Homecoming Spider-Man in Civil War Discussion|Reactions|Spoilers

I am back. :D Spidey was so awesome. I enjoyed every second of it. Bit overall naive following orders from Stark without but I guess that's his youth. Didnt have problem with young Aunt May also. When I was a kid I had two young aunts and Tomei nailed it.

So glad you enjoyed it, Neno. I wasn't bothered either by a younger May, in fact I thought she was great and her chemistry with Tom was excellent. Even in the small after-credits scene I felt she was impressive...I loved her warmth and love for Peter.

Do you feel any better about Homecoming after seeing CW?

You guys notice the absence of the trigger on the web shooter during the end credits scene?

So glad you enjoyed it, Neno. I wasn't bothered either by a younger May, in fact I thought she was great and her chemistry with Tom was excellent. Even in the small after-credits scene I felt she was impressive...I loved her warmth and love for Peter.

Do you feel any better about Homecoming after seeing CW?

I do. I really do. :ilv:

I do. I really do. :ilv:

Glad to hear it :woot:

I still have my reservations about the choice in director and of course the writers but they've been subdued slightly thanks to the wonderful performance by Tom and Marisa. I only hope that those writers will be able to carry over what the Russos and Markus & McFeely have started in CW.

Just saw Civil War. Spidey was great in it and they left us wanting more of him. It was great to see him alongside all the other Marvel heroes.

I don't know if anyone has discussed this yet as I haven't been over this thread, but I wonder if Spider-Man: Homecoming will have anything to do with brainwashing. They kept using the word "Homecoming" several times throughout Civil War as one of the trigger words for Winter Soldier. They could've picked any other word, but they chose that. And knowing that this is the title of the next Spider-Man film, it really stuck out.

Could there be other Winter Soldiers out there besides the ones who apparently died? And could one of them become one of the Spider-Man villains, adopting a new identity? And could this be one of the reasons why Tony Stark is involved as well?

Just saw Civil War. Spidey was great in it and they left us wanting more of him. It was great to see him alongside all the other Marvel heroes.

I don't know if anyone has discussed this yet as I haven't been over this thread, but I wonder if Spider-Man: Homecoming will have anything to do with brainwashing. They kept using the word "Homecoming" several times throughout Civil War as one of the trigger words for Winter Soldier. They could've picked any other word, but they chose that. And knowing that this is the title of the next Spider-Man film, it really stuck out.

Could there be other Winter Soldiers out there besides the ones who apparently died? And could one of them become one of the Spider-Man villains, adopting a new identity? And could this be one of the reasons why Tony Stark is involved as well?
http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-civil-war-screenwriters-interview/3/

Probably a total coincidence, but my editor is curious about Spider-Man‘s title, Homecoming, which is one of Winter Soldier’s activation words, funnily enough. Is this completely coincidental?

McFeely: That’s a coincidence, but boy I wish it wasn’t. [Laughs.]

Markus: Every single word they say to The Winter Soldier will be the title of another film. [Laughs.]

FU7604lg.jpg

Coming in July.

Best adaption of Spider-Man yet hands down he was a teenager, he was funny and witty. Best of all his Peter Parker wasn't over the top or moody just a regular good old fashion science geek.

Is Spider-Man for sale individually or is the only way to get him in the pack?

Sounds like the only way to get him is in the pack.

I read somewhere that apparently they can't market separate Spidey merchandise for Civil War; he has to be packaged with someone else. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but oh well.

I saw Civil War on opening weekend but just finally got around to posting about it. I won't into detail on my thought, since everyone has spoken about it by now. But I did love it and I loved Spidey in it. As BatsDC said, this is SSM on the big screen. :hyper:

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed it man!

And yeah, SSM come to life. :woot:

Sounds like the only way to get him is in the pack.

I read somewhere that apparently they can't market separate Spidey merchandise for Civil War; he has to be packaged with someone else. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but oh well.

Yup. It's on the Periscope video here where they unveiled the package.

When they started taking questions, Yoko McCann said it's not getting a solo release and that the only way they could do a Spider-Man Funko for the movie was to release it as part of a set.

Speaking of which:

HEfraX6.jpg

tp9sBmp.png

Fantastic I love anything Lego. See my profil pic. :D

Yeah, they totally did. And they did so with maybe 10 minutes of screen time. For 5 movies, I've been waiting for a definitive live-action representation of the duality between Peter and Spider-Man and this is by far the closest yet. I'll wait til the solo releases to be firm about that but I'm very impressed thus far and so excited for Homecoming.

Best adaption of Spider-Man yet hands down he was a teenager, he was funny and witty. Best of all his Peter Parker wasn't over the top or moody just a regular good old fashion science geek.

I agree. The only thing that took me out of that characterization was the ESB joke. A nerd is more likely to know everything about Star Wars; old movie or not. I appreciate the SW reference but they should have structured it so that it came across as Peter being a SW fan, as most socially awkward, teen nerds are these days.

I agree. The only thing that took me out of that characterization was the ESB joke. A nerd is more likely to know everything about Star Wars; old movie or not. I appreciate the SW reference but they should have structured it so that it came across as Peter being a SW fan, as most socially awkward, teen nerds are these days.

That joke tells me he is not classic geek outcast. He is nerd, but science nerd. What makes him outcast is fact he interested in things not many people are. And there are couple facts what back my theory up. This one and him actually collecting/recyling old garbage technology. I dont see reason why Peter would be SW fan. He would likely seen it, but making him be guy who is part of fandom I dont know. I have friends who watched Star Wars but didnt became part of whole hype about SW. It didnt change them lives and they can actually live without them. Hell I am one of them. And let's not forget this is kid born and raised in 00's. Not sure how much today's teens care about old movies at all. .

Last edited:
That joke tells me he is not classic geek outcast. He is nerd, but science nerd. What makes him outcast is fact he interested in things not many people are. And there are couple facts what back my theory up. This one and him actually collecting/recyling old garbage technology. I dont see reason why Peter would be SW fan. He would likely seen it, but making him be guy who is part of fandom I dont know. I have friends who watched Star Wars but didnt became part of whole hype about SW. It didnt change them lives and they can actually live without them. Hell I am one of them. And let's not forget this is kid born and raised in 00's. Not sure how much today's teens care about old movies at all. .
This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"