No Way Home Spider-Man No Way Home - Rate and Review Thread (Spoilers)

I was expecting to see a bunch of 8 or 9s lol but yeah I gave it a 7/10. Excited for the next trilogy and those wanting that classic Spiderman feel in the mcu will maybe be rewarded for waiting with the next film.

I have it a 9. Seeing ppl say now we can get a real Spider-Man movie because his life is messed up now. Not looking forward to that

I just got home from seeing it.

WOW

The best Spider-Man movie made. In my top 5 for a MCU movie. It was fantastic. It had one of the best crowd reactions of any movie I have been to in the last 40 years.

I had managed to stay mostly spoiler free of it, but had heard rumors that Toby, Garfield, and the others would appear....but appearing in and being an intrical part of the story line are two totally different things.

Loved this movie.

I do recall a couple weeks ago I said that Garfield had the potential to steal the show, and I’m happy to say that I think he did, and this is coming from a hardcore Raimi guy. All three of them together was pure bliss, and I’d love to be greedy and say that I want more, but if this is all we ever get I’m pretty sure I’m ok with that.

the coolest thing about this movie is that it somehow brought all 3 generations of fans together, and everyone came out looking like a million bucks.

I do recall a couple weeks ago I said that Garfield had the potential to steal the show, and I’m happy to say that I think he did, and this is coming from a hardcore Raimi guy. All three of them together was pure bliss, and I’d love to be greedy and say that I want more, but if this is all we ever get I’m pretty sure I’m ok with that.

the coolest thing about this movie is that it somehow brought all 3 generations of fans together, and everyone came out looking like a million bucks.
Absolutely. A lot of people like one over the other two....but this movie didn't give the short end of the stick to any of them....all fans should be happy.

Gonna type up a lengthy review tomorrow. Spider-Man 2 I think is still king. But I liked this movie a lot. Quite a lot. The fan service doesn't make a movie great for me, it is story and character etc. I think the movie was strong on those fronts.

This was a great time at the theater. I would probably give it an 8/10.

It’s not perfect due to the overall plot and some character motivations being paper thin. Tom Holland though this was truly a breakout performance. This movie was miles better than HC and FFH.

Andrew stole the show between him and Tobey. Loved seeing them both though and the crowd went nuts.

The last 10 minutes made me EXTREMELY excited to see where they are going next. They are finally gonna give Tom the classic SM stories. If this movie did anything surprising, it was how excited it made me for what’s to come next. Bravo

Listen. All this movie had to do was be satisfying and boy it is. Objectively speaking I give this a solid 8. But what an enjoyable time. I'd argue that the first half was hovering around a flat 7. It was enjoyable and fun, but it got pretty clumsy with the exposition. That said I don't take major issues with the clumsy parts because this is not an easy movie to pull off successfully. I also didn't think the logic for some of the villains tracked according to how they were in their respective earlier films.

However once we get late into the 2nd act, it becomes a triumph. I mean wow what a fun time.

Still pretty early to say, but in terms of Spidey films, I think Into The Spiderverse and Spider-Man 2 are superior films to NWH. However I'm still deciding if I think it's better than ASM1 or SM1. I certainly enjoy it more at this time and I really really like ASM1. Definitely the best one of the Holland trilogy for sure though.

Like it, didn’t love it. While great to see old faces again, fan service isn’t enough for me. There’s just too many plot holes and retconning for my tastes and the story itself is paper thin and based on a faulty premise.

Homecoming is still my favorite of the MCU trilogy.

I went into this expecting something...and it turned into exactly what I was expecting. I was hoping I would be wrong about it. All I kept hearing going into this was that this was different then other MCU movies and so on. It wasn't. Actually, let me rephrase that, the first half is more of the same and the second half is a thrill ride. One half disappointment, one half fan service thrill ride.

Wanted to love this movie badly but I can't. Its about a 7 and most of that is due to just how amazing Tobey and Andrew were. They truly are superhero's because they saved this movie when it needed it most.

Just got back. Man what an experience.

I have two main takeaways from this movie:
  1. It is categorically the best Spider-Man movie to date.
  2. This is not an Ant-Man style laughs and giggles movie, this movie is an emotional gut wrenching wallop.

- Peter and MJ's relationship in this movie is the best Spider-Man romance I have seen, it is by far the healthiest and the most natural of the three Spider couples.

- The villains are great, and I mean great. Lizard gets the short end of the stick a little bit, but even he has a moment or two.

- We could have gotten this bad-ass version of Electro this whole time??? I am angry at ASM2 even more now.

- Doc Ock was great, funny, charming, serious and scary when needed.

- Norman Osborn stole the show among the villains, he was a scary dude when he turned it on.

- Aunt May... Aunt May...

- It was so amazing seeing the three Peters together, Tobey and Andrew picked up right where they left off, they felt like the Peters we knew.

- I'm glad Tobey's Peter and Mary Jane had reconciled, and I hope Andrew's Peter finds his MJ as well.

- The action was great, but the emotion and heart of the movie leaves it as an afterthought.

- Even though this movie is packed to the 9s, it never felt that way.

- The ending was heart breaking, it really was, but it wouldn't be a Peter Parker story if it wasn't.

- That better not be the end of the Peter/MJ story, IT BETTER NOT!!!

As someone who was underwhelmed by Shang-Chi and a little disappointed in Eternals, this movie exceeded my already sky high expectations. This is a Spider-Man fan's dream movie that works even if it wasn't.

It is, as I said, the best Spider-Man movie to date, hands down. Whether or not it is my favourite CBM of all time will require some reflection, but it is up there.

The common theme among all Spider-Man stories is that behind all the webslinging and the quips, it is a story of grief, tragedy, and loss. This movie nails that.

9.5/10

At the end of the day despite all the craziness of this movie with the Multiverse stuff and all the added characters I am so happy that we finally got a MCU Spider-Man where Holland got the shine he deserved.

I mean you got Doctor Strange, the iconic Raimi era villains and the previous Spider-Men including OG Maguire and I felt none of it detracted from Holland's performance in this and at the heart of it its very much his story.

Sure all the hit and miss jokes are still there from the previous movies, but none of it bothered me as much this time around because the personal stakes where there at the forefront.

It took a maniac like Norman Osborn to really get him there, but I felt Holland was actually giving it his all in this as he was constantly being put through the emotional ringer.

Sure its sad knowing that it doesn't end on the best terms for him, especially with him being a true loner now and with the people he cared for the most being dead like Aunt May and Tony Stark, but its something that needed to happen to allow him finally grow and become the Spider-Man we all know and love.

I just find it all bittersweet in a way I guess because its everything I've wanted from this iteration of the character and it warms my heart that he actually took so much inspiration from his brief encounter with Tobey and Andrew.

They really gave him that extra push he needed when he was at his lowest and I loved that they each complimented and supported each other despite not knowing eachother for that long.

9/10

I'm not intending to be some contrarian but, how is this not a laugh and giggly movie? Granted there are definitely intense emotion moments. No doubt. But the entire first half is filled with Disney style conversation moment over and over. Again the movie wasn't bad and I understand art is subjective, but how can anyone say this wasn't a laughing and giggling type movie? They were intentionally almost trying to make it that for the first hour and change. They know who they are marketing to.

Even the villains were constantly quipping with each other.

I feel like I'm almost seeing a different movie cause I know I'm in the minority. Its like I don't understand what I'm missing that everyone else is seeing when they say this is the best Spider-man film ever.

This movie was being hyped up as this dark and brutal Spider-man but as a whole, it was saturated with that Disney/MCU vibe through out....to an even more extreme degree then Homecoming or FFH at times.

First thought after I finished watching it. A disjointed story with good heart and intentions and lots of fan service both frustrating and exciting ride. Great 3rd act. My boys brought the roof down though. Will give a 2nd (and third viewing) provide more thoughts.

MVP is my boy Andrew
Toby still that nerdy kid.
Best acting from Holland and the best from his series

I loved this movie! My favorite films of all time include : Superman 2, Batman 89, Spider-Man 2, Avengers , The Dark Knight and Black Panther. This movie may sit at the top of that list. It truly delivered! I vowed to boycott Marvel because of their treatment of Hulk, but went out to see this one due to what I thought I would see and boy did I! Great film all the way around! I clapped at several parts throughout the film and really was excited long after leaving the theater!

I honestly feel this is the best Spider-Man film of all time and in the running for best comic book film of all time! Great Film!

Last edited:
I just saw the Best Spider-Man film . My hats off to Marvel Studios and Sony. It was such an incredible experience that not only delivers on the hype. But offer such a dramatic and emotional impact and its a celebration of Spider-Man in the films. The fan service is phenomenal, the character exploration delivers without missing a beat.

I'll be seeing this multiple times and I can't wait to see where the character goes in the next trilogy. Tom Holland has brought such depth and strength to Peter Parker. We've seen him grow from since his debut in Civil War till now.

I saw it I loved it I wouldn’t say it’s the best Spider-Man that title still belongs to Spider-Man 2 but this one was the best MCU spidey

loved the movie from beginning to end great respect of what’s come before and sets up the future pretty nicely although I feel like it wasted the Venom thing at the end. I would have loved to see Tom Holland face off against Hardy but I guess we won’t see it happening

LOVED this movie! Best Spidey/Tom Holland movie in the MCU. I still think Raimi’s Spider-Man 2 and first Spider-Man movie are better, but No Way Home is definitely in the top 3

This was Tom Holland’s best performance as Spider-Man. For once, I really felt he was Spider-Man that didn’t need to play second fiddle to other MCU characters. His scene when May dies and the end when he says his goodbyes to Ned & MJ really packed the emotional punch

The villains were all brilliant and had their moments to shine, some more than others obviously. Norman was terrifying and definitely was more of a threat than in the original Raimi film. Ock was great and loved seeing him reunite with Tobey’s Spidey. Electro was a big step up over how he was portrayed in Amazing Spider-Man 2

And what can be said about Andrew & Tobey that hasn’t been said? Both were great and it was nice seeing them again. Tobey, Andrew and Tom had excellent chemistry and played off each other very well. I hope this isn’t the last time we see them together

And the end sets up the new planned trilogy perfectly. It’s gonna be nice to see Tom’s Peter start fresh in a new setting and with a new group of supporting characters and villains

Overall, I give this movie a 9/10

spider-man-tobey-maguire.gif

I won't argue about this movie. I'm dissapointed, but I'm happy for everyone who liked it.

This is what I think about this film.

Poorly written script, too much "Ned" and characters I don't care about. Everything revolves around Peter and May's death after which unfortunately I felt nothing, because no one tried in previous two movies to make me care about her. So when it happened, I didn't care. "Resposobility" speech didn't help much.

Not enough of Goblin, Doc Ock was turned into a joke, literally a caricature. Now every villain is evil because of technology/failed experiments/accidents/madness. It's not their fault... When you take away the element of choice from villains and show them as complete victims themselves, you also take away the stakes and depth. In previous movies it wasn't so simple, these things influenced them, but it looked more like they were taking the worst of them and they had to choose whether to act upon them or not. Norman in SM1 spoke to Goblin and asked directly how he can defeat Spider-Man, to which he replied about "attacking his heart". In SM2 even after Tobey's speech, Otto still wanted to finish his machine, Tobey said "You have turn it off" and Ock replied "I don't want to!" and only after told him about "sacrificing our dreams" did he reflect and decided to destroy it.

Tobey and Andrew's performance... Underwhelming. I mean, they are great, but the dialogues they have are not great. When they ask "Are you shooting this from your wrists?" I thought he would replied something like: "Well yeah... I'm a spider-man." I don't know, something clever, something that would've shown how lighthearted he is. Instead, we get obvious jokes about someone calling out "Peter!" and they all answer because they have the same names. I don't know, something about the dialogues made me feel that they didn't use full potential of this.

Garfield is better because he is more expressive and we also have an extension of his story from TASM2, but Maguire here is a fulfilled character, you can see that everything worked out for him, so he felt like background character. I didn't feel epicness, not even nostalgia, but this is because of the writers and the director. Tobey and Andrew we're great.

The action was really bland, dark, ugly, messy, in most Spider-Man movies, the last battles took place at night and were beautiful, clear and engaging, in NWH it's the opposite. The best action scenes are the first fight with the Goblin in the house and the fight on the bridge and this is very telling. I mean... I wanted really badly to see more Green Goblin but he dissapeared for a long time, then he comeback with new look which he almost immediately loses. No glider, no pumpkin bomb, no goggles, no hood... We get short fist fight which is pretty bad compared to final fight in SM1.

The humor in this movie is terrible, the jokes are stretched out and obvious, and at worst, even explained. May asks Doc Ock if he wants water... Fresh or salt? Because you know... Octopuses like salt water.

Last edited:
spider-man-tobey-maguire.gif

I won't argue about this movie. I'm dissapointed, but I'm happy for everyone who liked it.

This is what I think about this film.

Poorly written script, too much "Ned" and characters I don't care about. Everything revolves around Peter and May's death after which unfortunately I felt nothing, because no one tried in previous two movies to make me care about her. So when it happened, I didn't care. "Resposobility" speech didn't help much.

Not enough of Goblin, Doc Ock was turned into a joke, literally a caricature. Now every villain is evil because of technology/failed experiments/accidents/madness. It's not their fault... When you take away the element of choice from villains and show them as complete victims themselves, you also take away the stakes and depth. In previous movies it wasn't so simple, these things influenced them, but it looked more like they were taking the worst of them and they had to choose whether to act upon them or not. Norman in SM1 spoke to Goblin and asked directly how he can defeat Spider-Man, to which he replied about "attacking his heart". In SM2 even after Tobey's speech, Otto still wanted to finish his machine, he said "I don't want to!" and only after told him about "sacrificing our dreams" did he reflect and decided to destroy it.

Tobey and Andrew's performance... Underwhelming. I mean, they are great, but the dialogues they have are not great. When they ask "Are you shooting this from your wrists?" I thought he would replied something like: "Well yeah... I'm a spider-man." I don't know, something clever, something that would've shown how lighthearted he is. Instead, we get obvious jokes about someone calling out "Peter!" and they all answer because they have the same names. I don't know, something about the dialogues made me feel that they didn't use full potential of this.

Garfield is better because he is more expressive and we also have an extension of his story from TASM2, but Maguire here is a fulfilled character, you can see that everything worked out for him, so he felt like background character. I didn't feel epicness, not even nostalgia, but this is because the writers and the director. Tobey and Andrew we're great.

The action was really bland, dark, ugly, messy, in most Spider-Man movies, the last battles took place at night and were beautiful, clear and engaging, in NWH it's the opposite. The best action scenes are the first fight with the Goblin in the house and the fight on the bridge and this is very telling. I mean... I wanted really badly to see more Green Goblin but he dissapeared for a long time, then he comeback with new look which he almost immediately loses. No glider, no pumpkin bomb, no goggles, no hood... We get short fist fight which is pretty bad compared to final fight in SM1.

The humor in this movie is terrible, the jokes are stretched out and obvious, and at worst, even explained. May asks Doc Ock if he wants water... Fresh or salt? Because you know... Octopuses like salt water.

Are we cutting and pasting each other’s thoughts or something? :oldrazz:

I will say that as much as I was expecting what I was expecting they still managed to top my expectations with the silliness, constant jokes and humor that just didn’t fit. Like I said, they dialed that up to a whole new level. I was already prepared for it and it still managed to shock with just how Disney this movie felt at times.

I can’t understand how they managed to actually dial up Dafoe. I would argue that some of his dialogue was even better then his original appearance. He was off the charts. I can’t say enough good things about him. They movie desperately needed more of him.

Much like you I agree on Ock. That dude was done an injustice but NOTHING compared to Lizard and Sandman. Nothing but lame comic relief for them. Those guys really caught the short end of the stick.

Another minor annoyance with Sandman is the creativity. Where are the different uses for his powers? I know I shouldn’t expect much but damn….If I’m Sandman or Lizard fan this morning, I’m pissed.

Are we cutting and pasting each other’s thoughts or something? :oldrazz:

I will say that as much as I was expecting what I was expecting they still managed to top my expectations with the silliness, constant jokes and humor that just didn’t fit. Like I said, they dialed that up to a whole new level. I was already prepared for it and it still managed to shock with just how Disney this movie felt at times.

I can’t understand how they managed to actually dial up Dafoe. I would argue that some of his dialogue was even better then his original appearance. He was off the charts. I can’t say enough good things about him. They movie desperately needed more of him.

Much like you I agree on Ock. That dude was done an injustice but NOTHING compared to Lizard and Sandman. Nothing but lame comic relief for them. Those guys really caught the short end of the stick.

Another minor annoyance with Sandman is the creativity. Where are the different uses for his powers? I know I shouldn’t expect much but damn….If I’m Sandman or Lizard fan this morning, I’m pissed.

Lizard was scary in TASM... But here?

super-mario-brothers-mario-bros.gif

The same goes for Sandman, I loved his fist fights in SM3, here he was just a cloud of sand and his CGI was way worst than... What? 14 years ago?

sandman-spider-man.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"