No Way Home Spider-Man No Way Home - Rate and Review Thread (Spoilers)

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
Movie is coming out in some territories this Wednesday.

If your review contains spoilers please use the spoiler tag.

Can't believe the movie is nearly here.

It seems like just yesterday that Jamie leaked the surprise on Instagram lol

Back from my viewing. I'll post a full review later on. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10 for quality but I really did enjoy it.

Overall. It was a fun movie. Very high in fan service. I was quite survived by the amount of continuity that got talked about from the Raimi and Webb movies. Even moments of reflection that they didn't get in their own movies. And the chemistry between the spider-men was fun

The comedy was toned down from the first. Which is good. Things got quite intense at times.

There are a couple of questions i have about some of the logic. But i think they were just carrying so much and holes started to show abit.

Good film. 7/10.

I don't know what detail we can go into here but I felt that some of the emotional beats were unearned because of how light the previous two films were.

This was an awesome Spider-Man film and much better than Holland's last 2 entries.

Stakes were much higher here and it was overall a darker and more focused film. No more of the high school teen nonsense. It almost feels way too detached in tone from HC and FFH. I was sceptical about Watts directing F4 because of the previous 2 Spidey films, but my faith in him is now restored.

When Tobey & Andrew arrived, I hadn't seen anyone cheering and gasping in such a way since Endgame. Same with Matt Murdock's cameo.

Both Tobey and Andrew had perfect chemistry between each other and Holland's Spidey. Brilliant final battle with all 3 Spider-Men collaborating to defeat the villains.

My only critique is that some of Ock's quips didn't fully land, as they didn't match the serious way he was portrayed in SM2.

9/10

Doc Ock was definitely used in a slightly more comedic way due to his continuous frustration for half the film.

As a film I give it a 7. As fan-service, it's a 9.8. Would've been a 10 if they'd
Cashed in on Tobey's reaction to learning that the Lizard was actually Curt Connors. That felt like a missed opportunity when it came to fan-service-y moments for me.

This film had an Endgame quality about it for me, in that as a Spider-Man fan, you are so overstuffed with content it's hard to not like or at least enjoy everything you are seeing.

However if you try to look at the film from a non-biased perspective, it's simply alright. Enjoyable enough but without question it was made, as others have pointed out, as a fan service as opposed to a well thought out & cohesive story.

It gets a little convoluted at points & the reasoning/logic behind certain character decisions or why some of them are present in the film is a little flimsy shall we say.

Overall, it's a solid, enjoyable, fan friendly film. If you want a biased score, it's a 10/10 for all the content & visual splendour they had present, but if you want me to try to be objective, it's a solid 7/10.

Can we add this thread to the "sticky thread" section? I feel like a lot of people are missing it.

Good movie. I didn't really like the previous MCU Spider-Man movies so I'm glad that this was better. 7/10.
This made me like Tom Holland Spider-Man more. He was very good in this. It was great to see the old characters again.

I thought this was great and to my surprise I thought the multiverse aspects of this were better than Into the Spider-Verse. Peter Parker just means so much more to me than any derivative of him and the emotional beats after knowing these version of the character was a notch higher than Spider-Verse. The villains are also better than in the Spider-Verse in both which are used and how they are used. Those things together with the acting performances standing out more (certainly greater potential by actually seeing the actors rather than just hearing them), just makes for better Spidey universe stuff.

In general it's clearly the best of the MCU Spider-Man films and despite all the craziness it did a lot to set up this Spidey to have all the "mandatory" lessons and turning him into more of the one that we all know, which makes me more interested to see where potential further films will go. Not least since we're also topping off New York with the great versions of Kingpin and Daredevil.

Can we add this thread to the "sticky thread" section? I feel like a lot of people are missing it.
And while we’re at it, why not add the spoiler thread discussion to that as well? I’ve seen others post their first reactions to the movie in the leaks and rumors thread which is a thread I don’t know should still be open considering people have already seen the film, or about to see the film so there’s no need to discuss rumors and speculate on a movie that’s already been released and is about to seen. Seems like there ar members aren’t aware that either one of these threads exist. @flickchick85 any thoughts?

And while we’re at it, why not add the spoiler thread discussion to that as well? I’ve seen others post their first reactions to the movie in the leaks and rumors thread which is a thread I don’t know should still be open considering people have already seen the film, or about to see the film so there’s no need to discuss rumors and speculate on a movie that’s already been released and is about to seen. Seems like there ar members aren’t aware that either one of these threads exist. @flickchick85 any thoughts?
Sure. :up:

An absolute blast. I've been very critical of the MCU Spidey flicks, but I really enjoyed this one and seeing my old favorites from the Raimi trilogy was so amazing emotional. When Tobey showed up, the place went absolutely insane. I swear, I have never heard an audience be that loud, and you can bet i joined in on it! Molina is still so damn good as Octavious and Willem Dafoe is still horrifying as the Green Goblin!

Also, Andrew Garfield was so much better here than in The Amazing Spider-Man movies.

Just overall, it was a very moving and emotional experience to see my old friends. I grew up with the Raimi trilogy and it gave me a chance to say goodbye. I still can't believe what i just witnessed.

Also, I had to pee like 5 minutes in so I missed like 3-5 minutes of the movie, but thankfully was before all the multiverse stuff started.

Yeah When those two showed up, it was louder than the showings I had for infinity war and endgame. It was so nice to be in a theater full of excited people again, and I hope we never have to go back to the way things were the last few years

Yeah When those two showed up, it was louder than the showings I had for infinity war and endgame. It was so nice to be in a theater full of excited people again, and I hope we never have to go back to the way things were the last few years
Agreed! This was such a bonding experience. Man, seeing Tobey again was like a pinch me moment. It really was.

I'm seeing this again tomorrow haha.

And let me just say, I am so so so happy I was able to avoid spoilers for the last week

I can’t remember the last time I was genuinely surprised in a theater, this was surreal. Seeing Tobey again, even Andrew….. I’m about to see it again and I’m so excited to see how everyone will react with fresh eyes.

The only thing I know for sure, is that this is my favorite Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movie

(sorry TASM bros, I had to)

but seriously he was great. His intro scene had everyone in the room going bonkers and the roof absolutely exploded when Tobey showed up

It was so great to hear real crowd reaction again. Once you saw that portal open to "Peter Parker" you could hear the crowd whispering and then when he ran through it the place just exploded. So many people were in Spider-Man onesies at my showing too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"