Homecoming **OFFICIAL** Spider-Man Homecoming SPOILERS Thread

SuperSanchez

I'm Not Mexican
Reaction score
This is the official spoiler thread for the upcoming movie,
Spider-Man Homecoming

PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL SPOILERS before the movie comes out on July 6th, jut in case someone clicks on the wrong thread accidentally.

If you'd like to have non spoiler discussions,
click here!

Last edited:
so according to the new reddit guy:

"michelle reveals towards the end that all her friends call her MJ.
then people make fun of her saying "but you have no friends.""

he also wrote this:

"She wasn't a whole lot like classic MJ, but is in some ways.
She's pretty witty and pokes fun at Peter a lot, but you can tell that she's kind of secretly longing after him a little. She also seems to be one of the only people at school paying attention to him. They don't make any love connections in this film, though.
She's very smart, though. She's seen reading a lot and becomes the leader of their decathlon team.
It's a new take on the character, which is refreshing. We've gotten two classic comic love interest characters already. This should be fun."

he also wrote this:

She's pretty witty and pokes fun at Peter a lot, but you can tell that she's kind of secretly longing after him a little. She also seems to be one of the only people at school paying attention to him. They don't make any love connections in this film, though.
She's very smart, though. She's seen reading a lot and becomes the leader of their decathlon team.
It's a new take on the character, which is refreshing. We've gotten two classic comic love interest characters already. This should be fun."

We haven't even seen MJ done properly. Now we have MJINO? Part of me is hoping that this guy is lying because I still don't understand how Vulture can know who Spider-man is and not die in the end. Won't that create problems in the future? Will it be tucked under the rug never to be mentioned again due to Keaton only signing on for one film? I guess he could always sign on for more.

he also wrote this:

:dry:
He thinks it's fun? No we have NOT gotten a classic interpretation of MJ yet, what is he talking about?? This is ******** wtf are they smoking over at Marvel Studios? If you were going to make Zendaya MJ, fricking MAKE HER MJ & not some INO version that has zero to do with the original character!

If true I'm not sure I'm digging at all that

zendya could be MJ

No thanks.

I wouldn't be against her being MJ if this character she is playing had actually been more like MJ personality-wise (judging from the trailers and clips). I like the idea of her being Michelle, Vulture's daughter. What is with this Liz Allen being his daughter, thing? I mean I will wait to see how it plays out in the movie, if true.

I wouldn't be against her being MJ if this character she is playing had actually been more like MJ personality-wise (judging from the trailers and clips). I like the idea of her being Michelle, Vulture's daughter. What is with this Liz Allen being his daughter, thing? I mean I will wait to see how it plays out in the movie, if true.

I think being Vulture's daughter would indeed be better because she's seems to be playing an all new character. She has almost nothing in common with MJ,
the closest she is to an MJ from the comics is Ultimate MJ since she seems to be smart.

it's seems like such a bad idea to do that (if true) because most people i've talked to about this would've been happy if zendaya was actually an accurate portrayal of mj, and all of the outrage is coming because of this weird "michelle jones but call me mj teehee" hybrid character having zero traits in common with mj.

I think being Vulture's daughter would indeed be better because she's seems to be playing an all new character. She has almost nothing in common with MJ,
the closest she is to a MJ is Ultimate MJ since she seems to be smart.

Right. She is very pretty and I really think she could do it but not as this character she has been showing in the trailers. I mean you could argue she is a baby now and will grow up to be more like the MJ we know and love but I am also worried what if they are changing her name from Mary to Michelle?
Ugh.

Right. She is very pretty and I really think she could do it but not as this character she has been showing in the trailers. I mean you could argue she is a baby now and will grow up to be more like the MJ we know and love but I am also worried what if they are changing her name from Mary to Michelle?
Ugh.
They are
Her name is Michelle Jones

He also said Shocker doesn't wear the mask.So did they literally just make this design for a toy?
spider-man-homecoming-action-figure-shocker-1000736.jpg

I mean what?! The figure is just called Marvel's Shocker, same as the Vulture figure being called Marvel's Vulture.

They are
Her name is Michelle Jones
DDvX_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Last edited:
Does Peter get a new suit by the end of this movie? (Please answer with Yes or No because I don't want to know how it happens!)

PrestoMovie 2 points 16 minutes ago
That's my personal score. I love Spider-Man and consider this to be basically a perfect Spidey movie.

I don't know -what- to believe any more.

PrestoMovie 2 points 16 minutes ago
That's my personal score. I love Spider-Man and consider this to be basically a perfect Spidey movie.

I don't know -what- to believe any more.

Lmao how can this possibly be the perfect Spider-Mam film?? With what he just revealed? Nope.

Sounds like BS to me! Wasn't Michelle confirmed to be Vulture's daughter by the novel?

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/6ixmcm/spiderman_homecoming_spoilers/

Toomes is Liz Allen's dad.
Peter knows who he is because he saw his face on the ferry, and Toome's finds out who Peter is while driving the two to Homecoming. (The don't mess with me scene most likely?) Liz is listing off times Peter has disappeared and Toomes connects the dots.
Toomes doesn't die, Peter saves him
Tony offers Peter a spot on the Avengers, Prepared to introduce Spider-Man to a room full of press immediately, with him wearing a new suit Tony made him. It's basically the Iron Spider suit, but with more of the red and blue design, with gold outlining the giant spider covering his whole torso.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/6ixmcm/spiderman_homecoming_spoilers/

Toomes is Liz Allen's dad.
Peter knows who he is because he saw his face on the ferry, and Toome's finds out who Peter is while driving the two to Homecoming. (The don't mess with me scene most likely?) Liz is listing off times Peter has disappeared and Toomes connects the dots.
Toomes doesn't die, Peter saves him
Tony offers Peter a spot on the Avengers, Prepared to introduce Spider-Man to a room full of press immediately, with him wearing a new suit Tony made him. It's basically the Iron Spider suit, but with more of the red and blue design, with gold outlining the giant spider covering his whole torso.

Please no.

I mean, I agree they should've just cast Zendaya as Mary Jane and not do this whole Michelle/MJ fakeout. But does that really make or break the movie for you people? I would rather they'd go full Mary Jane, but the character being well-written is more important than this for me. And it's early to be sure, but reactions for the film seem really positive thus far - yes, I don't put much stock on random people on Twitter, but least that Daniel guy seems very picky and then there's Steve from Collider saying he's hearing the movie is good/great. We should know better tomorrow, anyway.

Everybody can like/dislike whatever they want, obviously, but I feel what's happening here is very much akin to the fan reactions to Iron Man 3 - which I believe is a great movie by one of the best writer/directors to work on a superhero movie. I'd say the Mandarin reveal is brilliant, but no, it's not like the comics. On Homecoming's case, there's nothing as big as that as far as we know, but some fans seem really adamant on hating the movie even before seeing it for some small changes - because, well, they don't seem very important to the actual plot. Spidey is my favorite superhero and I'd love to see Mary Jane, Gwen, Harry and Flash as close to the comics as possible, but the fact that we are getting something different doesn't mean we are getting something bad. It sure lucks fun to me.

Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"