threats. Maybe if they said that he just needed to ensure the safety of the public rather than to go fight these things it would make more sense.

Speaking on that while I am glad that Peter was more concerned about his personal life than whatever Fury was selling, it definitely seems that Peter was only doing so not because of his sense of morality conflicting with what he wanted to do...but because Fury hijacked his trip. While I definitely think that the golems being above Peter's pay grade was a completely valid deterrent, this same damper wasn't there when aliens were invading in Infinity War so it feels...off.

I will say that I don't really care about Peter's classmates and teachers all that much, which is kind of disheartening as Spider-Man has one of the best civilian supporting casts in comic-dom. I wonder what the point of Brad was as he never seemed to be a romantic threat to Peter in the slightest. Perhaps it's my age that makes me think of Peter's classmates as annoying rather than endearing.

Mysterio was great! The second his charade ended, the character was amazing. The first confrontation puts me at a loss for words. While I do wish he hammed it up more in costume (he has to admit the absurdity of it all), I feel he was the best part of the movie. HOWEVER I will say that both linking another bad guy to Tony Stark wasn't the best move as it made even more of Peter's life revolve around Tony.

First time caller...

I'm not sure if anyone else picked up on this, or was mentioned in another post, but Mysterio was a con man. And as much as I want the multiverse to exist, he may have been lying about that as well. Does anyone have any other reason to believe it exists other than JJ showing up in the post credits scene?

Well The Ancient One said it exists in Doctor Strange. She's probably more credible on the subject.

True, but there's a lot more reason for it to not exist.
It exists. The multiverse was mentioned in the Dr. Strange movie. Also, in IW, Strange saw into millions of different futures, which also implies a multiverse.

First time caller...

Why would JJ be any evidence for a multiverse at all? All it means is that an important Spider-man supporting character exists in this adaptation, and that they cast a particularly iconic actor in the role again. None of which says anything about multiverses.

This was honestly by far the lowpoint of the movie for me. The last thing I thought I wanted was Simmons retreading the same old caricature again. Turns out, the REAL last thing I wanted was Simmons retreading his character, but now he's Alex Jones and The Bugle is InfoWars. Which is the take they decided to go with. :rant:

Other than that 30 seconds, I absolutely adored this movie. Peak Spidey entertainment, and Jake Gyllenhaal nailed Mysterio. That switch flip was as legendarily epic as Ted Danson's in The Good Place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"